Chanel 2014 Jardin de Camélias Makeup Collection

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Howdy Medgal, I have been abit under the weather hence my absence, but am getting better. How have you been?

I'm so behind on trying out my new stuff, I need to try the Dior My Lady blushes still! Are you getting through that massive haul still?
pretty.gif

I did a skincare order though, realised I needed to pick up my game there lol.

I'm eyeing Guerlain Terra Tropica...I think it would work better on me than Sun Celeb which might be abit dark. I will have to pop over to the Guerlain thread!
Oh MissTania, I hope you're feeling 100% again really soon. I had no idea you were unwell. I am progressing
slowly with my physical therapy and I'm actually getting better at applying makeup w/my left hand---thanks for
asking.

I'm behind in trying my new stuff too but for a totally different reason than yourself. I actually tried my Dior
Sundeck quint and fell completely in love with it---so much so that I'll have to force myself to wear other e/s this
weekend. Sundeck gives the most beautiful neutral look---it's so amazing---spring & summer on the eyes. I've
worn it with my other loves, Chanel Orange Intense, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer (line & fill the lips)
topped with Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer, Sunny 188. OMG! What a beautiful lip combo. Teger
suggested this lip combo and now there's a complete cult following. So, if I can stop using these items for a
minute I'll be able to try some of the other amazing items that I've hauled lately---like the Dior My Lady blushes!!!
I have tried the Dior Gold shimmer powder (love, love, love)---you have that one too yes? And the Amber & Pink
Dior Nude Shimmer Powders. Oye---talk about product overload!!
girlhaha.gif

Terra Tropica looks really beautiful but I suspect a bit too light for me the way that Sun Celeb might be a bit dark
for you. I am enjoying Sun Celeb, the Terracotta Joli Teint Foundation, the Terracotta Sun Shimmer Highlighting
Blush, Spicy Coral and the Peachboy blush duo. I've clearly OD'd on orange/coral/peach lately but I can't
seem to get enough of these colors--rather pathetic of me.
lol.gif

Do continue to feel better---you have some catching up to do!!!

MissTania

Oh MissTania, I hope you're feeling 100% again really soon. I had no idea you were unwell. I am progressing
slowly with my physical therapy and I'm actually getting better at applying makeup w/my left hand---thanks for
asking.

I'm behind in trying my new stuff too but for a totally different reason than yourself. I actually tried my Dior
Sundeck quint and fell completely in love with it---so much so that I'll have to force myself to wear other e/s this
weekend. Sundeck gives the most beautiful neutral look---it's so amazing---spring & summer on the eyes. I've
worn it with my other loves, Chanel Orange Intense, Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer (line & fill the lips)
topped with Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer, Sunny 188. OMG! What a beautiful lip combo. Teger
suggested this lip combo and now there's a complete cult following. So, if I can stop using these items for a
minute I'll be able to try some of the other amazing items that I've hauled lately---like the Dior My Lady blushes!!!
I have tried the Dior Gold shimmer powder (love, love, love)---you have that one too yes? And the Amber & Pink
Dior Nude Shimmer Powders. Oye---talk about product overload!!
girlhaha.gif

Terra Tropica looks really beautiful but I suspect a bit too light for me the way that Sun Celeb might be a bit dark
for you. I am enjoying Sun Celeb, the Terracotta Joli Teint Foundation, the Terracotta Sun Shimmer Highlighting
Blush, Spicy Coral and the Peachboy blush duo. I've clearly OD'd on orange/coral/peach lately but I can't
seem to get enough of these colors--rather pathetic of me.
lol.gif

Do continue to feel better---you have some catching up to do!!!
Thanks Medgal, I'm feeling much better, thanks for the well wishes. Glad to hear of your progress (slow and steady!) and that you're improving with your left hand application
cheerleader.gif

The Sundeck and Chanel Orange combo sounds gorgeous. The Dior 5 couleurs are a thing of beauty, I have owned at least 30 (in the old packaging and current), however due to eye sensitivities I rarely wear them these days. No other eyeshadows ever won my heart like they did. I shall live vicariously through you!
girlhaha.gif

I finally tried the Dior My Lady blush 003 today, and wow - I am in love
eyelove.gif
I used the kabuki brush that came with it and it just gave me such a pretty glow, it's fantastic. I'll have to try the 002 tomorrow! I am so happy I got the My Lady blushes, they are incredibly beautiful. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you have the pleasure of using them!

