Chanel Foundations & Concealers

shadowaddict

Chanel's US website still lists most, if not all, Mat Lumiere shades as being available. And it's only Pro Lumiere that's been discontinued, not Mat Lumiere. (Pro Lumiere is no longer listed on the US website.)

Thank you. I just checked the Chanel site. I hope it isn't disontinued as there are a lot of us with oily and pale skin and have a tough time finding the right foundation. I wonder why some of the department store sites have limited colors right now. Nordies site seems to have a few more light colors.

Anyone know if porceliane runs very pink. It appears the next color is ivory, not sure if that would be too dark. the numbers that are beside the colors do not make much sense to me so any help would be appreciated.

jmarie

I got a sample of Perfection Lumiere at Saks. I can't wait to try it. She matched me for Beige 60 and I am around NC 30-35.

elegant-one

I was so excited that in the new issue of vogue there were 2 sample packets of this new foundation stuck to the page in the Chanel ad. 60 Beige & 32 Beige Rose ???? don't know how those shades translate.

I am going to my really big nice mall far far away today, so I will see if I can find out anything.

Hey Winthrop -
friends.gif
bouquet.gif

jmarie

Did you happen to check the ingredients? I'm wondering if it contains alcohol and/or propylene glycol.
There are a few reviews on MUA already and someone posted the ingredients. I checked Cosdna and there are a few pore cloggers on the list. I tried my sample this morning and love the finish unfortunately, the SA matched my too dark. I will have to go back and get another sample.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S)
TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [+/- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

Winthrop44

Hi elegant.
winkiss.gif
Looking forward to your report. Thank you so much jmarie! I am disappointed but not surprised that it contains alcohol...since there are so many cones way up on the list I might be able to get away with it though. I love that there are no chemical sunscreens! Guess I'll see if the lightest shade will work for me.

Edit: This is up on Saks online.

elegant-one

So, I tested the new foundation out today & got 4 sample packets 2 of the br10 & b10. At first glance, the shades looked just like the Aqua foundation shades. On my hand the br actually looked more yellow than the b which the chanel lady (one that I love & trust) & I both noticed the same thing. It is incredibly light weight & feels like nothing on, it made the skin on the back of my hand look incredibly smooth & flawless and to the touch extremely soft feeling - I really really liked it. We'll see if its the same on my face which I'll try out Monday. She also told me that Chanel added another darker shade for the concealer.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Anyone know if porceliane runs very pink. It appears the next color is ivory, not sure if that would be too dark. the numbers that are beside the colors do not make much sense to me so any help would be appreciated.
I asked for swatches of the lightest two in the Swatch Request thread. I hope someone will come through! :) If the site is anything to go by, yeah, Porcelaine is more pink; Ivory is still quite light but more neutral-to-yellow. And yeah; the numbering system makes no sense to me, either.

shadowaddict

Quote:
If the site is anything to go by, yeah, Porcelaine is more pink; Ivory is still quite light but more neutral-to-yellow. And yeah; the numbering system makes no sense to me, either.

Thank you, I'll have to keep checking that.

Anyone with oily skin tried the new foundation?

shadowaddict

Quote:
I was so excited that in the new issue of vogue there were 2 sample packets of this new foundation stuck to the page in the Chanel ad. 60 Beige & 32 Beige Rose ???? don't know how those shades translate.

I am going to my really big nice mall far far away today, so I will see if I can find out anything.

That sounds like fun. I can't go near our really nice mall for a while and that's where one of my MAC counters and f/s store is. The first Nordies in TN just opened on Friday and the traffic is hell anyway in that area. They were saying on the news how crazy it was. I usually don't use the vallet parking but I'm guessing even with that people are waiting quite a while for their cars.

I love that we now have a store here. The only downside is that when I order off the Nordies site now I will have to pay our almost 10% tax:( Oh well I'll love the shoe department and all.

elegant-one

That sounds like fun. I can't go near our really nice mall for a while and that's where one of my MAC counters and f/s store is. The first Nordies in TN just opened on Friday and the traffic is hell anyway in that area. They were saying on the news how crazy it was. I usually don't use the vallet parking but I'm guessing even with that people are waiting quite a while for their cars.
I love that we now have a store here. The only downside is that when I order off the Nordies site now I will have to pay our almost 10% tax:( Oh well I'll love the shoe department and all.

Yes, Nordies has one of the best shoe departments anywhere :) Actually, the Dillards that is in this nice mall is HUGE. I think they have every shoe there & you can get them at really good prices when they run a sale. We had a lot of fun. The area & the mall are really nice.

That's disappointing to hear about TN, both the traffic & the sales tax. We have friends there & in VA and we have thought about moving to one state or the other.

Its kind of hard to go by swatches for foundations because they may be so different on your own skin or in different lighting as in a picture.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowaddict

Anyone know if porceliane runs very pink. It appears the next color is ivory, not sure if that would be too dark. the numbers that are beside the colors do not make much sense to me so any help would be appreciated.

What MAC shade are you? If you are NC15 you could give Porcelaine a try. Ivory will be too dark, or at least it was on me.

elegant-one

BR12 Beige Rose bottom - B10 Beige top

I used (NW15) the BR 12 on the left side of my face & then B 10 on the right side. While I liked the Beige 10 which seemed to have more of a yellow base on the back of my hand, I think that I prefer the 12 Beige Rose on my face as it looked more natural. Its more of a medium long-lasting coverage compared to the Aqua foundation. Its very light-weight feeling & did not oxidize on my skin at all, but then I never have issues with that. Its matte with very very little to no luminosity or dewy look. The more yellow tone Beige 10, does cover more redness/blues and worked better for coverage under the eyes. I will keep playing with it as I'm not totally sure how I feel about it.

I'm still really really loving the Aqua and my favorite Le Metier Classic foundation.

Winthrop44

Thanks for the swatches. The B10 does look quite yellow. I'll probably give it a try, but really...I am very thankful for my Future Skin!
heart.gif

Miss QQ

Thanks for the swatches, elegant! Good to hear it gives medium long-lasting coverage. I need a foundation like that besides Aqua, on days when I need heavier coverage. I tried Lift Lumiere before and it gives medium coverage too, so I hope I can compare them before buying. But I don't know when Perfection Lumiere is launching here though, it could be next year, since we just got Vitaluimere Hydra. Have you tried Lift? How does Perfection compare with Lift?

lenchen

Some peoples' counters have told them that Perfection Lumiere combines the properties of both Pro Lumiere and Mat Lumiere and that's why both are eventually going to be discontinued. Time will tell I guess. It's not encouraging to see that the 2 darkest shades (Cedar and Walnut) of Mat Lumiere are now listed as discontinued on the US web site at the same time they're planning to offer a more expanded shade range in Perfection Lumiere:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/DÉJÀ-VU-89796

but maybe they're reworking the lightest and darkest shades? Faience is even being discontinued in Lift Lumiere.
I'm upset chanel discontinued 130 chestnut..oh well I guess I have to try perfection Lumiere..

elegant-one

Thanks for the swatches, elegant! Good to hear it gives medium long-lasting coverage. I need a foundation like that besides Aqua, on days when I need heavier coverage. I tried Lift Lumiere before and it gives medium coverage too, so I hope I can compare them before buying. But I don't know when Perfection Lumiere is launching here though, it could be next year, since we just got Vitaluimere Hydra. Have you tried Lift? How does Perfection compare with Lift?
You are so welcome my dear! That & its long wearing too. No, I haven't tried the Lift one. The Aqua gives a more dewy fresh look too than the new one probably because the new one is like a waterproof/resistant formula which tends to me more matte/drying.