cellulite wraps at spas

Sparklevixen81

I looked in the stretch marks and cellulite thread but I did not see anything like this.

A spa at a local hotel was renovated recently and they have an herbal cellulite wrap. this is the description:

This organic treatment uses herbs, spices and bioflavonoids to melt away cellulite through high blood
circulation. The body is detoxified, purified and the lymphatic system is stimulated, releasing toxins and excess
fluids from the skin. The treatment is concluded with application of firming Cinnamon Paprika body lotion in
trouble areas and Organic Honeydew moisturizer to hydrate and protect the skin.

would this be a worthwhile thing to look into? Has anyone tried something similar? I am not looking for a miracle, just to flush some stuff out while I am still working on tone and muscle building. Thanks!

MiCHiE

It basically rids you of water weight and temporarily smooths the skin. A lot of women do this on the day of an event.

erine1881

these do not work for cellulite or stretch marks. they only work for water weight, which comes back the minute you eat or drink something. they are a waste of money.

first off, only women have cellulite. its not fair, but its true. and there's nothing that you can do to get rid of cellulite. all you can do is exfoliate, moisturize and tan (real or fake) to make skin look smoother and darker, which in turns makes cellulite less noticable. no type of wrap, massage, lotion, or any other product/procedure gets rid off or minimizes cellulite.

secondly, stretch marks are scars. you can't prevent them with moisturizers (cocoa butter claims to prevent them during pregnancy). the reason for this is that stretch marks occur when the skin lacks elasticity, and stretches during weight gain or pregnancy. moisturizers will do nothing to increase the elasticy in the skin, preventing stretch marks. alot of people say that stretch marks are hereditary, however, my mother had 3 kids and is overweight, but has no stretch marks. my sister had a baby, but got no stretch marks. me, on the other hand, have stretch marks on my thighs, breasts and butt due to average weight gain when i went on birthcontrol when i was 14 due to medical reasons. the only way to diminish stretch marks is to use laser therapy, which is the same thing they use for sever scars.

sorry if i went off topic. i hate hearing about all these gimmicks that claim to do things when they don't. so, definately save your money and spend your time and energy on exercising and toning your muscles. if you've got the money for laser treatments, look into that if you are concerned with stretch marks. as for the cellulite, us women just have to deal with it. another reason men suck!
th_LMAO.gif

MiCHiE

One more thing about stretch marks is: they start below the skin. So, what you see on the surface is the effects of your skin tearing from the inside-out. This is another reason why most topical applications are useless in preventing them.

Sparklevixen81

hmm...I am glad I asked this! This spa has a "renevation special" that for the same price as one wrap you get a facial or massage, hand treatment and lunch, I think I will go for that instead.

I am in the gym 5x a week but its slow going!