Carnival Makeup for my sis dressed as The Night

Eire3

Soooo
Wanted to show you the make up that I did to my little sister for carnival
tong.gif

(here in Italy it is a period in which there are parties were people mask themselves, kind of a longer Halloween. It is a period of the year of christian-catholic tradition: in Middle Age people had parties, eat and get drunk before the sacrifice period which comes before Easter...if you want to see a better definition see wikipedia Carnival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to have an idea of how it is in Italy)

She was dressed as the Night and I did her make up....I wanted to do it more dramatic (with falsies and such) but she usually don't wear makeup so she asked me not to exagerate XD

Here are the pics (clickable!), sorry but with the flash it looks like my blending really sucks and the colours are washed off
ssad.gif
and pics sucks too XD but anyway, just wanted to share...

In the reality the blue glitter I applied on the black part of the eye showed much more (my camera sucks!) I wanted to take the photos in natural light but it was already dark
ssad.gif

Anyway I used:

Eyes:
Too faced shadow insurance
MAC bare study paintpot
A very white e/s from H&M (it has the same pigmentation as gesso but it's frost)
Black e/s from Kiko (italian make up brand), dupe of carbon
MAC Technakohl liner in graphblack
Sephora liquid black eye-liner
A MAC blue glitter (don't know the name, it is a sample)
A white and shiny pigment of unknown brand

Face:
Le Blanc de Chanel
Studio Sculpt NW15 mixed with a bit of the white pigment
Sephora Radiant Loose Powder
A very light concealer from Collistar (italian brand)

Lips:
Concealer
A sparkling rosey Rimmel lipgloss

Brushes:

MAC: 219, 190, 217, 266

Non MAC: a brush like the 252 of unknown brand, sephora n°23

And here she is "full-size" LOL

(she also has a silver half moon mask but i can't find the photo where she wears it)

Hope you like it
smiles.gif

enigmaticpheo

Aww I love it! my mom is from Italy, I love carnival.
smiles.gif
the makeup looks wonderful, very appropriate for her costume.

Eire3

Really?? From which part of Italy does your mom come from?
I also usually go to parties for carnival but this year I had some health (and time) problems and couldn't manage to find a costume on time
ssad.gif
Soooo sad
ssad.gif
I would have loved to do a super-dramatic carnival look on me tho

And thanks for the compliments!
smiles.gif

happy*phantom

Nice blending and dramatic eyes! Personally, I would have added stars and a moon but it's just a matter of taste and personal preference. ;-)

Eire3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy*phantom
Nice blending and dramatic eyes! Personally, I would have added stars and a moon but it's just a matter of taste and personal preference. ;-)

I would have added them too!
But my sis was saying "ok, now stop" at every step while during her makeup and when i said, in the end, "don't you think it's cool to add silver stars and such?" she said "NO!!" got up and ran away from the bathroom LOL
She's so a no-make-up-girl XDD I convinced her to do that black eye just because i was justifying the makeup like "it's carnival and you must be masked" XD

Thank you anyway! XD