Chanel Collection Reflets d'Été de Chanel - Summer 2014

Medgal07

Hi Medgal...since you own EL polish, is it worth getting? TIA!
wavey.gif
ALD...EL is stark white & I love it. With a good NP base you can get opacity in one coat
but any good manicure will use two coats. I'm a collector and it was so worth the purchase.
It looks great w/a summer tan (or perpetual one) and bold gold jewelry.

Icecaramellatte

OMG! So jealous! How does everything look in person?????
I liked quite a bit. But I only did quick swatches. I used a sponge to try the Illusion d'ombres. Probably not the best idea but I just don't like rubbing my fingers all over everything. But a lady came up right behind me and did rub her fingers all over everything and then took photos. I wondered if she was a blogger. I did not even try the glosses. I figured they'd be sheer and I didn't want to be seduced by anything that looks cute. The blush looked really dark and matte. I think most people won't go for it. It looked like bronzer. I'll probably get because I used to wear the stila bronzer on my cheeks in winter months as blush and I really liked that look. The New Moon illusion was super glittery but I thought it might look nice layered over the bronze one. I really liked that purple mascara. It looked really fun. I shouldn't even consider it but I really like it. I wish they had more lip colors in the line. I've been loving the rouge allures I bought recently. Oh and they had this goldish bronzey liner too. These things don't always show up so well on my eyes even though they swatch alright so I'll probably skip that one.

So I'l probably get:
-purple mascara
-all 3 illusion d'ombres
-all the nail polishes
-blush

Maybe one of the Les Beiges powder. Do people still like it? I never did get one.

Edit - I'll probably call Bloomies tomorrow to see when they will get this collection. The Chanel counter called me recently to tell me about the triple points coming up next week and to see if I wanted anything. I didn't call right away because I already bought the new blushes but now I can get the summer collection if they have it.

Medgal07

I liked quite a bit. But I only did quick swatches. I used a sponge to try the Illusion d'ombres. Probably not the best idea but I just don't like rubbing my fingers all over everything. But a lady came up right behind me and did rub her fingers all over everything and then took photos. I wondered if she was a blogger. I did not even try the glosses. I figured they'd be sheer and I didn't want to be seduced by anything that looks cute. The blush looked really dark and matte. I think most people won't go for it. It looked like bronzer. I'll probably get because I used to wear the stila bronzer on my cheeks in winter months as blush and I really liked that look. The New Moon illusion was super glittery but I thought it might look nice layered over the bronze one. I really liked that purple mascara. It looked really fun. I shouldn't even consider it but I really like it. I wish they had more lip colors in the line. I've been loving the rouge allures I bought recently. Oh and they had this goldish bronzey liner too. These things don't always show up so well on my eyes even though they swatch alright so I'll probably skip that one.

So I'l probably get:
-purple mascara
-all 3 illusion d'ombres
-all the nail polishes
-blush

Maybe one of the Les Beiges powder. Do people still like it? I never did get one.

Edit - I'll probably call Bloomies tomorrow to see when they will get this collection. The Chanel counter called me recently to tell me about the triple points coming up next week and to see if I wanted anything. I didn't call right away because I already bought the new blushes but now I can get the summer collection if they have it.
yahoo.gif
Thanks so much for sharing your findings!! OK hyperventilating here---I know exactly what I want from this collection and I've been stalking Saks on a pretty
regular basis. Love Les Beiges. You should get one! I will totally get that blush!

Icecaramellatte

No wayyyyyyyy
th_happy1.gif

yahoo.gif
Thanks so much for sharing your findings!! OK hyperventilating here---I know exactly what I want from this collection and I've been stalking Saks on a pretty
regular basis. Love Les Beiges. You should get one! I will totally get that blush!
girlhaha.gif
Glad to help. Oh they had Les Beiges #60 I think on display. I guess that one was meant to be a bronzer. Don't know. I need to go read up on that collection again. I should have known that Saks would have the collection. They usually seem to get Chanel stuff earlier than anyone else. I probably would have bought something if I hadn't stopped at Tom Ford and Burberry counter first.

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
Glad to help. Oh they had Les Beiges #60 I think on display. I guess that one was meant to be a bronzer. Don't know. I need to go read up on that collection again. I should have known that Saks would have the collection. They usually seem to get Chanel stuff earlier than anyone else. I probably would have bought something if I hadn't stopped at Tom Ford and Burberry counter first.
I have LB 30 & 70---30 for all over, 70 as bronzer contour and/or all over for late summer.
You know I've noticed Saks seemed to be getting Chanel collections much sooner than the other dept stores---even before Chanel.com!

Check Nordies---they're having 10% off select beauty items & 6% cash back via Ebates, trumping even Sephora by 1%.

jebogewf

So I'l probably get:
-purple mascara
-all 3 illusion d'ombres
-all the nail polishes
-blush

Thank you SO much! You basically confirmed what I was thinking. I am planning on getting the polishes, Mirage IdO and possibly the purple mascara and gold eyeliner. Last night, I did see a few things up on Bloomingdale's website. I didn't order anything because it all says 'on order' and will ship in 27 business days! I'm holding out for Saks - they've already got the pictures changed, so I'm hoping they'll have it up any minute now.

MissTania

It looks a true bright orange. I'm looking forward for tuttifrutti which is the only polish not rewieved so far
http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/nails/letters-coco-reflections-chanel-summer-part-3-bronze-bffs-forever-mirage-illusion-dombre-long-lasting-eyeliner-ambre-dore-tutti-frutti-le-vernis-nail-colour/#more-160282

Karen to the rescue! Tutti Frutti is on my list.

jebogewf

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/nails/letters-coco-reflections-chanel-summer-part-3-bronze-bffs-forever-mirage-illusion-dombre-long-lasting-eyeliner-ambre-dore-tutti-frutti-le-vernis-nail-colour/#more-160282

Karen to the rescue! Tutti Frutti is on my list.
Was just coming to post this! I am in LOVE with Tutti Frutti - I knew I would be. And Mirage. And she's got me wanting Ambre Dore as well. Sigh, bye bye money.

ALivingDoll

Hi Medgal...since you own EL polish, is it worth getting? TIA!
:wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]ALD...EL is stark white & I love it.  With a good NP base you can get opacity in one coat[/COLOR] It sounds and from swatches ive seen beautiful. Its on my list. Thanks! [COLOR=0000FF]       but any good manicure will use two coats.  I'm a collector and it was so worth the purchase.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]       It looks great w/a summer tan (or perpetual one) and bold gold jewelry.[/COLOR]

Latest posts