Cassie's subtle blush

mehrunissa

I was browsing a fashion forum the other day, mostly to look up celebrities of color and drool over their makeup. I found a photo of Cassie, and fell in love with her super-soft and subtle look. Cassie and I have similar skintone and now I must have the blush she's wearing! Any suggestions/ideas?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrunissa
I was browsing a fashion forum the other day, mostly to look up celebrities of color and drool over their makeup. I found a photo of Cassie, and fell in love with her super-soft and subtle look. Cassie and I have similar skintone and now I must have the blush she's wearing! Any suggestions/ideas?

Maybe Sunbasque or something in that peachy, shimmery family?
th_dunno.gif

mehrunissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Maybe Sunbasque or something in that peachy, shimmery family?
th_dunno.gif

Hmm. I have Sunbasque, and it's deeper and more shimmery on me than Cassie's cheeks. Any ideas for a matte blush?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Hmm. I have Sunbasque, and it's deeper and more shimmery on me than Cassie's cheeks. Any ideas for a matte blush?

Well honestly her blush doesn't look matte in the picture. Maybe try NARS Zen? Maybe Nico over a matte blush? Perhaps, Gina or Gilda? I feel like MAC blushes are either shimmery or they're not, with no in between. Maybe you could look at Coppertone, Buff (that may be too light, I don't know) or Prism? Hopefully you are near a counter or store so you can try these out, but those range from peachy to tawny. HTH!

makeba

it looks like a light swipe of subasque or coppertone blush. ez baby tendertone, with soft brown eyeshadow and a nice coat of mascara. this is just my guess on how to dupe this look. it is a pretty look

mehrunissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
I took a picture of the blushes since I have some that was mentioned incase that helps
smiles.gif

IMG_3447.jpg

Ooh, I didn't even consider Gingerly until now, so I went and got a Beauty Powder Blush in Evensun, which gives pretty much the same effect as the pic.
smiles.gif

Thanks, girls!

SparklingWaves

That looks like a Chanel blush to me. I see a lot of stars use them. They look like that. They are expensive, but it's because most of the colors blend so darn effortlessly.

Note: These colors do look different on the face vs. tested on the arm. If you are interested in them, do look at them in natural light rather than in the store to see how they really look on you. I find department store lighting is not the best for testing makeup.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Ooh, I didn't even consider Gingerly until now, so I went and got a Beauty Powder Blush in Evensun, which gives pretty much the same effect as the pic.
smiles.gif

Thanks, girls!

np
smiles.gif

fyi: gingerly is kim kardashin's fav. blush
smiles.gif

mehrunissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysecrets
I say go for a cream blush.

I just discovered how amazing they are and the great, yet subtle coverage it provides!

I love cream blushes, but I reserve them for colder weather. They don't work well in humid weather. Thanks for the suggestion though.
smiles.gif

mehrunissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingRose
That is such a gorgeous look! I'm going to try and recreate it, if I can. I love the natural look of it.

Make sure to post pics, if you do end up recreating it!

mehrunissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Which site did you find the pic of Cassie on?

It was in her thread at thefashionspot.com.
smiles.gif