Chanel Eyeshadows

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I give up, I will definitely pick it up now. Love smokey eyes and green, so it should have been easy. But I never know what to do with pink eyeshadows and Chanel so likes to add them to quads.... But the other three colours are simply great.
Sorry about reminding you of the Meteorites
graucho.gif
And I was looking for the exact same thing as you.

I got the pressed ones in 01 Mythic Parfait and also tried the balls. The MA told me that they recently changed the formula, so the loose ones are less glittery. And she also told me it depends on the colour. She also told me not to get the travel version, as it makes you look like a glitter ball.
There is definitely some shimmer, like w/ the MCP, but not glitter, at least on my skin.

Back to topic, did anyone of you get the Christmas quad? Would you say it is a very warm quad?

I did some better swatching a few minutes ago and applied all 4 shades to different parts of my lids and here's my mini review: The dark green and the medium gray green seemed to be the most pigmented without a base. Both were absolutely beautiful. The pink and light green I had to pack on a little more but I did 2 swipes of TFSI as a base on my arm and re-applied them there and they both came out fine. The pink does have a bit of sparkle to it but all in all, they seemed to apply fine. My favorite shades out of the 4 are the dark and medium green but I'm just a sucker for greens. :smile: Now I may have to add a second quad and get the new holiday one...
choochoo.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Is anyone familiar with the Stage Lights quad?

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow Stage Lights 51

I think it was available in the US at one time but is now Asia-exclusive (may be currently available in Europe too, I'm not sure). I'm wondring how it is pigment-wise, etc.

I got to swatch Stage Lights at the counter on Saturday. The pigmentation is good and doesn't feel gritty.
thmbup.gif
The top right colour is frosty and the other shades are shimmery. The darkest shade reminds me of Pink Pearl, but it is less vibrant. The arrangement of the quad in link you have here is different from what Chanel has on her website.
hmm.gif
I believe your link is correct as the other quads on the Chanel website has the arrangement wrong too.

LES 4 OMBRES - Eyeshadows - CHANEL Makeup

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I got to swatch Stage Lights at the counter on Saturday. The pigmentation is good and doesn't feel gritty.
thmbup.gif
The top right colour is frosty and the other shades are shimmery. The darkest shade reminds me of Pink Pearl, but it is less vibrant. The arrangement of the quad in link you have here is different from what Chanel has on her website.
hmm.gif
I believe your link is correct as the other quads on the Chanel website has the arrangement wrong too.

LES 4 OMBRES - Eyeshadows - CHANEL Makeup

Wow, what a beautiful quad!
th_e2cloud9.gif

mrslid

OK here are the pics of Murano. I think the colours or so gorgeous but I don't know if they really work with blue eyes? Does it look off to you guys or OK?
I'm wearing it with Narcisse blush and Organdi Rose RC lipstick. Thanks for the feedback!

ps after 12 hours my eyes looked the same!
thmbup.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
OK here are the pics of Murano. I think the colours or so gorgeous but I don't know if they really work with blue eyes? Does it look off to you guys or OK?
I'm wearing it with Narcisse blush and Organdi Rose RC lipstick. Thanks for the feedback!

thmbup.gif

That quad looks gorgeous on you
winkiss.gif
It makes your eyes look like a beautiful blue green color. And yay for makeup that stays!

Miss QQ

Quote:

thmbup.gif

Gorgeous, I agree that it brings out the green in your eyes. And OR looks beautiful!

Almus

Quote:

thmbup.gif

It looks ver beautiful mrslid. I have never paid enough attention to that quad and it has to be a great choice for making astonishing smokey-eyes for going out too.

mrslid I have to say this cause ... I LOVE the colour of your hair! I read you got Magic Night, so I cannot imagine how great a deep burgundy eye would pair with both you hair and eye colours
pretty.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
It looks ver beautiful mrslid. I have never paid enough attention to that quad and it has to be a great choice for making astonishing smokey-eyes for going out too.

mrslid I have to say this cause ... I LOVE the colour of your hair! I read you got Magic Night, so I cannot imagine how great a deep burgundy eye would pair with both you hair and eye colours
pretty.gif

Thanks!! I can ask my hairdresser what the colour is for you
winkiss.gif
. Mine is gray, gray, gray
thmbdn.gif

I think I'll try Magic Night this morning with Stupendous quad and Plum Attraction blush. I'm a little lost on what lipcolour to wear since I should keep it toned down but I don't have many light lippies. Maybe Organdi Rose?

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Gorgeous, I agree that it brings out the green in your eyes. And OR looks beautiful!

Thanks. No green in my eyes but I think the combo made my eyes look greener and Murano look bluer. It seems to look better in these pics then when I look at myself in the mirror so I'm not sure what the better colour representation is. Oh well...I don't care if it's the best colour choice. I love the quad and I'm going to use it anyways LOL
cutey.gif

euphrosyne_rose

I think the Murano looked awesome on you! I haven't used mine fully yet and if I could stop sucking at taking my own pic, I'd post one. I'll try to give it a shot again this weekend with it. That dark green is absolutely amazing!

mrslid

I think the Murano looked awesome on you! I haven't used mine fully yet and if I could stop sucking at taking my own pic, I'd post one. I'll try to give it a shot again this weekend with it. That dark green is absolutely amazing!
I can't wait to see it. I bet it will look INCREDIBLE with your colouring!

mrslid

Does anyone have any info/opinions on any of these old quads that I have an opportunity to get my hands on? Frissons, Petillants, Blue Notes and Garden Party. Wow Chanel really does have a thing for pinks and greens in their quads LOL

bis

mrslid, I like Murano a lot on you, goes very well with your eyes and hair, well, everything.

And I might have actually bought Murano today....

bis

Thanks!

That's quite the mysterious statement LOL

lol.gif
now that you mention it, true.My brain feels like a bowl of mushy cerial.
But I finally went ahead and got it, also for a very good price, less than a MAC quad. Thank god for duty free shopping.

euphrosyne_rose

I can't wait to see it. I bet it will look INCREDIBLE with your colouring!

Thanks! Usually when I take a pic of myself, I feel like I look all weird and the middle part of my face looks wide. I have a pretty decent camera but I always end up making a stupid face or I look like I'm smirking when I'm not trying to. CAMERA SPAZ!!

cetati

CHANEL QUATUOR BOUTONS DE CHANEL YEUX EYES:
Has anyone else picked these up?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3087450?origin=category

I picked the only shade available at Nordstrom's up and it's soooo pretty. God only knows I don't need any more nudes but the sheen is so pretty I had to pick it up.

mrslid

CHANEL QUATUOR BOUTONS DE CHANEL YEUX EYES:
Has anyone else picked these up?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3087450?origin=category

I picked the only shade available at Nordstrom's up and it's soooo pretty. God only knows I don't need any more nudes but the sheen is so pretty I had to pick it up.
I remember reading on some blogs that the pigmentation was poor on this quad but hopefully you'll love it. Let us know what you think!

karester

Anyone know why there's all those older quads up on Neiman Marcus' site? Some of those look nice but who knows if it's just a mistake.

cetati

Definitely not as good as the usual Chanel quads, but the colors are very pretty and it has a gorgeous finish. If one is patient enough to work with it and apply with a damp brush, it comes out quite lovely. It's very work-friendly.