Changing the "complexion" of the club??!!

Lauren1981

^^ i just noticed that. i don't know what happened!

anywho, yeah!! i watched a video on youtube that showed one of the kids saying her overheard a mom saying "what are all these black kids doing here??!!"
i was like O-M-G!!!
seriously!!

Willa

God... I can't believe that in America, so many people still live in such of a closed-mind life. They don't know anything about life... Ridiculous

Lauren1981

these kids got treated so badly. it's humiliating. to go somewhere and then you're forced to leave, AFTER PAYING FOR IT, because of your color. it's just sad that this kind of sh*t still goes on.....

gildedangel

This doesn't really surprise me to be honest. I live in an area of the country where there are very few minorites, out of my high school class of 300 there were 10 minority students who graduated, and I have observed this kind of behavior before. In the end the club cannot really be punished in anyway besides bad publicity; because it is a privately owned entity it cannot be sued for discrimination. Or at least if they get sued they won't lose. I think that the club owner's choice in words was very poor and I do not condone this kind of behavior at all.

Arisone

Honestly, I'm not surprised by this. Things haven't changed as much as some of us would like to believe.

shadowaddict

Are you effin kidding me? Seriously? I feel so bad for those kids who just wanted to swim and have fun on a summer day, that their parents paid for.

I live in an area that has only a few minorities but my kids sure as hell knew we were all created equal, just cause our skin's a little lighter doesn't mean jack. How can parents act like that in front of their children, to let them hear you say those things? And to say that little boy might hurt someone? Get real, he was a baby like six or seven. Did you see the hurt in his eyes?

I saw an article in a spring teen magazine about some schools in GA and AL that still have a black prom and a white prom. And I'm thinking WTF? I cannot believe parents like this. My kids are now 20 & 26 but I would have been causing all sorts of hell.

What the F**K is this sh*t teaching the next generation?

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindas1983
I'm sure they must be breaking a law of some kind by doing this!?

Nope, they are not breaking any laws, they have the right to refuse to provide their service to someone for any reason legally. As long as they are not given any money by the government, they can turn you away because of your race, gender, nationality, any reason they want, at least in the US. Typically this doesn't happen because that type of behavor is highly frowned upon and frankly bad for business. This case is really shitty publicity for them.