Canadian (& international!) make-up lovers

s0xjuicy

I headed over to Sephora yesterday and as much as I loved everything, I hated the prices!

UDPP was $18, where TFSI was $24!
And I ended up buying the UD Deluxe Shadow Box which was $43, and a mini sample of TF Lash Injection which was $10 [as much as a full sized drugstore mascara]

It just gets me mad that you US ladies aren't paying as much as us, and there isn't a huge difference in the dollar to accommodate us paying so much
ssad.gif

Sanayhs

One brand that doesn't gouge you terribly for being in Canada is Make Up For Ever. An eyeshadow is $18 US or $18.50 Canadian, for example.

It is frustrating to look at the price discrepancies, but it is what it is.

TISH1124

Get CP's ....I am sure us US ladies wouldn't mind helping out here and there for the crazy priced stuff...

gigiopolis

How have the price increases affected Canadian prices? I know in the US prices have gone up anywhere from $1-$2...it would be horrible if it was like $3-$4 in Canada!!

Cinci

its gone up around the same in Canada.. i've only noticed a dollar or so here or there...

renee604

It sucks but there's not much we can do about it. You can do CPs or if you know anyone who goes across the border often then you can get them to pick up stuff for you.

LatinaRose

Haha tell me about it. I'm from the states and the worst thing about moving here is the pricing!! I don't even get that bent out of shape about makeup, moreso things like True Religion, Rock & Republic, and Juicy. Way too fucking expensive up here!!!!

I don't think the UDPP is too bad, only $2 more than stateside.

Are you in Toronto?? I'd be more than happy to pick things up for you when I go home. I'm going back at the end of the month, PM me if you want!

ClaireAvril

I looked this up the other day because I am going to BUF tomorrow. I thought I should stock up on some MAC but I really wanted to see what the difference is...would I really be saving money?
Turns out its almost about the same.

According to www.xe.com the CDN dollar is 0.827746.
On MAC's website Studio Fix Fluid is $26USD and $31CDN. When you do the exchange $26USD is approximately $31.41CDN.

CCO here I come.. !!!

Rennah

Just about everything except clothes is marked up here in Bermuda because shipping and duty (tax on everything imported) is added in.

MAC eyeshadow = $18.50
MAC pro pan refill eyeshadow = $14.50
MAC pigment = $24

We don't have Sephora, but there's one makeup/perfume store here that sells Cargo... and the department stores carry Lancome, Chanel, Dior, Iman, Guerlain, etc. Pharmacies carry stuff like Loreal, Maybelline, & Almay (but no one has CoverGirl!
ssad.gif
I need Lashblast!).
Oh, and Jordana (a dollar store brand) stuff is sold for $2.50 here! lol.

BTW, Bermuda dollar is on par with USD. ($1 USD = $1 BMD)

Ikara

Here a MAC eyeshadow is €16 wich is $22 so I'm really thankful I can buy some of my makeup at some online shops hahahaha

Meisje

I wish you could change the currency on Sephora.com to Canadian, instead of having to wait until you were using the checkout. Some products increase in price dramatically instead of proportional to the exchange rate.

s0xjuicy

It's crazy!I know there's CP's and traveling and stuff, but it's just so inconvenient when you're shopping
ssad.gif

luckycharms

You are all still lucky girls
smiles.gif

Here in Japan..everything is just so expensive. Mac products are too pricey here. But there's nothing we can do.

pinguina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
I wish you could change the currency on Sephora.com to Canadian, instead of having to wait until you were using the checkout. Some products increase in price dramatically instead of proportional to the exchange rate.

I completely agree... And paying extra for shipping? No thanks!

We have Sephora here, but it's a pain not to have certain products or brands like Illamasqua
ssad.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje

Agreed. The stupid thing is that there shouldn't be that much difference in the product pricing, because the CDN and US dollar are almost equal...

jennifa

You think that's bad? When I was in Brazil, they were charging 70 Reais (more than $40 USD) for a MAC shadow!

ivcika

In my country we don´t have M.A.C but other cosmetic is 15-20 % higher then in other European country´s