Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ok, I need that blush in my life. JC Star Dust, come to mama.
iagree.gif
Although I'm also lusting after Rose Ecrin. I was hoping they'd look similar, but as it happens, they seem to be quite different for blushes that both fall in the "light, natural pink" group.

Dominique33

" Rose Ecrin " is a nude rose. I think Star Dust is soft but maybe not really nude. I'll purchase Star Dust, it looks so pretty. Christine from Temptalia describes it as a highlighting soft blush. Rose Ecrin is a mute rose, suitable for any and every occasion.

CartoonChic

I called my counter and they said they expect to have the collection around mid-October. I'm not waiting that long. I'm going to order Malice and L'Impatiente as soon as they're available online.

Dominique33

Thanks for posting, mid october it's time to save up money
mac_wishlist.gif
! I am interested in purchasing the blush, the loose powder ( I have the Féérie loose powder from 2011 I hope this one is different ), the quad, the RA and the nail polish. If you add Nars Andy Warhol, M.A.C Holiday and Marilyn, Dior Grand Bal and YSL " Aurore boréale " eyepalette and Two Faced it's a huge wishlist but I am used to that. The Chanel Holiday collection is very classy and a new blush is welcome, even if Rose Initiale is really beautiful too. Star Dust looks very pretty and subtle.

shontay07108

More of the quad: http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-harmonie-du-soir-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches#more-36048

elegant-one

I really really love how this collection looks. Very Classic.

After reading some of the questions on Temptalia, I'm glad I don't have a MU blog.
huh2.gif
001_unsure.gif
I don't think that I would have the patience.
girlhaha.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I really really love how this collection looks. Very Classic.

After reading some of the questions on Temptalia, I'm glad I don't have a MU blog.
huh2.gif
001_unsure.gif
I don't think that I would have the patience.
girlhaha.gif
LOL. I feel sorry for her when I read some of those comments. Perhaps because it's a more widely read blog or perhaps because it's been around long enough that her readers have a sense of ownership, but I find that she gets a lot more irritating comments (at least, they'd irritate me) than other blogs. Some people really get it, but it seems like every time she posts a review of Chanel, Guerlain or any other prestige brand, there are at least half a dozen comments (not from the same people) like "paying that much for makeup is insane".

Agreed that the collection looks absolutely elegant. I was hoping that I wouldn't be interested in the quad, but now I am. And I'm kicking myself that it's just different enough from the Guerlain one that I want both...

Sugar & Spice

The quad is very pretty. The only shade that make me want it is the plum, so I'm going to get the Urban Decay Last Call close dupe instead. The other shades in the quad are too close to colors I already have.

elegant-one

Thanks very much for the descriptions. In terms of a decision, I'm definitely leaning towards both. I know that I'd use each of them frequently enough to warrant it. BTW, I love your avatar. A beauty icon who is too often overlooked.

LOL. I feel sorry for her when I read some of those comments. Perhaps because it's a more widely read blog or perhaps because it's been around long enough that her readers have a sense of ownership, but I find that she gets a lot more irritating comments (at least, they'd irritate me) than other blogs. Some people really get it, but it seems like every time she posts a review of Chanel, Guerlain or any other prestige brand, there are at least half a dozen comments (not from the same people) like "paying that much for makeup is insane".

Agreed that the collection looks absolutely elegant. I was hoping that I wouldn't be interested in the quad, but now I am. And I'm kicking myself that it's just different enough from the Guerlain one that I want both...
lol.gif
I laughed & got frustrated reading there. Agghh. "how do I wear the es"........
thud.gif
put it on your darn eyelid
girlhaha.gif
sorry.... And yes, Chanel & Guerlain are pricey, duh

Anyhow, with the way they are describing even the texture of the quad I think I have to have it - right!? The colors look very very elegant & lovely. Did you get any Marilyn?

Oh, & are you getting the Holiday lipstick? Its your color!

shontay07108

I really really love how this collection looks. Very Classic. After reading some of the questions on Temptalia, I'm glad I don't have a MU blog. :huh: :unsure: I don't think that I would have the patience. :haha:
My friend, you have no idea how quickly I would jump out of my character if I had to deal with what Christine deals with. I've been saying it for a year or so that I just can't handle it. People are crazy. If she bought it, they can't believe she paid that much and if she got it for free, they want to know what else she's doing with her life. Just what the hell? The comments section of a blog really can be the most useless part of a blog. :rant: Anyway, the quad is gorgeous. I was hoping the pink shade would lean much more pink, but still nice. Not quite sure if I'm still dying for it, though. I need to swatch it on my skin. I still have my heart set on that loose powder. You know, it'll serve as my special fairy dust. :haha:

elegant-one

Anyway, the quad is gorgeous. I was hoping the pink shade would lean much more pink, but still nice. Not quite sure if I'm still dying for it, though. I need to swatch it on my skin. I still have my heart set on that loose powder. You know, it'll serve as my special fairy dust.
girlhaha.gif
rofl.gif

You & me both dear.
cry.gif
greengrin.gif
I agree with you on the commenting....that would drive me
th_crazy.gif
You & I would have such a great time together. We seem so similar in so many ways.

I want to see the quad in person too but it is calling me.

Icecaramellatte

I see Star Dust on Chanel.com under Blush but it's listed as out of stock. I don't see anything else from this collection. Maybe the collection will be released online soon.

Shadowy Lady

I would get the quad but we get a different formula here in Canada so I don't think it'd be as awesome as the one released in the US. After seeing swatches I want the blush, the deep red l/s and Malice n/p.

DH has promised to get these items for me. I think he feels bad that I'm stuck at home with baby all day. Baby's starting to sleep better at night but I'm still so sleep deprived. Right now I wake up twice to feed her in the middle of the night and every time I go back to sleep, I dream about either this collection or Nars' holiday, lol!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I would get the quad but we get a different formula here in Canada so I don't think it'd be as awesome as the one released in the US. After seeing swatches I want the blush, the deep red l/s and Malice n/p.

DH has promised to get these items for me. I think he feels bad that I'm stuck at home with baby all day. Baby's starting to sleep better at night but I'm still so sleep deprived. Right now I wake up twice to feed her in the middle of the night and every time I go back to sleep, I dream about either this collection or Nars' holiday, lol!
This is the one thing that might make a difference for me. However, I have to say that I was astonished by the quality of the Fall quad. Way higher than we normally get here. It wasn't the US style, but it was as pigmented as any of the US swatches I've seen.

Glad to know that your little one is letting you get some rest, even if you still feel worn out. At least you're having sweet dreams!

elegant-one

At least one, quite possibly with a backup. Haven't hauled from Marilyn yet, but am considering doing a big lipstick sweep on Thursday. I'd thought about going to my pro store this weekend, but we had to have our eldest cat put down on Friday and I've honestly been a wreck since then. I have to go back to work tomorrow and am desperately googling tips for disguising extremely puffy eyes...
Aww thats sad. Be comforted
th_cheerup.gif

Latest posts