Chanel Spring 2012 collection

User38

a set of minis would have been wonderful... but again production costs ... the cost of the mini jars exceed the cost of the actual product in many cases.. plus the competitive edge which a full size brings to market, vs. a mini.. unless it's a set of mini's and those don't sell as well because the costs go up exponentially.

katred

Specktra Bestie
a set of minis would have been wonderful... but again production costs ... the cost of the mini jars exceed the cost of the actual product in many cases.. plus the competitive edge which a full size brings to market, vs. a mini.. unless it's a set of mini's and those don't sell as well because the costs go up exponentially.

Absolutely right. One of the companies I used to work for figured out that it was cheaper to give away full size samples for a limited time than it was to do a production run of trial sizes for sale for the same period.

User38

katred, this is the crux of my business.. more than the beauty, it's the colour of money which puts products in the market.

Absolutely right. One of the companies I used to work for figured out that it was cheaper to give away full size samples for a limited time than it was to do a production run of trial sizes for sale for the same period.

User38

I have been on my "white" es kick and did indeed test out Ivory (which is a truer ivory/yellowish undertones), Island, and finally hit on Platine.. omg. Platine used with a damp 217 brush is gorgeousgourgeous.. it gives the same whitish effect as Fantasme without the fallout/glitter.

I will stand by my original opinion of Fantasme.. it is a lovely but quite glittery product.. great if I were 20 again, but now, a bit silly for me. I keep getting the impression that a lot of women like to work too hard at making products work for them.. and I prefer less work and easier to use products. I was just perusing Cafemakeup and I keep wondering what Amy looks like.. we only see her daughter who is a beautiful young woman. I would love to see a woman my age wearing a product like Fantasme.. and wearing it well.

jmarie.. ty

Winthrop44

I've never seen Platine e/s. I will have to check it out! What might be a good substitute for Emerveille? I had that one and didn't care for it too much.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have been on my "white" es kick and did indeed test out Ivory (which is a truer ivory/yellowish undertones), Island, and finally hit on Platine.. omg. Platine used with a damp 217 brush is gorgeousgourgeous.. it gives the same whitish effect as Fantasme without the fallout/glitter.

I will stand by my original opinion of Fantasme.. it is a lovely but quite glittery product.. great if I were 20 again, but now, a bit silly for me. I keep getting the impression that a lot of women like to work too hard at making products work for them.. and I prefer less work and easier to use products. I was just perusing Cafemakeup and I keep wondering what Amy looks like.. we only see her daughter who is a beautiful young woman. I would love to see a woman my age wearing a product like Fantasme.. and wearing it well.

jmarie.. ty

Yes, I realise that makeup is generally going to be targeted towards the young, but I do wish I could find more blogs/ sites that dealt with cosmetics for those of us who aren't quite as fresh-faced as we used to be...

Shypo

Winthrop, Platine is beautiful! I have had it for about 6 months - I think it's a nice balance between white and silver - not OTT at all. Just the right amount of 'glitter' to give dimension without chunk.

Ingenue

jmarie.. ty
That is my general opinion about certain 'cult status' eyeshadow primers (which tend to make up for the mediocrity of some eye shadows), lipstick colors that people know they have NO BUSINESS WEARING... EVER due to skin tones/undertones, and 'creaseless' products that crease like crazy without the use of the aforementioned eyeshadow primer.

Eleentje

April may become my very first Chanel nailpolish.

I actually see myself finishing my Emerveille. I loooooove it :)

ElvenEyes

May and June are gorgeous and I love the pale look! So feminine, so sweet, innocent, yet somehow very Coco Chanel. A touch of tom boy look to it. I love it and definitely going to try it out! I will be saving my pennies for this collection. Stunning blush!!! (Rushes off to her MU collection to recreate this look for fun!)

ElvenEyes

Okay, don't laugh! I am still recovering from the back thing, but played just a bit with MAC Avalanche e/s, Fresh Ice MES and UD Zero (which I blended out with my finger to blur a bit into a smokey grey). Tarte Exposed on the cheeks, MAC Light Sunshine BP, (totally skipped concealer since it is almost bedtime anyhow) and mascara only on the upper lashes. MAC Please Me l/s with clear gloss. Not as polished as I would like it, but a good peek at the look on me and I love it! Very fresh and brightening!

User38

Debi, I think it looks great !!.. the silvery liner is lovely on you.. I use an EL product called Graphite (again from the Mercury line or the Black Quartz).. both lovely and shimmery colours but not OTT....combined with the light shades you look fresh and your eyes look huge !

playing with mu is a great way to recover
pompom.gif

ElvenEyes

Debi, I think it looks great !!.. the silvery liner is lovely on you.. I use an EL product called Graphite (again from the Mercury line or the Black Quartz).. both lovely and shimmery colours but not OTT....combined with the light shades you look fresh and your eyes look huge !

playing with mu is a great way to recover
pompom.gif
Thank you! I love the way the white just lifts the eye and I am part Mohawk, so I have sort of a hooded, monolid, whoknowswhat kind of eye that is hard to work with. I think I heard my back say "aaaaah!"
girlhaha.gif