Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

mrslid

I totally agree with all the above girls. At least we know we're not alone! I feel kind of naked just wearing gloss.

mjacqueline

I agree with you ladies too, somehow wearing lipstick makes me feel more pulled together. Lipgloss only doesn't do it for me. My favourites are Exotic RA with Genie RAEDG over it.
heart.gif

User38

^ Actually the trend is moving away from glosses and into lipsticks.. what is new and different is that the technology for the lipsticks themselves is changing fast -- more pigmente, or more staying power, colour ranges and lots of selection in finishes.... Phillips/Chanel are on the forefront of this movement from the very beginning starting with the Coco's.

Bonitinha

Here is a pic of Rose Comete RC l/s. I had heard so many reviews that it was too frosty, but I had seen a pic of Victoria Beckham wearing it on the cover of Allure -- and she looked hot in it :) So, I took the plunge and ordered it and I really liked the color -- a lilac-y pink. Next to it is Rose Dust JC blush, which is lovely also.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb435/treschicmama1/Chanel/DSCN1544.jpg

Hergreyness -- Yay, I love that companies are focusing way more on lipsticks. I mean, I am obsessed with my glossimers, too. But I gotta have me my lipsticks to bust out! I wish I had your job -- getting to test so many cosmetics would be a dream.

mrslid

WOW! Pleasing Glossimer from Holiday 2010 on top of Rouge Orage Rouge Coco is an unexpected beauty. Loves!
I started of the day wearing Insouciante Rouge Allure with Pleasing over it and it's lovely as well. I just wish added gloss over my beloved lipsticks didn't kill their wear time so much :-(

Monsy

lipstick with this blush - BEAUTIFUL! now i want them lol
Here is a pic of Rose Comete RC l/s. I had heard so many reviews that it was too frosty, but I had seen a pic of Victoria Beckham wearing it on the cover of Allure -- and she looked hot in it :) So, I took the plunge and ordered it and I really liked the color -- a lilac-y pink. Next to it is Rose Dust JC blush, which is lovely also.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb435/treschicmama1/Chanel/DSCN1544.jpg

Hergreyness -- Yay, I love that companies are focusing way more on lipsticks. I mean, I am obsessed with my glossimers, too. But I gotta have me my lipsticks to bust out! I wish I had your job -- getting to test so many cosmetics would be a dream.

MaryJane

I was looking for a berry shade of lipstick so I stopped at the Chanel counter today and, after swatching just about everthing there, I narrowed it down to Romantic and Emotive. I tried them both on and really liked them both but decided on Romantic since it was more muted. As luck would have it, they were out of Romantic so I decided to take a chance and get Emotive. I'm so glad to read that it is a raspberry pink (in the lighting in the store it looked a little red) and people seem to like it. I've got a million nude, peach, natural lipssticks and I am trying to wear more color. I started with Mademoiselle RC and love it so I decided to try something a little brighter....I think Emotive is it.

Any recommendations on a lip liner to wear with this? It doesn't have to be Chanel, I've got alot of Mac liners. I'm not looking to change the color, just define my lips.

Shadowy Lady

Hubby just surprised me with Coromandel RA Laque
heart.gif
He said it was my after surgery present. i looooove this shade so much, if possible slightely more than Dragon. I need to do an FOTD with it soon.

User38

^ how sweet ! Coromandel is one of my favs too... have it bu'd maybe twice.. lol.

It should look gorgeous on you Shadowy.

sujusarangx3

I bought the Rouge Allure in Mythic yesterday, which is a nude color and I must say I love it! I've never spent $34 on a lippie so it's my first high end lipstick and I'm afraid I'm going to get addicted!

Bonitinha

I bought the Rouge Allure in Mythic yesterday, which is a nude color and I must say I love it! I've never spent $34 on a lippie so it's my first high end lipstick and I'm afraid I'm going to get addicted!
Mythic is my fave nude lipstick. I love the RA finish. Yes, you will get addicted :)

Miss QQ

I love Mythic too! It's a nude that doesn't make me look like death. Goes beautifully with ultra smokey eyes.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm so glad to know that there are other lipstick ladies here... I always feel kind of weird, because the places I've worked and even among my friends, I'm consistently the only woman wearing lipstick. It's weird. I don't mind wearing a gloss alone if it's fairly pigmented and I'm going for a more natural look, but I always feel more comfortable with a lipstick on. I also find that the colour range offered in lipsticks is far better than in gloss. Gloss colours that are close look identical on lips, whereas lipstick colours can look subtly different. I feel like I've suddenly found home...

pompom.gif

I'd also like to add that I picked up Chanel's Rouge Coco in Ballet Russe and
heat.gif
WOW. I wore it on the weekend for an evening out and I was just thrilled. I'm a dark lip fanatic and this just struck a perfect balance between ultra-dark and enticing to me.

Miss QQ

Check out Dianna Agron at the Golden Globes wearing Ballet Russe. It looks very wearable here.

http://www.temptalia.com/dianna-agron-2011-golden-globe-awards-hair-makeup