CCB's as an eyeshadow base...recs?

beautenoir

I'm looking to try these as a base for my eyeshadow...I'm to understand that applied lightly over paint that they won't crease and help make shadows brighter...I plan to get two to try them out...any versatile color rec's?

asteffey

hush or shell. i like those because they can be used as a brow highlight too.
smiles.gif
HTH

Trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteffey
hush or shell. i like those because they can be used as a brow highlight too.
smiles.gif
HTH

Yep I agree with you. I use Hush I think. One's a little pinker than the other one. They're both great though! I usually put the CCB on over my Bare Canvas paint if I'm going to be wearing only pigments, but I use shadesticks for when I'm using only eyeshadow for the color intensity. I use the CCB for pigments because I heard that they adhere better than with shadesticks. They're also great for cheek highlighting! HTH
smiles.gif

user3

Yup just tap it over paints. I use Hush or pearl I just depends. I use pearl if I want the colors to be more vivid. Hush if I want them to look softer.

kimmy

luna is also a really fabulous colour! it looks white, but it goes on sheer and opulescent, makes eyeshadow glow and look pretty amazing IMO
smiles.gif

brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
luna is also a really fabulous colour! it looks white, but it goes on sheer and opulescent, makes eyeshadow glow and look pretty amazing IMO
smiles.gif

yes i agree with above get luna! if you want a color that wont change the color of your e/s then get luna! it's very WHITE and it really brings out the color!!! hush is a nice color too and so is shell but IMO those change the colors of your e/s... to me they bring out more of the pinkish undertones.... well thats just my opinion... oh and if you want a nude color fawntastic is wonderfullllll!!! hahaha i LOVE CCB's!

Femme Noir

Definitely Pearl. It is the most universal i think. Especially for people as pale as you and I. I don't think it's necessary to have more than one unless you're using them for blush.
And yes, definitely use VERY sparingly over a paint. I've had my pearl ccb for over a year and i haven't made a dent. It's so concentrated you barely need any at all.

brandi

oh yeah and pearl is a white color too but not as white as luna! but like femme noir said you dont need much....

as for me i like using the other colored CCB's for when i want a brighter color for example.... i wanted love bud to be more orangey and more vibrant i put fabulush under it and i swear it was just beautifulllll!!!

Jennifer Mcfly

I agree! CCB's over paints are awesome! That's usually what I use as my eyeshadow base 98% of the time. I use Fawntastic CCB b/c it matches my skin perfectly! It's a nude beige color. I know you are alot fairer then I so it may not work for your skin...but they are so awesome over paints. The eyeshadow really grabs onto them b/c they are a little more sticky then paints
smiles.gif

Definitely get some!!!

noteventherain

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautenoir
i can't find hush on the site...is it a proproduct?

nope. . .it's not. maybe it's just out-of-stock or randomly disappeared for a few minutes. you know MAC and their hide-and-go-seek games. ;p

Definitely go for Hush and Pearl though! They're my favorites!
smiles.gif

xiahe

i agree with what almost everyone else said - hush or shell. luna is really nice, too!

Latest posts