Chanel Aquarelles collection- new Nieman Marcus exclusive

powderprincess

Fauve was a really pretty sparkly taupe. It swatched on the light side, but I think it will apply better using a brush. I didn't get a chance to swatch the grey e/s, but I'm wishing I had.

Ahoyitslivvy

Hm...trying to decide of I still need the powder. I just bought the new burberry luminous base...

But...the design is SOOO pretty!

th_wallbash.gif

shootergirlnc

Yes, you still need it. Even though I still haven't received mine yet, this is what I'm going to keep telling you! No debating, just get it! (I'm a horrible enabler!
cutey.gif
)

Ahoyitslivvy

^
th_roll1.gif

I probably will get it..but I don't have a NM near me so i'll have to wait till it hits online :( The pattern is just too gorgeous to pass up.

Miss QQ

I picked up the powder and the grey es today! The powder swatches the way we've seen in the reviews - shimmery with only a hint of colour. I will try it on my eyes to see if it gives the luminous effect. In the Chanel show the models wore thick black liner with the powder but I dont wear thick liner. The grey swatches prettier than it looks in the pan. I thought I will pass because it looks boring but when swatched I thought I see a bit of green. Hope it works on my eyes. At the store, the screen was showing the videos of the fall collection and the aquarelles collection. However, the aquarelles collection is not displayed and the MA said they won't be displaying it. It's quite disappointing as it will be nice to see all the items on a displayer. And chanel is playing the game of selling the exclusive makeup to exclusive customers only. I don't like that they are keeping the makeup hidden, like what Lancome is doing here.

Miss QQ

Yeh the MA said half of the powders were reserved by regular customers before the launch. I'm hoping we will display the collection later on. Did NM have the displayer? Love to see what it looks like.

Winthrop44

No idea as I have no NM anywhere near me.
crybaby.gif

Yeh the MA said half of the powders were reserved by regular customers before the launch. I'm hoping we will display the collection later on. Did NM have the displayer? Love to see what it looks like.

Ahoyitslivvy

Ah! I'm getting so impatient
th_mad0217.gif

I need it to get online soon so I don't keep asking myself if I really need this or not
amuse.gif

Haven

I have resisted going to NM to check this collection out in person. I may just cave, however, when it shows up online.

LMD84

I picked up the powder and the grey es today! The powder swatches the way we've seen in the reviews - shimmery with only a hint of colour. I will try it on my eyes to see if it gives the luminous effect. In the Chanel show the models wore thick black liner with the powder but I dont wear thick liner. The grey swatches prettier than it looks in the pan. I thought I will pass because it looks boring but when swatched I thought I see a bit of green. Hope it works on my eyes. At the store, the screen was showing the videos of the fall collection and the aquarelles collection. However, the aquarelles collection is not displayed and the MA said they won't be displaying it. It's quite disappointing as it will be nice to see all the items on a displayer. And chanel is playing the game of selling the exclusive makeup to exclusive customers only. I don't like that they are keeping the makeup hidden, like what Lancome is doing here.
wow that isn't right at all :( who are they to say who is an exclusive customer? what if somebody saved hard to get one item but was turned away? that's not nice at all :(

bumblebees24

hmmm.....I think I may skip this
icon_eek.gif
triscuit palette. I would be in for it if it had a bit more color to it.

In the pics where they brushed it just under the eyes/high on the cheekbones, it looked like it had more pink color punch to it. Unless the also used Pink Cloud. I would love to see a swatch of Pink Cloud on the finger tip ;)

I was thinking that the NM lady told me that it would be about $65?

Thinking I will wait for the holiday collection because I want a lot from it.

Here ya go...

Neicy

I bouht the collection last week. I had the Pink Cloud a while, purchased from ebay, It is very very pale and looks great over a darker countour blush.
The Gris eyeshadow is very pretty and of course the Beige's powder . I have not touched that yet. Probally never will. LOL

Shypo

Thanks Winthrop! I just placed my order - going to give the shadow and triscuit a go since I can't see them in person. :shock: :nuts:

Winthrop44

I don't think I want enough to get free shipping so I'm taking my chances and waiting for a code or swatches that make me feel like I need Vanites, whichever comes first. lol

Haven

Thank you for the heads up that this collection is now online. My kids are driving me nuts today, so I just completed a little retail therapy! The triscuit and shadow are going to be mine in about a week. Now off to the park....