Canadians: can you use HBC gc at MAC counter?

munchkin86

Does anyone know if you can use an HBC gift card at a MAC counter in the Bay?

I have some air miles and I noticed I could redeem them for an HBC gift card. I thought that would be perfect if I could use it at the Mac counter, but I don't know if you can do that?

alaskaeh

I cash in my HBC rewards for HBC gift cards all the time and use them almost exclusively at the Mac counter. Never encountered a problem as they are part of the Bay, they must accept.

munchkin86

Thanks guys! I am definately going to get one now.

kels: yeah if you buy the MAC gift card at the mac counter, you can use it there. My mom got me one for christmas last year
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

Yup! All the HBC promotions work there too. A few months ago I spent a certain amount of money and got a coupon book, $10 off every $50 purchase I think. Used it all at the MAC counter.
greengrin.gif

AshleyTatton

Yeah I fill out surveys online by askingcanadians and they reward me with HBC points, like 25000 at a time kinda deal which is way faster than you can earn just buying stuff at any HBC store. Save 'em up and get gift cards to use at my MAC counter!

munchkin86

wow thanks for all your helpful answers. I have an HBC points card, but it's totally inactive because I like never shop at the Bay. I am going to re-activate it and start getting points to use towards MAC! For some reason, this never occured to me before. lol

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin86
kels: yeah if you buy the MAC gift card at the mac counter, you can use it there. My mom got me one for christmas last year
smiles.gif

Really?! Last time I tried, it was refused.
ssad.gif
Thanks for the info!

ClaireAvril

Def you can. I've traded in my 80K HBC points for i think 10$ something @ MAC.
I love the Bay and I shop there because they have great fashions..they carry MAC, and collecting the points eventually gets me a nice treat.

Latest posts