Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Eleentje

This is terrible!
I will have to have a tree in my garden taken down too, because the company I'm renting the house from warned me that there is a risk it will fall down and cause a lot of damage to neighbours' houses.
Thanks Elegant. It could have been worse but a giant white oak from our neighbor's backyard fell on us and we have damage to the roof, deck, heat pump and generator, plus we had to take down a favorite tree of our own in the front that ended up leaning towards our neighbor's house. 2 houses in our neighborhood are uninhabitable and 3 cars were smashed like pancakes, all due to falling trees. I have not been online much because we have alot of repairs & cleaning up to get done. Definitely looking forward to chatting about the velvets. An angel on here sent me the sample card and I really love La Raffinee. Hope all is well with you. The few times I have had the chance to check in here I've missed seeing posts from you and Cheryl.

elegant-one

Thanks Michelle and Miss QQ. The texture of the Velvets is WONDERFUL and so is the staying power. I think we will all really love them and wish for more shades. I think elegant will flip over L'Exuberante when she sees it irl - it is so pretty!
winkiss.gif
Awesome! I need to see if I can hunt down one of the sample cards. How does L'Exuberante
girlhaha.gif
look on your lips? Are these great coverage for our pigmented lips?

Winthrop44

Awesome! I need to see if I can hunt down one of the sample cards. How does L'Exuberante
girlhaha.gif
look on your lips? Are these great coverage for our pigmented lips?

Thanks. Several people in VA were killed when trees fell into their houses this time, including an 11 year old boy, and 43 homes were completely destroyed by trees in our small county alone. Just awful. So as I said it could have been alot worse for us personally, but that said this is the third of 3 hurricanes since we've been here that trees have fallen on our house. And we were 1 of only 3 houses in our neighborhood blessed by a tornado that came through a few years ago too. So it is very tiresome and discouraging at this point. On a brighter note...yes, the Velvets have great coverage for pigmented lips. L'Exuberante is of course too cool for me but beautiful nonetheless. La Ravissante, the coral (or I think Chanel calls it apricot) one is far better suited to my skintone, but I don't think I'd get it until maybe next Spring at which point I'll probably be distracted by something else, lol. La Fascinate, the red, is also beautiful. I think you will love both the red and the fuschia.

elegant-one

Thanks. Several people in VA were killed when trees fell into their houses this time, including an 11 year old boy, and 43 homes were completely destroyed by trees in our small county alone. Just awful. So as I said it could have been alot worse for us personally, but that said this is the third of 3 hurricanes since we've been here that trees have fallen on our house. And we were 1 of only 3 houses in our neighborhood blessed by a tornado that came through a few years ago too. So it is very tiresome and discouraging at this point. On a brighter note...yes, the Velvets have great coverage for pigmented lips. L'Exuberante is of course too cool for me but beautiful nonetheless. La Ravissante, the coral (or I think Chanel calls it apricot) one is far better suited to my skintone, but I don't think I'd get it until maybe next Spring at which point I'll probably be distracted by something else, lol. La Fascinate, the red, is also beautiful. I think you will love both the red and the fuschia.

That is just awful! It has to be really bad for insurance rates too. Our friend that lives in VA had their car smashed and several trees down but nothing severe. It terrifies me.

You have me very excited for the velvets now. The red & fuchsia it will be ;) I cannot wait to see the holiday items, hoping that I won't be disappointed.

Bonitinha

Elegant -- I just love pouring over those types of magazines for ideas. I wish I could just go nuts and do whatever I wanted!! I'm sure your home looks amazing.
Hope you get the flowers next time around
amuse.gif

Gail -- did you get to try the shade that was described as "rosewood" pink? I can't wait to see pics of the red Velvet shade.

Winthrop44

Yes, La Raffinee...I love it, that's the one I will be getting. Bis's picture and description/comparison to Mehr is spot on.

Bonitinha

^^ Oh good -- that is the one I've been interested in. Did Bis post it in the swatch thread? I might have missed that one . .

Update: I just found the post by Bis with the swatch -- thanks!!

stv578

Gail, I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I was thinking about you when the hurricane went through VA, as we were visiting at the time, but we were located on a mountain resort near Harrisonburg and didn't get a whole lot more than some heavy winds and rain. I hope that you can sort everything out quickly and without any issues. It must've been so scary.