Glad you are pleased with the Gold shimmer powder - I recall you were lucky to get your hands on one! I am yet to try it, looking forward to it. I just got the pink shimmer- very happy with it!

You sure are enjoying alot of Guerlain! I am rethinking the Sun Celeb, after seeing these swatches:

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/05/guerlain-terracotta-sun-celebration.html

It looks like a divine collector's item. I need to visit my counter and see if they're getting them so I can swatch in person. Terra T is calling me too though!

Oddly enough, I have been catching up on the threads for the latest MAC collections, and I don't foresee any big purchases. What are you eyeing at the moment?

Medgal07

Thanks Medgal, I'm feeling much better, thanks for the well wishes. Glad to hear of your progress (slow and steady!) and that you're improving with your left hand application
cheerleader.gif

The Sundeck and Chanel Orange combo sounds gorgeous. The Dior 5 couleurs are a thing of beauty, I have owned at least 30 (in the old packaging and current), however due to eye sensitivities I rarely wear them these days. No other eyeshadows ever won my heart like they did. I shall live vicariously through you!
girlhaha.gif

I finally tried the Dior My Lady blush 003 today, and wow - I am in love
eyelove.gif
I used the kabuki brush that came with it and it just gave me such a pretty glow, it's fantastic. I'll have to try the 002 tomorrow! I am so happy I got the My Lady blushes, they are incredibly beautiful. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you have the pleasure of using them!

Glad you are pleased with the Gold shimmer powder - I recall you were lucky to get your hands on one! I am yet to try it, looking forward to it. I just got the pink shimmer- very happy with it!

You sure are enjoying alot of Guerlain! I am rethinking the Sun Celeb, after seeing these swatches:

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/05/guerlain-terracotta-sun-celebration.html

It looks like a divine collector's item. I need to visit my counter and see if they're getting them so I can swatch in person. Terra T is calling me too though!

Oddly enough, I have been catching up on the threads for the latest MAC collections, and I don't foresee any big purchases. What are you eyeing at the moment?
MissTania I certainly hope your eye sensitivities are only temporary---seasonal allergies maybe? Total bummer
and I hope that gets better soon.

I tired the Dior My Lady blush 002 and loved it---I wore the Rose shimmer powder as a highlighter with it
eyelove.gif
So
awesome. I love the formula and how easily it applies. I totally forgot about the adorable kabuki brushes that
came with the blush. I used my Chanel blush brush but next time I'll have to reach for a 'baby buki.' I'll have to
try 003 blush next.

​ Sun Celebration is gorgeous, and an absolute collectors item. The packaging is so awesome and the quality of
the product comparable to the amazing compact. I looked at the swatches and you might be able to pull it off. It's
definitely worth looking into. You can check out Terra T as well---if the decision becomes daunting you'll just have
to get both!!!

I have not purchased anything from MAC in months---beyond odd for me. I've started following the MAC threads
again because I love the excitement & seeing the hauls, swatches and pics of the ladies wearing the products---
total fun, but I've not yet seen anything that I can't live without. How about you? Did you get anything from AA?

​I'm currently awaiting the Chanel, Dior & TF fall collections. I've recently tried Bite Beauty lip products for the first time, and purchased my 6th YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush. Guess I really like them!
girlhaha.gif

MissTania

MissTania I certainly hope your eye sensitivities are only temporary---seasonal allergies maybe? Total bummer
and I hope that gets better soon.

I tired the Dior My Lady blush 002 and loved it---I wore the Rose shimmer powder as a highlighter with it
eyelove.gif
So
awesome. I love the formula and how easily it applies. I totally forgot about the adorable kabuki brushes that
came with the blush. I used my Chanel blush brush but next time I'll have to reach for a 'baby buki.' I'll have to
try 003 blush next.

​ Sun Celebration is gorgeous, and an absolute collectors item. The packaging is so awesome and the quality of
the product comparable to the amazing compact. I looked at the swatches and you might be able to pull it off. It's
definitely worth looking into. You can check out Terra T as well---if the decision becomes daunting you'll just have
to get both!!!

I have not purchased anything from MAC in months---beyond odd for me. I've started following the MAC threads
again because I love the excitement & seeing the hauls, swatches and pics of the ladies wearing the products---
total fun, but I've not yet seen anything that I can't live without. How about you? Did you get anything from AA?

