Chanel Bombay Express Collection June 2012

QueenOfSnark

Winthrop, both broke me out :/ The US formula broke me out far worse, as in a rash of pimples rather than one or two, but a pimple's a pimple. I guess my skin's more freakishly sensitive than I thought.

bis

Winthrop, both broke me out :/ The US formula broke me out far worse, as in a rash of pimples rather than one or two, but a pimple's a pimple. I guess my skin's more freakishly sensitive than I thought.
This is bad news. Do you have an idea what is breaking you out?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone!
th_hug.gif

So I totally forgot the Brume D'Or JC that's being released in this collection. Do I need it? I'm kinda close in skin tone to the Bombay Express model here, but not as red/a little more yellow in tone. Will BdO even show up on me? How does it compare to Fandango?

I might spring for Diwali too--I got Miami Peach through a swap recently and was impressed with Chanel's formula. I think Diwali will be one of those rare colors not so easily duped.

Ah, who am I kidding, I might cave and get the highlighting powder too, it's just too pretty to pass up. >_> Texture will really be a determining factor, as I have a ton of gold highlighters--I'm like Gold Member when it comes to highlighters. If it's buttery soft (and NOT $80) it'll be a day 1 purchase.
Congratulations on the new job! We must be employment buddies- I started a new one last week. All of a sudden I'm having to wean myself off the brighter, more dramatic colours I have. For a year, I'd been doing work from home and mostly with arts clients, so no one cared if I showed up to a meeting in acid green lipstick (although I don't actually have one). Now I'm in an office, and working for a company that makes natural/ organic products... Not that I think I'd get the stink-eye, but I sort of feel compelled to keep things neutral.

QueenOfSnark

This is bad news. Do you have an idea what is breaking you out?
For the US JCs it's definitely the mineral oil. For the Euro ones it might be the talc and/or silica. My current MMU foundation and blushes has none of those ingredients and never broke me out. Yay for finding out I don't have adult acne after all, boo for having to give up all my chanel facial products. :/

bis

For the US JCs it's definitely the mineral oil. For the Euro ones it might be the talc and/or silica. My current MMU foundation and blushes has none of those ingredients and never broke me out. Yay for finding out I don't have adult acne after all, boo for having to give up all my chanel facial products. :/
Man, that sucks :( but as you said, at least you have an idea what you can use and what not. Think positive, all the mony you are saving. :) The bronzers are a problem, too? Katred, congrats on the new job, looks like you take the neutral makeup as a challenge.

Anitacska

Miss QQ

The design of the powder looks beautiful, so maybe I'll cave. I have Gold Fever, which is less pigmented than Or JC (I passed).

cutemiauw

Ah... I still want Diwali n/p. Only if I can get it at a normal price though. There's no way I'm paying 69$ for that.

Ikram

oh, no

I really liked the beige-gold of the powder in the promo pics, but if it is this gold its a skip, especially with price tag I am sure it will have.

Diwali is also too gold to my liking. Will wait for Dior's fall gold polish.

elegant-one

I had to laugh - when I was at the crazy Chanel lady's Macys - they told me there was no Bombay Collection (& said it like I was stupid), that was last year
sigh.gif
lol.gif

Skipitydooda for me too