Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

Junkie

Our store stopped selling Lise Watier and MUFE (not Canadian, but
ssad.gif
made me sad regardless since our store was the only place in Toronto to sell it - so now I can't buy it discounted). Oi! Now its up to IMATS and The Bay for MUFE. BAH!

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Our store stopped selling Lise Watier and MUFE (not Canadian, but
ssad.gif
made me sad regardless since our store was the only place in Toronto to sell it - so now I can't buy it discounted). Oi! Now its up to IMATS and The Bay for MUFE. BAH!

Where in TO are you, and where did they stop carrying MUFE? I know the locations at College subway and Fairview Mall have (had?) MUFE, unless those are the ones that recently stopped.

Quote:
Its part of a LE display that came out recently. They have gold compacts too - 3 kinds with 3 different levels of bronzer. I LOVE the leopard print one for the compact, but wish the Tiger print bronzer was in it. Its far too dark for me. The third print is giraffe.

I saw the bronzers. They look so cute, but I have way too many bronzers for someone who NEVER wears bronzer. I actually have the Quo mosaic one, it's so dark. I don't like the new compacts they have that hold multiple things. blush and e/s or something, I didn't look closely, but they looked really annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrceys
Somebody on another site suggested a plastic ammo case (for bullets) as a lipstick holder.

I've heard that before as well. I wonder if you can find pink ones decorated with butterflies or anything. lol
tong.gif

Cinci

hmm, last I knew of, there were a few SDM's in the GTA that carried MUFE.. actually, lol, I saved their contact info in my cell last time I was in TO, so when I ended up near one I could stop in and pick some stuff up (I lucked out too, There just so happened to be a spend your points event the weekend I was there and I ended up with $200 in free MUFE products!)

As of Feb, the ones that were listed to Carry MUFE were SDM Burnhamthorpe Rd (Missasauga), SDM Lawrence Ave (T.O.), SDM Queensway (Etobicoke), SDM 465 Yonge St, (T.O.)

Do you know if all these locations stopped selling MUFE? If so, I should remove them from my contacts so I dont waste my time accidently going to a location that doesn't carry it!

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
Where in TO are you, and where did they stop carrying MUFE? I know the locations at College subway and Fairview Mall have (had?) MUFE, unless those are the ones that recently stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
hmm, last I knew of, there were a few SDM's in the GTA that carried MUFE.. actually, lol, I saved their contact info in my cell last time I was in TO, so when I ended up near one I could stop in and pick some stuff up (I lucked out too, There just so happened to be a spend your points event the weekend I was there and I ended up with $200 in free MUFE products!)

As of Feb, the ones that were listed to Carry MUFE were SDM Burnhamthorpe Rd (Missasauga), SDM Lawrence Ave (T.O.), SDM Queensway (Etobicoke), SDM 465 Yonge St, (T.O.)

Do you know if all these locations stopped selling MUFE? If so, I should remove them from my contacts so I dont waste my time accidently going to a location that doesn't carry it!

I'm at the College one. I didn't know about the others....how did you get that info that MUFE was sold there?

I'm hoping it was just our store that stopped carrying it. Apparently the demo people had a fight with our Beauty Boutique Manager and now we don't carry it. Anna Sui took its place. The stuff is nice, but I hate how everything smells like roses. Its gross.

So yeah - College/465 Yonge location doesnt anymore. I need to look up the Lawrence Ave one!

EDIT: Ahhh, just saw you can search specifically for each line on the SDM site. It says we still have it, it needs updating. It also says MUFE is at the Bay/Gerrard location. I'm going to call all of these places when they open to ask
smiles.gif

Cinci

Quote:
EDIT: Ahhh, just saw you can search specifically for each line on the SDM site. It says we still have it, it needs updating. It also says MUFE is at the Bay/Gerrard location. I'm going to call all of these places when they open to ask
smiles.gif

Yep, that's what I did.. I don't remember if I ended up going to the Lawrence Ave one, or the Burnhamthorpe Rd one.. I GPS'd them all and chose the one that was closest to Yorkdale..

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm annoyed that no SDM sells MUFE in Ottawa
ssad.gif
no one pays attention to the Capital :/

I know there used to be atleast one store in Ottawa that carried MUFE, cause my sister in law bought me HD foundation from Shoppers for xmas.. She lives in Stittsville and didn't want to go all the way to a Sephora, so she went to a shoppers instead... Did they stop carrying it?

Shadowy Lady

well, I asked the SDM near me and they said Ottawa SDM's don't carry MUFE. She could be wrong though. I gotta do some more research.

Which one did ur sister in law go to?