​I'm currently awaiting the Chanel, Dior & TF fall collections. I've recently tried Bite Beauty lip products for the first time, and purchased my 6th YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush. Guess I really like them!
girlhaha.gif
Thanks Medgal, unfortunately I have had these issues since 2010, in conjunction with chronic dry eyes
sigh.gif
. I have been wearing just an Almay liquid liner and a Clarins bronze eye pencil for about a year, which I have gotten used to. At the moment, I am wearing no eye make up most days, as I'm seeing a new opthamologist who has suggested a number of things to trial for my dry eyes for a few weeks, including exercises that make eye make up impossible to wear. As I have/had so much eye make up, it has been very disappointing but I started going overboard with lipsticks as that became the focus of colour I could apply to my face.

But yesterday, as it was a Sunday here, I busted out my 5 couleurs in Ready to Glow in the afternoon, and it's funny as I felt strange with noticeable eyeshadow on! It didn't seem to irritate me which was good, but I'd need to wear it for longer to be sure. Now, all I need to do is go through my others gradually to see what's ok to wear.

That Dior combo sounds divine, I will have to try it. The baby buki wasn't bad but a more defined brush would probably be better, I am very lazy with brushes though, so I will have to wash my new ones and give it a go.

I went to the Guerlain counter to inspect, and they had the Sun Celeb but not Terra T. Sun Celb is nice, but I want Terra T for highlighting. The SA was on a break, so I will have to go back tomorrow to ask if they're getting Terra T. Meanwhile, I chanced upon a stunning Rouge G, called Gracy. I am extremely tempted to get it. It was even more gorgeous than in T's swatches:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-gracy-rouge-g-lipstick-review-photos-swatches

Did you skip Playland and Proenza? I skipped AA, but went silly for Playland and Pinkfringe lipstick from Proenza. I walked past the counter today and bought True Love's Kiss from Maleficent- I was surprised at how nice it swatched.

Chanel and Dior fall sounds good to me - as for Tom Ford, I have looked at the Counter occasionally and the lipsticks seem quite nice. The counter is at a department store I don't frequent often, otherwise I'm sure I would have tried it by now. You're in love with those YSL kiss and blushes- glad you have found a winner
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

Thanks Medgal, unfortunately I have had these issues since 2010, in conjunction with chronic dry eyes
sigh.gif
. I have been wearing just an Almay liquid liner and a Clarins bronze eye pencil for about a year, which I have gotten used to. At the moment, I am wearing no eye make up most days, as I'm seeing a new opthamologist who has suggested a number of things to trial for my dry eyes for a few weeks, including exercises that make eye make up impossible to wear. As I have/had so much eye make up, it has been very disappointing but I started going overboard with lipsticks as that became the focus of colour I could apply to my face.

But yesterday, as it was a Sunday here, I busted out my 5 couleurs in Ready to Glow in the afternoon, and it's funny as I felt strange with noticeable eyeshadow on! It didn't seem to irritate me which was good, but I'd need to wear it for longer to be sure. Now, all I need to do is go through my others gradually to see what's ok to wear.

That Dior combo sounds divine, I will have to try it. The baby buki wasn't bad but a more defined brush would probably be better, I am very lazy with brushes though, so I will have to wash my new ones and give it a go.

I went to the Guerlain counter to inspect, and they had the Sun Celeb but not Terra T. Sun Celb is nice, but I want Terra T for highlighting. The SA was on a break, so I will have to go back tomorrow to ask if they're getting Terra T. Meanwhile, I chanced upon a stunning Rouge G, called Gracy. I am extremely tempted to get it. It was even more gorgeous than in T's swatches:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-gracy-rouge-g-lipstick-review-photos-swatches

Did you skip Playland and Proenza? I skipped AA, but went silly for Playland and Pinkfringe lipstick from Proenza. I walked past the counter today and bought True Love's Kiss from Maleficent- I was surprised at how nice it swatched.

Chanel and Dior fall sounds good to me - as for Tom Ford, I have looked at the Counter occasionally and the lipsticks seem quite nice. The counter is at a department store I don't frequent often, otherwise I'm sure I would have tried it by now. You're in love with those YSL kiss and blushes- glad you have found a winner
eyelove.gif
Oh my---I didn't realize you had these issues with your eyes for so long. How awful for you. It certainly sounds like you're getting the best possible care. I'm hoping for
a total break-through and permanent resolution for you!!!

I think the Dior combo will be very pretty on you.

