Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre

Miss QQ

Thanks, Monsy. Aww this means that I have to be with 01 for a long time. I will try to finish it up quickly!

User38

^ I am a powder ho.. I love LaMer, Cle,LaPrairie, Givenchy, YSL, and Chanel-- all are excellent powders so very finely milled - and all in that order.

one thing about the Chanel poudre is that it tends to oxidize a bit on me, turning me slightly orangey which is fine when I am going for a bronzier look.

Monsy

i would love to try chanel too but i am worried it will just enhance my dryness and be too matte for me

urbis

^ I am a powder ho.. I love LaMer, Cle,LaPrairie, Givenchy, YSL, and Chanel-- all are excellent powders so very finely milled - and all in that order. one thing about the Chanel poudre is that it tends to oxidize a bit on me, turning me slightly orangey which is fine when I am going for a bronzier look.
I have the old chanel pressed in lilas and peach as well as a couple of LE, but I'd love to try the brands you mentioned. But my go to powder is the Dior Capture, now discontinuated (but last year rose powder diorskin nude)

User38

th_wink3.gif

josephine90

I really cant decide if i should get the compact or loose version, ppl seems to rave about the loose one more but i have never really used a loose powder before, i might create a mess!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
^ I am a powder ho.. I love LaMer, Cle,LaPrairie, Givenchy, YSL, and Chanel-- all are excellent powders so very finely milled - and all in that order.

one thing about the Chanel poudre is that it tends to oxidize a bit on me, turning me slightly orangey which is fine when I am going for a bronzier look.

HerGreyness, I remember you mentioning Caron powders a while ago. That was the first time I had ever heard of that brand and I'm curious ever since, and now finally found a site that sells them. How do they compare to Chanel? I have 2 loose Chanel powders, 2 compacts, as well as several powders from other brands, so I'm wondering if it would be worth the splurge.

Quote: Originally Posted by josephine90

I really cant decide if i should get the compact or loose version, ppl seems to rave about the loose one more but i have never really used a loose powder before, i might create a mess!
I don't think you would. I prefer to apply loose powders with a puff and it's not messy at all.

Debbs

I got the Chanel powder in No. 70 and I absolutely love it. I have to remind myself that it is not for everyday work wear. Edited to ask , Is the No. 70 amongst the shades that will be discontinued that are WOC friendly? I heard that several suitable products will be discontinued soon so hoping to get an idea what if anything I should stock up on before its gone

josephine90

I prefer Chanel, it feels much nicer on my skin. HerGreyness, I remember you mentioning Caron powders a while ago. That was the first time I had ever heard of that brand and I'm curious ever since, and now finally found a site that sells them. How do they compare to Chanel? I have 2 loose Chanel powders, 2 compacts, as well as several powders from other brands, so I'm wondering if it would be worth the splurge. I don't think you would. I prefer to apply loose powders with a puff and it's not messy at all.
Should i get 20 or 30? Is there a huge difference between the shades? Im a mac nc20

User38

I prefer Chanel, it feels much nicer on my skin.

HerGreyness, I remember you mentioning Caron powders a while ago. That was the first time I had ever heard of that brand and I'm curious ever since, and now finally found a site that sells them. How do they compare to Chanel? I have 2 loose Chanel powders, 2 compacts, as well as several powders from other brands, so I'm wondering if it would be worth the splurge.

I don't think you would. I prefer to apply loose powders with a puff and it's not messy at all.
I will try to take a pic and post it, but it must be during stark sunlight. Caron is a lovely very finely milled powder -- it has a slight rose fragrance but it's very minimal to me. It does have a bit of sheen mini teeny micro shimmer to it. It is not comparable to Chanel as it could be called a final finish product not a setting powder as it is ultra fine. There are few different powders but I have Madame and Radieuse.. both are magnificent highlighting powders and do set makeup but in a very elegant and refined way.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I will try to take a pic and post it, but it must be during stark sunlight. Caron is a lovely very finely milled powder -- it has a slight rose fragrance but it's very minimal to me. It does have a bit of sheen mini teeny micro shimmer to it. It is not comparable to Chanel as it could be called a final finish product not a setting powder as it is ultra fine. There are few different powders but I have Madame and Radieuse.. both are magnificent highlighting powders and do set makeup but in a very elegant and refined way.
Thanks so much for your reply! Pics would be great. They sound lovely and I don't mind a rose scent. I think I would opt for Transparente.

Latest posts