Can you tell me if this is fakeUS lady Gaga palette?

BellaItalia1969

I thought i know MAC brand really well,but a mate from college have bought 2 of these ...from US,(allegedly)i told her that they are fake (in my opinion)a little heated discussion ensued...
thmbup.gif
but she is adamant that these were only released in US??Oh some mug have bought it off her for £25!
nonono.gif

Am i wrong ?Were these a special release for US,only??
If I am wrong i can feel a big humble pie coming my way
yes.gif
I thought that MAC,does not make square eyeshadows like these and the MAC logo looked ermm a bit wonky?
Thanks guys
mac_addict.gif
mac_addict.gif

Here is a piccy that i have found of this item (one is being sold on eBay UK)

%21B4%28hPTgCGk%7E$%28KGrHqIOKjoEyNNyB++oBMplIti7H%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
Please wait
Image not available

MAC LADY GAGA 8 Colour Eyeshadow palette Only One! NEW! on eBay (end time 11-Oct-10 22:33:19 BST)

rockin

I've done an 'Ask Seller a Question' on the 'Gaga' palette, asking them for the names of the individual eyeshadows in the palette. Will let you know if I get an answer

FWIW, I don't think you'll be eating humble pie. How many MAC eyeshadows have the name MAC on the shadow itself?

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I've done an 'Ask Seller a Question' on the 'Gaga' palette, asking them for the names of the individual eyeshadows in the palette. Will let you know if I get an answer

FWIW, I don't think you'll be eating humble pie. How many MAC eyeshadows have the name MAC on the shadow itself?

Hi Rockin
pompom.gif
thank you,yeah i see what you mean?I already had a heated discussion with someone else in college,who was selling genuine"Mac pigments"(while ago) with Mac single powder eyeshadow names.. like SilverRing,Hepcat.
thmbdn.gif
Same thing they insisted they "know their MAC"that they bought it on a trip to US,in genuine MAC store??WTH!!
angry.gif

BTW Rockin,have you noticed the increase in sales of fake MAC Cyndi,lipstick and the Liberty of London lippies?One seller has some freakily made up names of these:NewYork Apple?Gleam &Taupe??
thmbdn.gif

Seller:hd.glasgow:M..A..C and Liberty of London lipstick New York Apple on eBay
[URL="http://javascript<b></b>:;"]

Care

that's definitely a fake!!
The only Lady Gaga products MAC has made are the Viva Glam lipstick, lipglass, and the cosmetic bag (picture of lips on it, and stripes on the other)

rockin

Hi Bella
smiles.gif

New York Apple, Gleam and Taupe are real MAC lipstick colours (permanent line), but obviously they never came in the Liberty Of London packaging. There are just far too many MAC fakes on ebay UK these days, and most seem to be the pigments with eyeshadow names.

Eleentje

I haven't been in this forum for a while, and-- lo and behold--I find fresh batches of most disgustingly looking fakes. This palette is most definitely a fake. Gaga and Cyndi are Viva Glam representatives for this year, and Viva Glam line is always lip product related, as far as I am aware. They're not even doing lip Viva Glam lip palettes this year, only lipglosses and lipsticks.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleentje
I haven't been in this forum for a while, and-- lo and behold--I find fresh batches of most disgustingly looking fakes. This palette is most definitely a fake. Gaga and Cyndi are Viva Glam representatives for this year, and Viva Glam line is always lip product related, as far as I am aware. They're not even doing lip Viva Glam lip palettes this year, only lipglosses and lipsticks.

Eleentje,yup it's awful the way this fakes just spring up so quick
thmbdn.gif

I know that Liberty of London,lipstick,was released only in 4 shades so i knew the other shades were fake,but some of the others is just too much to keep up with
yes.gif

Thanks a lot guys for helping me out
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif

PinkBasset

Oh no, those are poor fakes.
thmbdn.gif
Maybe you chould direct those college mates here, so they can't say they know their Mac, because obviously it's all lie. Here they could learn that those really are fakes and you're not just saying so. It is great that you point to them that they are indeed selling fakes!
thmbup.gif

Paint&Ink Chick

Def a fake & bad ones at that lol. Now Gaga did help with the Dare to Wear & the colors are bright,loud but no palettes. I seen a Cindy Liberty of London beauty powder!? WTF, Too funny

User38

Sorry these are the fakes -- most are made in China/Taiwan and have bombarded the U.S. and Europe

LMD84

woah! that lady gaga palette looks pretty tacky in my opinion anyways. but yeah it's very much a fake
ssad.gif

macaddict_xo

The gaga palette is an obvious fake. Like others are saying, MAC only released a lipglass, lipstick and makeup bag for the gaga collection... I do have to admit though... I like the box the fake palette came in.

niftyness

I traveled SE Asia in sept/oct and they were selling fake mac in the streets in thailand. why would ppl buy that stuff?? clearly it has to be fake so why would you want that low quality stuff on your face?

i don't get it.

sucks too, because i want to sell some of my stuff that i don't use but am afraid that everyone will think it is fake!

Latest posts