OMG----Rouge G 'Gracy' is gorgeous. I have 4 Rouge Gs now and refuse to look at more (tee hee, as I check the availability of Gracy) before I've used the ones that
I have at least once!!!!! They are very heavy---as heavy as a Swiss Army knife. I love the formula, but what were they thinking with the heavy bullet enclosures?
On the upside, you'd have no trouble finding them in your purse---detectable by their weight alone!

I haven't purchased anything from the past several MAC collections. I LOVE MAC but I've had fun exploring other brands. I'm paying more attention to the collections
again because there really are some amazing gems in them. Now we have to worry about Gucci's makeup line scheduled out in the fall. That should be very
interesting!

I took a peep at True Love's Kiss and I agree, it's VERY pretty!!!!
eyelove.gif

girlhaha.gif
I do love the YSL BD K & Bs---they're so different.

MissTania

Oh my---I didn't realize you had these issues with your eyes for so long. How awful for you. It certainly sounds like you're getting the best possible care. I'm hoping for
a total break-through and permanent resolution for you!!!

I think the Dior combo will be very pretty on you.

OMG----Rouge G 'Gracy' is gorgeous. I have 4 Rouge Gs now and refuse to look at more (tee hee, as I check the availability of Gracy) before I've used the ones that
I have at least once!!!!! They are very heavy---as heavy as a Swiss Army knife. I love the formula, but what were they thinking with the heavy bullet enclosures?
On the upside, you'd have no trouble finding them in your purse---detectable by their weight alone!

I haven't purchased anything from the past several MAC collections. I LOVE MAC but I've had fun exploring other brands. I'm paying more attention to the collections
again because there really are some amazing gems in them. Now we have to worry about Gucci's makeup line scheduled out in the fall. That should be very
interesting!

I took a peep at True Love's Kiss and I agree, it's VERY pretty!!!!
eyelove.gif

girlhaha.gif
I do love the YSL BD K & Bs---they're so different.
Thank you, it's such an annoying problem for a make up lover to have!!

I finally tried the My Lady blush in 002- so amazingly pretty. I wish these were permanent.

I bought Rouge G in Rose Grenat- I saw it on strawberrynet and got a good price, so I had to have it! I know I'll love it, it's on the way.

You're so right about the packaging, it's just ridiculously heavy. Gracy is on my radar. Which others do you have? I just have Gigi no.68.

Gucci sounds like it will be very stylish - I hope it lives up to the name. I don't know what to expect from fashion houses. I am not a fan of Armani make up, I've only had one of their lipsticks that I liked and another I barely used.

I must say though, I loved Versace make up- packaging and colours, and I still have their nail polishes which I really liked. Did you ever try their make-up? It's not available in Australia anymore, in fact I don't know if they even still make it!

I like True Love's Kiss, and I am glad I don't forsee any more demented MAC hauls, just bits and pieces.

Medgal07

I finally tried the My Lady blush in 002- so amazingly pretty. I wish these were permanent.

I bought Rouge G in Rose Grenat- I saw it on strawberrynet and got a good price, so I had to have it! I know I'll love it, it's on the way.

You're so right about the packaging, it's just ridiculously heavy. Gracy is on my radar. Which others do you have? I just have Gigi no.68.

Gucci sounds like it will be very stylish - I hope it lives up to the name. I don't know what to expect from fashion houses. I am not a fan of Armani make up, I've only had one of their lipsticks that I liked and another I barely used.

I must say though, I loved Versace make up- packaging and colours, and I still have their nail polishes which I really liked. Did you ever try their make-up? It's not available in Australia anymore, in fact I don't know if they even still make it!

I like True Love's Kiss, and I am glad I don't forsee any more demented MAC hauls, just bits and pieces.
I'm so glad you love My Lady blush 002. I'm going to make an effort to wear both more often!

In addition to Rose Grenat (864) I have Genna (28) Geneva(48) & Geraldine (77). I'm really partial to Geraldine at the moment---the prettiest pink ever.
th_happy1.gif
Runs to look up Gracy & Gigi---oh my. Both are really pretty----I shouldn't have looked
thud.gif

I'm interested in seeing what Gucci has in store for us. I never used Versace and I only have a few select Armani items.

I heard there was another MAC product mix-up. MAC needs to do better than that for their loyal followers who stick w/them no matter what.

Icecaramellatte

I loved Versace. I was so sad when it left the U.S. I don't have any of the makeup anymore but I still use the brushes daily.

