CCO questions

mizvolta

I've read a lot of posts on Specktra about hauls from CCOs, and I was excited to go to a local one yesterday. However, I was a bit disappointed. There were quite some MAC items, but from quite old collections. All the samples looked dusty, used and abused and like they were 100 years old. I was eyeing a couple of items, but I didn't purchase anything because the oldness scared me off. My question is this: are CCO items just fine, or is there something to be aware of?

LC

the awesome thing about CCOs is that they HAVE that old collection stuff. that's mostly why people go. to try to find limited edition stuff that they missed out on at the real MAC store. as long as the product you buy is untouched in its packaging, you shouldnt worry about the testers and stuff being dusty and such

my_adored

I really like the CCO I went to. Although they did not have some the more recent items that I missed out on, I found items from old collections I had missed completely (my pre-Mac era). They can look kinda dingy from the testers, but as long as the items are packaged, don't worry about it. The quality is still fantastic.

marlojean83

CCO is also a great place to stock up on brushes and pigments and things. You never know what you'll find when you go. Also, I think it depends on the store - we have a few in Texas and the one in San Marcos had a much better selection and at least twice what they had at the one closest to me in Allen. I think you just have to get lucky when you go. But I've never had a problem in terms of the quality or something being expired.

jazmatazz

I think CCO's are great! Maybe the testers have been out for a long time, but the item you are purchasing should be boxed and in new condition. Sometimes CCO's have a great selection, other times not so much. The CCO's only sell Estee Lauder brand owned products so everything should be reputable.

At my local CCO most items you bring up the tester and they get the new item you are going to purchase from behind the counter. Never had a problem shopping at one.

Latest posts