I miss everyone, I've been posting in the fall thread, but of course most of you have moved on, lol! We should be getting the velvets here I think this week. I'll have a look at them, but wasn't too interested in most of the colours. I did end up picking up the RC shine I have been eyeing for the longest time, after the SA gave me the incorrect one a few weeks back. I suppose I could have gone back to the counter and mentioned it to them, even though I had already used the wrong one. Oh well, I now have 41 and 48, but 41 (light shimmery beige) was the one I had intended on getting.

Elegant, I love the Restoration Hardward catalogues! I'm sure whatever you pick out will look gorgeous. And I don't suppose you'll be modelling those camellias if hubby picks them up for you?! (j/k of course!).

MissQQ, if you have a moment, please post a pic of the Burberry l/s. I am on the hunt for a mauve/rose type shade that isn't dark but saturated for the fall. Perhaps the pink velvet RA may work.

Michelle, what projects do you have in mind for the house?

Winthrop44

Thanks Nora...yep, actually I was scared to death. I'm glad you & your family were not close to the brunt of it. I think you might like La Raffinee. The other one that might be interesting is La Caline? Not sure what they mean by "lavender rosewood". It could be mauvey? Let us know what you think of them as we reportedly won't be getting these in the US till the end of October.

http://karlasugar.net/2011/08/sneak...e-velvet/chanel-rouge-allure-velvet-swatches/

Bonitinha

Gail -- thanks for the pic! I am also eying that Bobbi Brown lippie swatch in that pic, also! Very pretty. I wish we didn't have to wait until the end of Oct for the Velvets.
Since I am getting so antsy for the Velvets and the Holiday stuff -- I stopped by the Dior counter to see the gorgeous new e/s trios coming out, and they didn't have them. The girl working there was on her phone and didn't even look up. Maybe I'll just order it online.

Nora -- I've been wanting to get some new artwork for our living room walls (so sick of what I have on the walls) and new throw pillows for our couches. I also want to get some new bedding for our Master and have my hubs install crown moulding and high baseboards (which I have been asking for like 5 years LOL) and a small chandelier instead of the light cover we have in there.
I want to add a few finishing touches here and there throughout the house -- but just keep reminding myself to take it one room at a time!
Are you done for a while or are you moving on to other decorating?

elegant-one

Gail, I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I was thinking about you when the hurricane went through VA, as we were visiting at the time, but we were located on a mountain resort near Harrisonburg and didn't get a whole lot more than some heavy winds and rain. I hope that you can sort everything out quickly and without any issues. It must've been so scary.

I miss everyone, I've been posting in the fall thread, but of course most of you have moved on, lol! We should be getting the velvets here I think this week. I'll have a look at them, but wasn't too interested in most of the colours. I did end up picking up the RC shine I have been eyeing for the longest time, after the SA gave me the incorrect one a few weeks back. I suppose I could have gone back to the counter and mentioned it to them, even though I had already used the wrong one. Oh well, I now have 41 and 48, but 41 (light shimmery beige) was the one I had intended on getting.

Elegant, I love the Restoration Hardward catalogues! I'm sure whatever you pick out will look gorgeous. And I don't suppose you'll be modelling those camellias if hubby picks them up for you?! (j/k of course!).

stv578

Lol Elegant! Can't wait for the pics! ;)

Gail, I think it'll definitely be between La Raffinee or La Caline (the description has me intrigued!), but I will be definitely trying it on first to see if it works with our type of skintone! If not, there was a regular RA that caught my eye yesterday when I went back to get Graphite (I swore I wasn't, but then decided while away to see if anyone here still had it. Turns out I got the last one at a small counter near my house, and the my "regular" counter was already sold out!). I will report back to all of you if I happen to see the RA's this week!

Michelle, sounds like quite a few things on your list, lol! Keep us posted on how things are going! Art is the hardest thing to decide on imo, which is why we still only have one picture up in the entire house, the only one from our last home that made the cut! I love the way chandeliers look in bedrooms.

Michelle, Elegant, I am still in the process of adding in the house! There are so many things I want to do, but that we cannot even think of doing just yet! We still need quite a bit of furniture, which will have to wait. We also desperately need more pictures on the walls. I also need window coverings in half the house. We're going to get a guy in to quote us for shutters for a couple of rooms this week. And on top of all that, much to my hubby's dismay, I am insisting on changing the top of our dining room table to a lighter wood. The entire set is a really dark espresso brown, which is beautiful, but I really regret that we didn't consider doing the two tone thing and doing the table top a lighter stain. He wasn't happy at first, but I told him I'll be putting aside a bit each month to get it. We're going to try contacting the company directly (they're located in Quebec) to see if we can buy direct from them.

