Chanel Le Blanc at a Nordstrom near you? Anniversary Sale exclusive

elegant-one

I don't know for sure as I haven't seen it in person - but I will be looking at it in person tomorrow! I will let you know. It looks like a very soft pretty peach from the pics that I've seen.

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
^ I personally don't find the quad that unique, color or texture-wise. If you're "picking wisely" (as I am), I think that's a skip. Joyuese and RT are another story though.
heart.gif
Well, Joyeuse is too pale for me, but it sounds like it's lovely on the paler ladies. :3
Joyuese looks beautiful but I know I can't wear it. I do want to check out the quad though but the colors may not read well on me. Hope to check it out in person soon. Thanks for the head up though.

MaryJane

I've had my eye on the quad in this collection but I'm having second thoughts. In some swatches I've seen, it looks similar to Tentation Cuivree (sp). What do you gals think?

The peach lipstick is on my list and possibly the blush (depending on how bright it is). Is the pink lipstick a 'Barbie doll' pink or is it wearable?

Winthrop44

Joyuese looks beautiful but I know I can't wear it. I do want to check out the quad though but the colors may not read well on me. Hope to check it out in person soon. Thanks for the head up though.

Don't assume that you can't wear Joyeuse. Miss QQ and I can't pull off all cool pinks and this one works on us. It's really beautiful.

Icecaramellatte

I've had my eye on the quad in this collection but I'm having second thoughts. In some swatches I've seen, it looks similar to Tentation Cuivree (sp). What do you gals think?

The peach lipstick is on my list and possibly the blush (depending on how bright it is). Is the pink lipstick a 'Barbie doll' pink or is it wearable?
I was thinking the same thing. It's almost like it is the spring version of fall's Tentation Cuivree quad. I have and like Cuivree but I would have liked a brighter pink. I'm eyeing the brighter pink and the white gold shade. Have you seen these comparison pics on the Beauty Look Book? http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/03/chanel-le-blanc-continued-rose-envolee.html

elegant-one

Its softer than a barbie pink - not bright. Its just a beautiful straight up medium pink pink. I did pics & swatches of it on here somewhere.

Haven

Yes please let us know! I may add it to my preorder. I don't have a Norstroms card, so I will have to wait until the 15th to get anything from this collection
cry.gif

Also do you think that it is worth it to purchase 2 Joyeuse? I keep reading about people buying backups, and I am sure that it will sell out.
I don't know for sure as I haven't seen it in person - but I will be looking at it in person tomorrow! I will let you know. It looks like a very soft pretty peach from the pics that I've seen.

elegant-one

Well I got to swatch everything today. The peach lipstick is really really pretty in person. Its a warm pinky peachy peach. I didn't think it was too light at all, actually I thought it was perfect & it was creamy. Definitely getting it & the blush! The blush looks wow in the pan but is a very cool toned almost slight violet, slight fuchsia pink but very soft looking on. Its a must for me.

I'm passing on everything else. Well, I already have 2 Joyeuse I love it that much!

Alisha1

Well I got to swatch everything today. The peach lipstick is really really pretty in person. Its a warm pinky peachy peach. I didn't think it was too light at all, actually I thought it was perfect & it was creamy. Definitely getting it & the blush! The blush looks wow in the pan but is a very cool toned almost slight violet, slight fuchsia pink but very soft looking on. Its a must for me.

I'm passing on everything else. Well, I already have 2 Joyeuse I love it that much!

Thanks Elegant! What where your thoughts on the quad as I was thinking of asking someone for a CP :)

elegant-one

Thanks Elegant! What where your thoughts on the quad as I was thinking of asking someone for a CP :)
I thought the colors were pretty but very soft. I liked the pink color in it & the darker shade was a pretty medium smokey plum color, the lighter ones I have a bunch of :) Not typical colors that I normally wear.

QueenOfSnark

I keep hearing conflicting descriptions of Rose Tourbillon...same say it's cool, some warm, some neutral. This may seem like a silly question but how would the "temperature" of a blush affect its look on a person? My only experience with pink blushes is with NARS Angelika, which was so not good on me. >_> Gah, all I want is a cute rosy-pink blush that doesn't make me look like a tan Pamela Anderson.

elegant-one

I keep hearing conflicting descriptions of Rose Tourbillon...same say it's cool, some warm, some neutral. This may seem like a silly question but how would the "temperature" of a blush affect its look on a person? My only experience with pink blushes is with NARS Angelika, which was so not good on me. >_> Gah, all I want is a cute rosy-pink blush that doesn't make me look like a tan Pamela Anderson.
lol.gif

No its not warm or neutral at all - thats just wacky. Are you sure we are talking about the same blush? I have Angelika - which is kinda brighty pink. RT is blue base slight rose slight violet slight fuchsia pink but very soft. Its hard for me to say if you personally would like it on yourself, but it looked like it would work on most skin tones.

QueenOfSnark

^Oh, I didn't mean conflicting descriptions here per se, just across the internet itself. I have ants in my pants about it so even though I have an appointment with my fave Chanel SA on Thursday (she has a RT set aside for me), I'll go in first thing Tuesday morning to take a look at it.

elegant-one

^Oh, I didn't mean conflicting descriptions here per se, just across the internet itself. I have ants in my pants about it so even though I have an appointment with my fave Chanel SA on Thursday (she has a RT set aside for me), I'll go in first thing Tuesday morning to take a look at it.
Well now I'll have to know how it looks on your skin tone! I can't imagine anyone describing it as warm
icon_eek.gif
Like Winthrop said, its about as cool as you can get. I also loved how soft it was ;)

QueenOfSnark

Thanks for the links ladies. :) I'm trying to break out a bit of my color comfort zone (hello, 50 bajillion coral blushes!) so I'm thinking the hell with it and grab Rose Tourbillon anyway. I'll make it work, and I could always add a bit of Or to it to warm it up if need be. :3