CHANEL from back in the day

dorni

CHANEL was my frist love makeupwise. This did end some years ago, caused by the price increase and the decrease in quality (eyeshadow quads). But i still kept a few of my frist products just for nostalgia.

Star Product, twice a year, one limited product.

1999: Premier Or et Premier Rouge

2000: Lumière Platine (Face Powder, but i used it on the eyes)

Loose Powder, containing 50g of Product. MAC Lipstick to show scale.

And now some Eyeshadow, Blush, Cakeliner and a Lip Palette (might be from mid 90's, not sure).

Coromandel Quad contains 2g of Product and the pigmentation wasn't that bad (that's one swipe, more intense IRL).

Does anybody else keep 20 year old makeup just for nostalgia?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Wow, I love looking at this old products, this one is especially beautiful. I'd probably buy it if they would release something similar nowadays.

I do keep some makeup for nostalgia, I have a drawer with products from ca 15 years ago, of course I don't use them anymore.
amuse.gif
They are drugstore, because I certainly didn't buy Chanel as a teen ( I didn't even know high end makeup existed.
girlhaha.gif
Makeup shopping was so much cheaper back then.
sigh.gif
)

Thanks so much for sharing!

aradhana

CHANEL was my frist love makeupwise. This did end some years ago, caused by the price increase and the decrease in quality (eyeshadow quads). But i still kept a few of my frist products just for nostalgia.

Star Product, twice a year, one limited product.

1999: Premier Or et Premier Rouge

Loose Powder, containing 50g of Product. MAC Lipstick to show scale.

And now some Eyeshadow, Blush, Cakeliner and a Lip Palette (might be from mid 90's, not sure).

Coromandel Quad contains 2g of Product and the pigmentation wasn't that bad (that's one swipe, more intense IRL).

the lip palette and the noir et marine palette look familiar!

i have a couple of chanel star products as well, from the late 90's. one is an eye lacquer kit (black and red) and the other is a eyelash powder....you're supposed to use it in conjunction with mascara to add body to the lashes...

dorni

I remember that the lip palette. Wasn't it all one color but different textures?
Yes, the colour is their famous Rouge noir in 4 different textures: Brilliant - Gloss
Irisé - metallic finish
Satiné - like MAC satin lipstick
Mat - matte texture and the deepest colour

cheburaha

Thanks for posting this! Brings back sweet memories-)) I do have some makeup palettes from 15 years back - a couple of limited edition Joues Contraste, a wonderful Les Essential Palette. I used to have more but ended up not touching them at all and selling on e(vil)bay. Regretting that now - should have kept for myself and for this forum-)

Shypo

Wow! Great collection! I have some oldies but goodies too - I may have to try to photo some of them. I have a bunch of 'vintage' JC's. I also have the cake mascara from many years ago. Thanks for posting!!

Rads

Ooooooooh..thanks for sharing the photos - everything is so pretty!! I don't have any "old" Chanel..the oldest I have is the Bird of Paradise quad :p :p

I was browsing around the net looking for some nail polish swatches and found this blog with sooo many Chanel polishes swatched - I hadn't even heard of quite a few..but you all might be quite familiar with these:

http://the-lacquerista.blogspot.com/2011/07/chanel-stash-and-swatches.html

Shypo

I have several of the old trios, many of the old quads, and a few of the old JCs.....I think my fave 'oldie but goodie' is Winter Nights........

liba

I went bananas over the eyeshadow duo that was black and red with a black tinted gloss you would put over the shadow for a wet look. I remember randomly seeing it in the display and losing my s@!t. I saved it for a long time too. I can't remember if this was the late 80's or early 90's, but it was definitely at a time where black shadow was a pretty rare bird.

BuickMackane

Anyone remember these?

My first ever highlighters! 2001? 2002? I was chuffed to bits when I got them. Mum got the peach one for herself but it somehow made its way into my makeup box as soon as we got home
angelic.gif
. I was so in love with them it took me the best part of a year to actually use them
lol.gif

Latest posts