Elegant, I too love to flip through magazines and catalogues, I can go through the same catalogue countless times! I especially love Restoration Hardware and PB catalogues for decorating ideas, because I love that salvaged wood look and cottage based design that those two do so well. Hubby doesn't quite get it, so our house has been a compromise between our tastes, (except for the dining room chandelier, which I have come to really dislike and regret letting DH talk me into it!).

Miss QQ

Gail -- thanks for the pic! I am also eying that Bobbi Brown lippie swatch in that pic, also! Very pretty. I wish we didn't have to wait until the end of Oct for the Velvets.
Since I am getting so antsy for the Velvets and the Holiday stuff -- I stopped by the Dior counter to see the gorgeous new e/s trios coming out, and they didn't have them. The girl working there was on her phone and didn't even look up. Maybe I'll just order it online.

Nora -- I've been wanting to get some new artwork for our living room walls (so sick of what I have on the walls) and new throw pillows for our couches. I also want to get some new bedding for our Master and have my hubs install crown moulding and high baseboards (which I have been asking for like 5 years LOL) and a small chandelier instead of the light cover we have in there.
I want to add a few finishing touches here and there throughout the house -- but just keep reminding myself to take it one room at a time!
Are you done for a while or are you moving on to other decorating?
I like small chandeliers too. I like chandeliers, but big ones can look too overwhelming in a house.

elegant - I like flipping magazines and catalogues too. But I haven't bought a fashion/beauty magazine for ages because I find them expensive, so I live off free catalogues and also by surfing the net.

Bonitinha

Elegant -- I am the same -- sometimes I just need something in my hands to browse. I get huge stacks of magazines each month -- even my kids like to look at them. I love to copy the looks from PB -- I am amazed at how I can find knock offs at Target and other places. I just re-ordered the Restoration Hardware catalog after I read your post because I haven't gotten a catalog from them in a while.
Yes -- pillows, pillows, pillows -- I love them!! A girl can never have too many decorative pillows . . .
I am getting bored of waiting for the next collections to come out -- wish they would hurry up already!!

Nora -- I agree, the artwork is the hardest to find. And it can be so expensive. I'm looking for something I love without spending a fortune.
Have fun adding to your home. It can be such a process but I like to take my time so I make sure I really know what I want. But I would love for my hubby to install the moulding I've been wanting -- 5 years is enough waiting time LOL

MissQQ -- I haven't ventured into Burberry cosmetics yet. Have you tried mainly the lipsticks or the blushes and e/s also?

Miss QQ

I only bought a lipstick. I swatched a few each from the eyeshadows, blushes, lipglosses and foundations. I may get the foundation since I heard that it is very good. Yeah the velvets seems to be taking forever to launch, although we just launched the new cream foundation and the tweed blush.

stv578

Thanks for the links MissQQ! They do look nice and saturated. I clicked on the different colour groupings on the website and they all seem to overlap. I'm not even sure which stores near me would sell the line though, will have to look into that!

Ikram

I played with the velvets lipsticks a bit these past weeks whne I visited some stores.

I think they are a no-go for me. Way toooo pigmented for my style, I prefer way subtrle looks, If you like bold pigmented lips they will be your thing.

I will give them another chance once they hit US stores. I only swatched them on my hand as the SA denied to clean and sanitize the testers to use on lips. Maybe I will find one to suit my skintone. They also didnt have full line up of the shades.

Also I liked to the new dusty pink nail polish.

Miss QQ

Thanks for the links MissQQ! They do look nice and saturated. I clicked on the different colour groupings on the website and they all seem to overlap. I'm not even sure which stores near me would sell the line though, will have to look into that!
I didn't realise the colour groups were overlapping lol. Yes they are saturated/ It wasn't obvious until I swatched them on my hand with the RC and RA, and RC are the most sheer and slippery, and RA is just slightly more saturated in colour than the burberry. I wore Antique Rose all day today and I'm in love. It is moist, creamy and pigmented, and long lasting. I wore it without any balm or lipgloss, and my lips didn't feel dry at all. I always need some gloss over lipsticks for more moisture, even with all the chanel lipsticks. The strong scent is also not detectable on my lips once I applied it. I'm going to get more of the burberry lip covers!

Antique Rose

Gardenia, Mademoiselle, Antique Rose, Ardent

Same order, Gardenia, Mademoiselle, Antique Rose, Ardent

Bonitinha

^^The texutre of Antique Rose looks amazing -- really pretty! I was just checking out the swatches of the new Guerlain 4 color eye palettes. I will be in trouble if I start getting into all of these other makeup lines . . . but everything looks so gorgeous
heart.gif