Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Poupette

I got a beautiful Chanel CP package from the US yesterday with lots of goodies.
One of them was, of course, the new Vitalumiere Aqua foundation :D

I'm super sick and haven't tried out anything thanks to that, but today I simply had to try the foundation.
I'm normally a NW15 in Studio Sculpt, so I decided to try the BR10 shade - and it's a perfect match. It literally dissappeared into my skin! :D
Very impressed. It's quite thin in texture, but it covers beautifully.
I have pores and a little redness on my cheeks and dabbed just a little on them with my fingers and blended and got a completely perfect result.
The pores literally dissappeared, leaving just a nice matte finish that looks just like my skin. Hallelujah! :D
I only use foundation on my cheeks as it is anyway, so this will last me a long time :) Absolutely gorgeous stuff. It still looks perfect several hours later, no oxidization going on or anything.

I'd urge everyone to at least try it out :D

vivaXglamlove

Thank you girls for the advice! I'll be going to a new Chanel counter when my mom picks me up from school! Since I'm worried about picking the right shade, it's the best choice! The girls really think they are the gift to the cosmetic world. The first time I went to that counter, I bought bronze universel and 2 glossimers, the girl looked at me an rolled her eyes, looked down at my college sweatshirt and laughed. She warned me that bronze universel is for more "mature" people. She was maybe about five years older than me.

LMD84

The girls really think they are the gift to the cosmetic world. The first time I went to that counter, I bought bronze universel and 2 glossimers, the girl looked at me an rolled her eyes, looked down at my college sweatshirt and laughed. She warned me that bronze universel is for more "mature" people. She was maybe about five years older than me.
woah!! serious attitude like that needs to be dealt with! i hope you complained about her because that was a shitty thing to do and say! and who cares if something is meant for more mature people? i buy things meant for older people, younger people... whatever the hell i want! they should be grateful in this day and age for any sales, especially multiple item sales! i know i am always very curtious to customers at the moment because people really think hard about where they are spending there money right now.

MzzRach

I scoped out the Mat Lumiere foundation a few days ago at a counter, but sadly there is no decent colour match for me. Will stick with the VLA, which I adore.

heart

thanks for the info guys. i'm pretty excited to try chanel foundation now since i've been using their translucent powder for some time and adore it.

bis

Did anyone try the Chanel Lift Lumiere Correcteur concealer makeup? They say it was made especially for the eyes and it looks very interesting. They only have it in two shades though. Any experiences, is it drying? And how are the colours? TIA! :)

Miss QQ

^^ I'm also interested in this concealer. I tried it at the counter a few times when it was just launched. I remember liking the texture but the pump bottle makes it hard to control if I just need a little bit of it.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170308/chanel-foundations-concealers/180#post_2115775"] ^^ I'm also interested in this concealer. I tried it at the counter a few times when it was just launched. I remember liking the texture but the pump bottle makes it hard to control if I just need a little bit of it.
[/quote] Oh, good to know. How did you find the colour match? Are the colours as dark as Chanels usually are? I might try to get a sample if I can.

Miss QQ

^^ I can't recall the colours. I'm swinging by the counter tomorrow so hopefully I can check it out. Hope you can get a sample to try it on!

Miss QQ

Birgit, I was at the counter today and silly enough to swatch the Lift foundation instead of the concealer lol. I didn't even suspect they are foundations when there are 6 shades!
rofl.gif
Then I asked the MA if I can have samples of the concealer and she said what I tried on was the foundation.
sweatdrop.gif
She have samples of it but not the concealer. The concealer comes in 2 shades, rose which is more pink, and beige more yellow. The beige is dark. I think I may be able to just pull it off, but you should try it on before buying. Hope your counter have samples of the concealer! Love the texture though, very light and dewy and when I applied it on the back of my hand over a large green vein, and it was covered up nicely.

bis

Thanks a lot MissQQ, that sounds promising. :) I wonder how the pink shade looks as a concealer. Sounds like you had fun though ;)

Miss QQ

lol.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Let us know if you try the concealer. I didn't swatch the pink one but I'll do it next time. My dark circles are purple so yellow will be good at hiding it I guess.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170308/chanel-foundations-concealers/180#post_2116242"] lol.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Let us know if you try the concealer. I didn't swatch the pink one but I'll do it next time. My dark circles are purple so yellow will be good at hiding it I guess.
[/quote] Will do :) I have the same hope, as my circles are blue-purple as well.

FourC's

I've heard lovely things about the lumier foundation and have been considering trying it. The nearest counter is over three hours away so I think it will be a sink or swim thing.

Larrabee

I've been using the lightest shade of Vitalumiere for awhile now and I LOVE it. It matches my skin perfectly and it creates such a lovely finish. It completely raised my expectations of what foundation should be.
love.gif

Janice

Quote:
I've been using the lightest shade of Vitalumiere for awhile now and I LOVE it. It matches my skin perfectly and it creates such a lovely finish. It completely raised my expectations of what foundation should be.
love.gif
I totally agree!

LMD84

I've heard lovely things about the lumier foundation and have been considering trying it. The nearest counter is over three hours away so I think it will be a sink or swim thing.
does Chanel have a customer service number that you could call? maybe they could post you some samples? mac did that for me when i wanted to try a foundation but i am nowhere near a mac store to test them out either.

Rei79

Hi gals, I m new here n from Singapore. Just to check if there is a chance of finding a good match for vitalumiere aqua if I use msf medium.. Thanks!

Miss QQ

Hello! I don't have msf medium but is it about NC30? I think you can try B20 and if it is too light, maybe B30. Just go to the counter to try it on to be sure! Good luck!