Car Painting

luminious

I have a shitty ass honda civic and i'm finally getting it painted so i'm excited. It's gonna be a candy black with pearl. I been trying to hook this car up since I hate it so much, but has anyone else had their car professionally re-painted.. And not Maaco.. they suck lol I'm getting a dirt price too.. $150! Then I gotta get the tints that's another $150.
wavey.gif

I remember someone posting a pink car and the paint job didn't look good because it was such a flat color. Candy colors and Pearls are my favorite. If you ever read Lowrider magazine you will see some great cars.. (the guy who is doing my car has done cars in that magazine.. well he's family, but hes one of the best.)

kaliraksha

I actually want to get my new car painted a glossy black with a red pearl on top... for a deep blood red color. But I have to get my new car first... which means I have to graduate first.. hehe. Mine is also a hookup.. and they're using airplane paint for the black because it's really "chip resistant". I can't seem to do anything normal... I loove the red and black color combos.. I'm always looking to add them as an accessory. Good luck with yours and POST PICS!! Please? =)

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Well as much as I like my Chrome Yellow e/s car color I really want a candy pink pearl or a Parrot e/s pearl color on my car!
Or any color with shiny flakes in it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fire-...ayphotohosting

Yeah, pink is my favorite color, but I would never paint my car pink.. I've seen a few around here and they just look really dumb. I might do the car a black color, with some kind of pink, but that's as far as i would go.

I'll post pics when its done.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminious
I have a shitty ass honda civic and i'm finally getting it painted so i'm excited. It's gonna be a candy black with pearl. I been trying to hook this car up since I hate it so much, but has anyone else had their car professionally re-painted.. And not Maaco.. they suck lol I'm getting a dirt price too.. $150! Then I gotta get the tints that's another $150.
wavey.gif

$150?!?! Good Lord!

I had my '94 Civic Ex painted a 3 stage candy red (Ford E9), it had been that gheto purple, w. enough clearcoat to make it look like it was still dripping wet. It cost $3,000 at a private shop to have professionally done. That car was drop dead gorgeous with a CF hood as the finishing touch
greengrin.gif
It was worth every last penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Hehe I think parrot colored car sounds pretty cool =)

LMAO
rofl.gif
Honda's Electron Blue Pearl!!! It was so popular a few years back on the Civic Si and Prelude... and every other car that was repainted. I hate that color
tong.gif

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis
$150?!?! Good Lord!

I had my '94 Civic Ex painted a 3 stage candy red (Ford E9), it had been that gheto purple, w. enough clearcoat to make it look like it was still dripping wet. It cost $3,000 at a private shop to have professionally done. That car was drop dead gorgeous with a CF hood as the finishing touch
greengrin.gif
It was worth every last penny.

LMAO
rofl.gif
Honda's Electron Blue Pearl!!! It was so popular a few years back on the Civic Si and Prelude... and every other car that was repainted. I hate that color
tong.gif

150 is a dirt price! it's family so he should be hookin me up. the paint is cheap what they charge you for is labor.. the dent removal, sanding priming all that stuff takes a lot of time.

luminious

Quote:
It definitelly is! I wish I could have paid a price like that.

do u have pics?

Isis

I used to, but not anymore. I ditched all of them after it was stollen. LOL yupp I'm still bitter and that was around 3 years ago!
It was that transparent candy red from the Mustangs & Cougars. Absolutely gorgeous, but was never meant to be a show piece.

luminious

Quote:
I used to, but not anymore. I ditched all of them after it was stollen. LOL yupp I'm still bitter and that was around 3 years ago!
It was that transparent candy red from the Mustangs & Cougars. Absolutely gorgeous, but was never meant to be a show piece.

The car was stolen or someone took your pics as their own?

Mine will be going into the car show when it's done.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminious
The car was stolen or someone took your pics as their own?

Mine will be going into the car show when it's done.

The car itself was stollen and stripped down just a week after I finished with it. I went absolutelly baslistic when I saw it at the impound lot. But what sucks the most is that I actually met someone who knows the people that did it.
I've been out of that scene now for several years, it isn't at all what it used to be anyway, in shows and streetracing for that matter. Just call me oldschool
smiles.gif
I had a blast while it was good though and I wish you the best of luck with yours!

depecher

I had my first car painted. I paid a lot at the time and the paint itself stunk. The blue came off on my chamis or however you spell it. The car was a piece of junk Dodge Colt, (yeah, I'm old), so it just figured that the paint would be rotten.
lol.gif

Now, I have a white Honda Accord sedan. I LOVE my car to bits. White is an awesome color because the dirt doesnt show as much as it does on other colors.
smiles.gif
I have a killer stereo system, so that just adds to my love. ha ha.