Carbon or Knight Divine?

Vaughn1999

For a brown eyed girl looking for a color to intesify a multitude of crease colors would everyone recommend Carbon or Knight Divine? Currently using Black from NYX but it is a bit hard to blend.

gigiopolis

I go for Carbon. In short, it's just a lot more versatile.

My personal preference would be to enhance the crease with a matte dark colour as opposed to one with a little shimmer (Knight Divine is a Veluxe Pearl). It just works a little more effectively at enhancing the crease, really creating the illusion of depth.

Also, Carbon is straight up matte black, it's not grey, taupe, brownish...etc. It's just black. It can be applied liberally for intense black, or with a soft fluffy brush to intensify crease colours. I can see it working for all colours, while Knight Divine has silver/blue reflects (according to the MAC website), which could limit you, in terms of pairing colours.

MissMochaXOXO

i actually think knight devine would make ur brown eyes pop way better! the silver/blue shimmer will make them sparkle
smiles.gif

LatinaRose

Carbon for the purposes you listed, but both are must haves. I actually like NYX's Black and find it to be just as blendable as Carbon. What brush are you using to blend?

myystiqueen

if you're not brave enough to do extreme smokey eye, go for knight divine...

but i personally prefer carbon...

joojoobss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
I go for Carbon. In short, it's just a lot more versatile.

My personal preference would be to enhance the crease with a matte dark colour as opposed to one with a little shimmer (Knight Divine is a Veluxe Pearl). It just works a little more effectively at enhancing the crease, really creating the illusion of depth.

i agree!!! i like using a matte color in the crease..
knight divine has a little too much shimmer for me.

for a really dark look ill use knight divine as a base and then use carbon in the crease.

Vaughn1999

Using nearly everything. The 222, 224, 217 tried laying it down with the pencil brush then blending. tried laying it down with the 222 then blending. Any steps you can give me?

Vaughn1999

Thanks! Actually the MA at MAC said to use a matte in the crease too (we were talking about Fig1 vs Nocturnelle at the time).

LatinaRose

I use the 217 and tap almost all of the shadow off my brush. You can always add more, but its hard to take away. Maybe you're starting with too much shadow??

If I want a more precise crease, I use the 219, again tapping nearly all the shadow off. Then I apply, but still blend with a clean 217.