Cinci

Hey.. I just spoke to her and she thinks she either bought it from SDM at 760 Eagleson, or on Terry Fox Drive... She went to both... The first lace she went carried MUFE, but didnt have my color, so she had to go to the other SDM to get it..

I tried to use the locator on the SDM website, because you used to be able to chose the brand and search which stores carried it (which is how I knew SDM carried it when I initially asked for it for xmas), but they revamped their website and the locater isn't even letting me search a postal code at the moment... maybe try giving those locations a call?

HTH

BabyGirlB

I've never tried any of Lise watier's products... now I'm all curious, I think I'm gonna have to do some swatching at my local shoppers!

StarrySim

Awww, College stopped MUFE? that sucks. And what's with Anna Sui? They just showed up at my location at Yonge/Finch too, and I'm far from excited. What I wanna know is when UD will come to Toronto area SDM's.

Oh, and the brand locator on the website sucks. It's usually incomplete, and sometimes also incorrect.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
Awww, College stopped MUFE? that sucks. And what's with Anna Sui? They just showed up at my location at Yonge/Finch too, and I'm far from excited. What I wanna know is when UD will come to Toronto area SDM's.

Oh, and the brand locator on the website sucks. It's usually incomplete, and sometimes also incorrect.

I'm thinking UD will end up at Murale before Shoppers. But then again, even Murale doesn't even carry MUFE! I've been to the Murale at Don Mills and its great - swatched to my hearts content the first time I went and wasn't bugged at all when I told them I worked for Shoppers and was just looking.

I wanna experiment with Nars a little bit (its pretty much the only line I'm interested in at Murale) - but I need to whittle my stash a bit before I do that. Even with my discount I can't fall into buying more and more stuff!

And this is what I got for Ottawa (for MUFE):

680 Eagleson Road
613-599-4595

Shadowy Lady

Thanks Junkie and Cinci. I'm kinda far from Kanata but I'll keep an eye out for next time they have bonus SDM points to go and snag some MUFE
greengrin.gif

Junkie, Nars is pretty much my fave brand out there. All of their products (except for their pencil liners) rock my world!

Junkie

Has anyone seen the new collection display for Lise Watier - Summer 2010 Neon Take?

Omg that new white/clear plumpissimo le gloss with the Iridescent (its name as well) purple/pink shimmer is to die for!

I swatched it and was amazed by the colour...its soooo pretty
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

Neon Take??? Is there lots of neons? I'm obsessed with anything neon coral or yellow. I was at Shoppers last night but it was such a crappy location, they just have the regular lines of cosmetics. I have to go check my regular SDM. And i still haven't visited Murale. I'm waiting to rack up some more Optimum points so i can get some NARS!

Junkie

MUFE is being discontinued at all SDMs - I called about 5 and got the same answer.

Fairview has very minimal product and is in the process of packing it all up at the moment. Don Mills/Lawrence Ave East is doing the same and said everything is being sent back on Monday, but their stock is meh - bits and pieces of each item.

Those were the only two stores who still had some stuff left. But you'll need to hurry to see what they have left.

The promotion for this weekend is kinda crappy anyways - $20 Esso Giftcard....not worth it IMO. I'd only go asap to spend points, but I already stocked up from my store last month. I'll do my MUFE shopping at IMATS - its cheaper anyways.

And I dunno if any of you know, but the optimum point system is also changing as of July 1st (in a few weeks).

New system:

8,000 pts = $10
22,000 pts = $30
38,000 = $60
50,000 = $85
95,000 = $170

Old (current) points system:

7,000 = $10
15,000 = $25
30,000 = $55
40,000 = $75
75,000 = $150

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Neon Take??? Is there lots of neons? I'm obsessed with anything neon coral or yellow. I was at Shoppers last night but it was such a crappy location, they just have the regular lines of cosmetics. I have to go check my regular SDM. And i still haven't visited Murale. I'm waiting to rack up some more Optimum points so i can get some NARS!

Well, not lots....wrong name for the collection. Its isnt that crazy neon. Check out Lise Watier Lise Watier Cosmetics

The pencils remind me of the ones that came out for Art Supplies.

And of course, the collection has their own version of lustre drops aka Havana Kiss & Glow.

The SDM in the underground at Yonge/Bloor is always good - same with Yonge/Charles and Yonge/Dundas (AMC in the underground) for Lise Watier products. They always have the LE stuff available.

Junkie

Oh yeah! Anyone see Annabelle's LE ready-made quads?

They're $16.99 each at my store - which is roughly $4.25 an eyeshadow (less than retail for a single one).

One has the old LE purple from awhile back called Purple Reine. I swatched a few and they feel a little crumbly to me.

Latest posts