Can't Wait till the Best/Worst list of 2007!

Joke

Last year was all about Catherine Deneuve for me. It was the first collection coming out in 2006 and I loved every bit of it, the colors were so flattering! The rest of 2006 couldn't fascinate me that much.
But 2007, totally different story: the collections later in the year (Matte2, Alexander McQueen, Antiquitease) totally rock!!! Can't wait for Metal X!

So I'm very interested to see this year's best/worst list!
clap.gif

MAC_Whore

I know! It has been quite a year! This has definitely been a MAC year like none other. I look forward to everyone's responses.
smiles.gif

The Best of/Worst of list is here, as sticky in MAC Chat. The thread will open on 26 Dec with the launch of the last collection of the year.
winks.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
i cant wait... i would like to give an early nomination to strange hybrid for worst of the year. for real.

I second that!!!!

Moonbathe is definelty in my number spot this year for best collection but i really think Barbie will take the top spot for the best. People just went insane over it!

Chic 2k6

to be honest, i havent got a favourite collection this year
ssad.gif
i hardly wanted anything (which is good!)

Chrystia

I liked Strange Hybrid! Moonflower and Floral Fantasy are two of my fave shadows, plus the insanely gorgeous orchidazzle. As far as least favourite collections I personally nominate Balloonacy.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystia
I liked Strange Hybrid! Moonflower and Floral Fantasy are two of my fave shadows, plus the insanely gorgeous orchidazzle. As far as least favourite collections I personally nominate Balloonacy.

IA - Besides the palette, there was nothing too exciting about Balloonacy. I know it must have been nice for the Soft Sparkle Liner Lovers, but I'm not fond of glitter near my eyes or wack pigments. Also the Barbie Color Story didn't make a lot of sense to me. Pink lips, I get that, but the shadows were all over the place, to me at least (not to say that I didn't like them, I got 3 of the 5) and I don't see how Fab works in the color scheme either.

Perple1

Twinkle, Twinkle ~ I am RIGHT there with you! The Barbie color collection WAS all over the place! I love my Moth Brown and all, but I just didn't get the theme/color combo?!?!

aziajs

I am interested to hear people's opinions too. I agree with Joke in that the latter part of 2007 has really blown me away. The year started off kind of lukewarm but MAC has more than made up for it. I think Antiquitease may be my favorite.

HollieErin

I think that I'm really the only person who did not like the Barbie collection. I thought that the packaging was cute but rather than that I looked at it and passed on every item.

I love Antiquitease, and am not sure that I could survive without Earthly Riches.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I am interested to hear people's opinions too. I agree with Joke in that the latter part of 2007 has really blown me away. The year started off kind of lukewarm but MAC has more than made up for it. I think Antiquitease may be my favorite.

OMG ANTIQUITEASE... everyday I come in and love that collection even MORE. I've just realized - I have all the shadows (with a backup of Mi'Lady), 3 of the lipsticks, 2 lipglasses, 1 pigment (with samples of the other two), and I got Uppity. I think that's the most of any collection I've ever gotten... maybe.

My favorites have got to be
Barbie Loves MAC. I thought all the lipsticks were AMAZING, the lipglasses were awesome, the eyeshadows were... okay. The Beauty Powders were AWESOME, and the packaging was absolutely amazing. The visuals were stunning, and it was just awesome how there was an actual Barbie doll, shirts, a whole desk display for stores, and how some stores even had Barbie models.
Strange Hybrid. I don't understand why some people disliked this collection! It was gorgeousss. The visual was beautiful and airy, and dreamlike, with alot of pinky purple and flowers. Very spring. I loved how the colors were pastel, but organic too. Like real flower colors. I also loved the Purple lipstick, and the Strange Hybrid lipstick. The Nordstrom exclusive quad is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS too. The rest of the collection was forgetable though.
Moonbathe. I thought the packaging was an awesome idea, very clean and simple. The visual was okay. I loved the eyeshadow colors, but it was sort of a messy application, and her blonde eyelashes poking through were kinda... gross. I dunno. The eyeshadows were perfect for summer. All of them were very warm and hot, and also were good colors for transitioning from summer to fall (especially Saturnal, and Claire De Lune).
Sunstrip. I just thought the visual was hot. xD Manly male models with stubble and some makeup is really hot...
Smoke Signals was AWESOME. Anyone that has seen my FOTDs knows I'm a smokey boy. Smokey smokey smokey. The palettes sold out at my counter after like 2 and a half weeks. I loved all the selections for the palettes, loved the nail lacquer choices. The Kohl Powers are soo soft and smudgeable and perfect for smokey eyes. And I also loved the blushes, Ablaze was like the redder, more intense cousin of Blushbaby, and Emote was PERFECT as a contouring powder on lighter skins.
Antiquitease (Colour)... Like... I despise the makeup in the visual. But all the shadows are SO versatile, and the lipsticks (excluding Her Fancy) are soo beautiful, as are the lipglasses, and the pigments and just... omg I love Antiquitease.
smiles.gif

Least are definitely
Conceal. I loved the Visual. However, nobody but makeup artists want to fiddle with several concealors to find their match, and it was limited edition, so after they are done with that palette, they'd have to go on a quest for another concealor!
Balloonacy. The visual was fugly, I hated it, and I'm like... a goth kid pretty much. The palette is unwearable for the average customer, and even I have trouble finding ways to wear it. Violet Trance is just so chalky and applies so unevenly on me. It's been months and I still have a hard time wearing it.
In 3D. The 3D glasses are beautiful, and I own several, but I just couldn't stand the Lipglass pencils. Super super sheer liners? I don't get it. Liner is to perfect and sharpen the edge of the lip. These just didn't show up. =/ Not a fan at allllllll.

greatscott2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollieErin
I think that I'm really the only person who did not like the Barbie collection. I thought that the packaging was cute but rather than that I looked at it and passed on every item.

I love Antiquitease, and am not sure that I could survive without Earthly Riches.

oh no, you aren't the only one- I didn't like the Barbie collection either.

Latest posts