MissTania

I loved Versace. I was so sad when it left the U.S. I don't have any of the makeup anymore but I still use the brushes daily.
Did the brushes have their logo? I can just imagine an elegant golden design. I still have a few single eyeshadows, a blush (I picked it up when the range was discontinued), and over 5 nail polishes. I didn't have a great deal as I was a student back in the day, but I used them a lot, especially one of the pink nail polishes which was a barbie pink which I still have.

I don't know if Versace makeup is available in Italy, but if it were I would shop up a storm!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Sort of stumbled on this collection yesterday and was unexpectedly smitten with the highlighter. I absolutely do not need another highlight powder (until the Chanel holiday one, which I absolutely do need), but the formula and texture of this one seemed really nice... Please anti- enable me.

Medgal07

That's good, we're so lucky to have snagged both of the My Lady blushes!

I saw Geraldine recently and was wowed by it - but I can do without for the moment (I'm lying). Gigi is very glamorous, and it reflects light beautifully - just a stunning pinky red.

I really want Gracy next!!http://www.specktra.net/t/185618/chanel-2014-jardin-de-cam-lias-makeup-collection/300

I have high hopes for Gucci, the packaging should be very chic. Verscace was gorgeous, quality, colours and packaging. I have some items still, I'll take some pics one day.

Another MAC mix up
icon_eek.gif

Did the brushes have their logo? I can just imagine an elegant golden design. I still have a few single eyeshadows, a blush (I picked it up when the range was discontinued), and over 5 nail polishes. I didn't have a great deal as I was a student back in the day, but I used them a lot, especially one of the pink nail polishes which was a barbie pink which I still have.

I don't know if Versace makeup is available in Italy, but if it were I would shop up a storm!!
I think I might wear Geraldine today for our week of bright pink lipstick.
As far as Gucci goes, I'm not looking forward to yet another brand to which I know I'll become addicted, if it hold any promise.
thud.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

Sort of stumbled on this collection yesterday and was unexpectedly smitten with the highlighter. I absolutely do not need another highlight powder (until the Chanel holiday one, which I absolutely do need), but the formula and texture of this one seemed really nice... Please anti- enable me.
Highlighter huh? That's a real weakness of mine. Estée Lauder has a new one and I ordered it w/o seeing a single swatch. I'm not even sure about the color----it
appears peach, but I won't know until it arrives this week. Like you Katred, I swore off highlighters while awaiting the Chanel one that we're all salivating over. Ya see
how that worked out for me!

lol.gif

MissTania

I think I might wear Geraldine today for our week of bright pink lipstick.
As far as Gucci goes, I'm not looking forward to yet another brand to which I know I'll become addicted, if it hold any promise.
thud.gif

lol.gif
The packaging is gorgeous!!!
eyelove.gif

http://www.chicprofile.com/2014/05/gucci-fall-2014-makeup-collection.html

Gucci-Makeup-Line-Fall-2014.jpg

meleftie

Has anyone purchased/swatched the Jardin De Camelias Illuminating Powder? I'm this close to ordering .... I also am seriously loving the Guerlain Sun Celebrations - those on the fence, order you will LOVE it!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Has anyone purchased/swatched the Jardin De Camelias Illuminating Powder? I'm this close to ordering .... I also am seriously loving the Guerlain Sun Celebrations - those on the fence, order you will LOVE it!
I swatched it and loved it. The effect is apparently quite subtle, but I liked the look of it. Might be forced to go back for it. There's a good review with swatches here: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/02/chanel-sakura-87-blush-and-jardin-de.html?m=1

Icecaramellatte

That's good, we're so lucky to have snagged both of the My Lady blushes!

I saw Geraldine recently and was wowed by it - but I can do without for the moment (I'm lying). Gigi is very glamorous, and it reflects light beautifully - just a stunning pinky red.

I really want Gracy next!!http://www.specktra.net/t/185618/chanel-2014-jardin-de-cam-lias-makeup-collection/300

I have high hopes for Gucci, the packaging should be very chic. Verscace was gorgeous, quality, colours and packaging. I have some items still, I'll take some pics one day.

Another MAC mix up
icon_eek.gif

The name Versace is embossed on the handle. Nothing fancy. At least not now. I've had them for ages.

Medgal07

I also am seriously loving the Guerlain Sun Celebrations - those on the fence, order you will LOVE it!
wavey.gif
Meleftie! I passed on JDC because I had just purchased Armani Belladonna and JDC appeared a bit flat.
I suppose I should have swatched it in person and given it a chance. I did purchase and happen to love the
JC Sakura.

I'm loving Guerlain Sun Celebration and the Terracotta bronzer.