Cargo ?

Addicted2Shadow

I recently bought an eyeliner set (swimmables ) that is Cargo. I LOVE these eyeliners by the way. I was wondering if anyone else has tried their other stuff? If so likes and dislikes?

geeko

I have three of their blushers in Rome, Tonga and Catalina...and they are very pigmented

anita22

I have the 7 in 7 kit, which contains 7 fullsize products:

- BeachBlush in Coral: Nice colour & pigmentation but really shimmery
- Lipgloss in Alexandria: I like the texture of this, it's not too sticky
- Essential Eye Palette in Dark Neutral: LOVE this, it's fantastic quality and truly a perfect neutral eye palette
- OneBase: Love the idea of this, finish is nice, but the colour choices are poor
- High Pigment eye pencil in black: Love this, it's very pigmented and longwearing
- Lip pencil: Nothing special
- Lash Activator mascara: I quite liked this as a mascara, although I don't think it made my lashes grow, and probably wouldn't pay full price

Overall I think Cargo has some great products but it's a bit hit and miss. If you can get your hands on the 7 in 7 kit it's a great way to trial their products for a good price.

Addicted2Shadow

Thanks , I may have to do that. They seem to have some pretty eyeshadows but it's hard for me to stray from mac. lol

Eurydice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Shadow
Thanks , I may have to do that. They seem to have some pretty eyeshadows but it's hard for me to stray from mac. lol

I love Cargo, but I think that their eyeshadows are tricky: some of them are quite pigmented, some others aren't. Anyway, try their blushes. They are superpigmented and there's a good amount of product. You'll fall in love with them
love.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I have several CARGO blushes and I love them. The Beach Blushes are especially nice. Their bronzer is one of my favorites. I have a few of their old shadow duos and about five or so if their old shadow singles and they are all great and soft (like a more intense Stila shadow in a way. The PlantLove baked MSF-like products are pretty decent, but I'm not sure if their still available. I've seen good reviews of the liquid foundation and terrible reviews of the powder foundation but I haven't personally tried either.

Simply Elegant

Powder foundation is just ok. Not horrible, but not worth rebuying.
Love the blushes.
Old eyeshadow palettes were pretty good and pigmented with nice colours but unsure of the newer ones.

iheartangE

I'm loving the OneBase for concealer. I've used a million different undereye concealers before, all different formulas, and this is so far the best. It's really blendable, you only need a small amount, and it lasts all day without much creasing in the fine lines underneath my eyes. Everything else ends up settling into the lines but the OneBase barely does it at all.

It's funny I never would have tried it except that I got a job at Sephora and the OneBase was the first thing my co-worker recommended when I complained about my concealer creasing.

gigiopolis

Their blushes are very smooth and pigmented, and the bronzers are awesome! I like the matte one the most.

Temptasia

I like their HD/Blu-ray line and their blushes/bronzers!
I also really like their neutral essential eyes palettes...they go on very pigmented and creamy.

Overall a very good line. They are opening a counter at the Sears on Robson St. in Vancouver! Woohoo! Where the old MUFE used to be.

kelcia

I just bought the Cargo Magic Brush and if you buy the brush from Ulta you get the HD blu_ray powder free.(which I thought was great buy) and I absolutely love both products. The brush is ridiculously soft and with the powder my face looks flawless.
I've always wanted to own Cargo stuff and it seems that now since Sephora stopped carrying them they've done more promotions.
I would have done the 7 in 7 but i'm way over my make up limit for the month.

astronaut

I really like their blushes and the blu-ray blush as well. They are so finely milled, pigmented, and easy to blend. I have blushes from various brands and the blushes from Cargo and Illamasqua are my favorite.

DILLIGAF

I own their blush in Rome and I love it. It's pigmented and not ashy looking on my darker skin. I also own a palette in Tahiti. The colors are beautiful and smooth. Cargo was one of the first brands I bought at Sephora when they started showing up in NYC.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Curious to know your thoughts AWS! This isn't a brand I've explored a lot, but what I've seen has been very good. The one thing that I did try (got a sample in a gift bag) was their Lash Activator mascara. In a word- amazing. Seriously competes with the best of the high end brands. Their products are unfortunately a lot more expensive in Canada than the US.

awickedshape

Curious to know your thoughts AWS! This isn't a brand I've explored a lot, but what I've seen has been very good. The one thing that I did try (got a sample in a gift bag) was their Lash Activator mascara. In a word- amazing. Seriously competes with the best of the high end brands. Their products are unfortunately a lot more expensive in Canada than the US.
I thought they were a Canadian brand! Sorry to hear that it's more expensive there. I've used it two days so far and have mixed feelings. The colour is a great match. I like the texture. No scent issues. I use an spf 50 moisturizer and my face can get very oily and I did have to blot and touch up about three times per day. I would prefer if there was a compartment for a puff but I knew what I was getting. I do prefer it to Chanel Poudre Universelle (both loose and compact) and Guerlain les Voilettes. Will surely report back at the end of the week! Edit: I quite like this powder but my moisturizer is a bit greasy and the powder does not control it much, and I think my skin was clearing up faster before I started using it (though who really knows for sure with that timing, it could be coincidental) so I'm not sure if I'll keep using it.

Latest posts