Carbon as eyeliner?

s0xjuicy

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I did a search and nothing came up :/

I've heard of people using carbon as a eyeliner, exactly how would you go about doing this? Would you need to use it wet or what? tia :)

landonsmother

i use it as an eyeliner & it's amazing!

what i do is use MAC's graphblack or engraved eyeliners, then use the #266 brush & use carbon to set my eyeliner. the eyeliner stays on much longer that way & it's an intense black.

or you can get MAC's mixing medium or fix+ or just make your own glycerin (you can search on here or youtube on how to make this), then just take the solution & dampen an angled brush a bit, dip it in carbon & voila, you've got an eyeliner.

HTH
smiles.gif

miss_supra

Even using water with Carbon will give you a nice smooth line while using the 266 brush. when I just got started with make-up this used to be the only way I'd line my eyes.

nunu

you can dip an eyeliner brush (i use the 266) into carbon and then dampen the brush with water or spray the brush with fix and line. You can use it dry as well but when the brush is damp the colour intensifies
smiles.gif

aimee

of course u can use carbon just use a wet brush (fix+, water, i prefer mixing medium)

i still prefer blacktrack fluidline to line but i always set my engraved with carbon
hope that helps

User93

i use carbon and black tied as a liner quite often, for me it works perfect when i apply false lashes and have to cover the sticking line. Also as girls already said you can dip your brush in water and then use carbon, or use mixing medium. They dont sell mixing medium where i live, so you can use my cheaper way - get glycerine from a drugstore and mix it with water. Its very cheap and works good. Also you can s[ray fix+ on the brush before using carbon, as already mentioned before. Good luck!

GlamYOURUs

I love it as a liner! I use my cheapo eye liner to trace where I will line my liner. Then I would take an eye liner brush, dip it in Carbon AND THEN spray fix + on it and line, the staying power is amazing.

But never dip the brush in wet b/c it will destroy the shadow!

blindpassion

I use Carbon to line when I want an intense black look, or a smokey eye look.

I usually use Blacktrack fluidline with a 263 brush and then use a 209 brush to place carbon ontop and set the fluidline.

(important note: I only use eyeliner in my waterline and tightline, never outside those areas, and the method I just explained above works perfect and lasts forever
smiles.gif
)

erine1881

like glamyourus and nunu said, DO NOT wet your brush and then dip it into the shadow. when you do this, the water/mixing medium/visine sinks into the shadow and causes bacterial growth. if you continue to use the shadow, you can get eye infections from this bacteria.

if you want to use it wet, dip the brush into the shadow first, then mist the brush with water or fix+.

another option is to buy the hot contrast MES. these you can use a wet brush on without causing bacterial growth.