Chanel Foundation - Teint Innocence, Vitalumière, Pro Lumière

Jenneh

Hi ladies~ I was wondering if you could give me some personal opinion and feedback on any one of these Chanel foundations (Teint Innocence, Vitalumière, Pro Lumière)? Which would you prefer and/or recommend? I've checked on MUA and they have pretty high ratings, but I can't decide which to get between the 3. >.<"

I've also heard that Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation is excellent and it gives a very nice radiant glow, but I don't believe any of the counters around here carry their line (at least not that I know of), so it would be difficult for me to get my hands on the GA LSF. =S

Anyways...

Criteria & Reference
Look:
Natural and glowy (not to the extent of looking like a disco ball!)
Skin type: Combination to Dry (occasional oily t-zone, pretty normal skin elsewhere, and generally dry in areas around the mouth/chin/nose)
Skintone: Light (I've been told before that I'm bending towards Fair) with a very neutral undertone; I would say that I'm a Beige shade; some Yellow undertones (I'm Viet-Chinese), but also with a bit of Pink (a lot of it comes from just redness though)
Coverage: Sheer/Light to Medium buildable coverage
Reference colors: MAC NC20-25 (winter-summer), Clinique Linen in Supermoisture, Clinique Petal in Superbalanced, Prescriptives Y/O Vellum, BE in Light, EM in Fairly Light-Neutral

Sidenote & Comments: EM and Clinique had the closest color match on me, but EM kept breaking me out and the Clinique Supermoisture was too shimmery/glowy for me, while the counter has been out of my shade in the Superbalanced (they're still awaiting shipment it was suppose to have arrived a week ago). Surprisingly so, Prescriptives pretty much had no matches to my skintone (and they're known for matching a lot of skintones!), most of the shades were either too yellow or too pink under the Y/O category.

Thanks~

Kiseki

If you have normal to dry skin, I'd go for Vitalumiere, Teint Innocence has very little coverage. As for Pro Lumiere I never tried it.

Vitalumiere definitely can give you a glowy feeling. However, if you can, try to get Armani's LSF, it's a lot better.

Hi, I recently bought pro lumiere, I have normal-dry skin with some oily spots too (yeah, a real pleasure to try finding the best foundation!!!
greengrin.gif
)

I think it will work well. The only thing I've noticed is it doesn't last quite as long as other foundations (e.g. MAC SFF) even with makeup primer. But if you don't mind occasional touch-ups, it's pretty good.

They seem to have a lot of lighter colours in this foundation, I recommend going to a counter if you have one near you. It's best to try the foundation on your face & wear it for a while (as chanel foundations are reported to oxidise frequently...) to see if it really is a good match -- don't let the SA pressure you into getting it straightaway! (That's what happened to me -- I'm just lucky it did match me
thmbup.gif
).

Ohhhh, what a long response! HTH.

purplkaret

hey, i'm a little late to the game.. but for dewy you def want to go for vitalumiere. it has a medium slightly buildable coverage.

pro lumiere has a fuller coverage but is meant to be set w/ powder for a flawless finish on the matte side. i've worn it w/o powder and it gives me a slightly dewy look and is plenty moisturizing for my dry skin. hth!