Changing your name...Help?!

Kayteuk

I am looking to change my name to something a bit more Irish currently.
I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process in the UK or US? I am doing all my forms in the UK, and its really really scary! I am changing my full name, first and last. And also mainly because no one can pronounce my Surname and its gotten very irritating with work and everything! There are also other reasons which I don't want to go in to.

I have a nice name picked out, and I cant wait. But I currently have my driving license, and my passport forms in front of me and I now see the amount of work that needs to be done, as well as National insurance, Bank cards, and Gym cards. Does it ever stop?!

Also with regards to travel, I already have problems every time I go through US customs because I have flown there over 20 times in 4 years (Apparently I'm a drug trafficker? Or something...God knows!) to visit my family and ex boyfriend.

So I was wondering how I cope with Customs or how anyone else has coped with it? Or if they have had any issues?

Or even any other stories regarding name change, I cant seem to find much online about it and I remember a few people on here mentioning they have changed their names.

Kayteuk

Anyone?
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Well I know in Ohio...My bff had her last name changed and she had to file a petition with the court, there were forms online for each state....Have it notarized and pay $350 after the court approved it...It took about 3 months to get it finaliized.. It was allthe work afterward...SS Card, Drivers License, Credit Cards, Credit Reports etc...Because you have to report the name change because it doesn't change your SS# ... So maybe ypu can look online for your area and type in Birth Records/ Legal Name Change procedures and it may tell you what is all involved.

Kayteuk

In the UK its around £30 in total, and its free to change my name on credit cards and store cards. The only things that are costing me are my passport (Which needs renewing anyway) And my driving card.

$350 is so craazzzyyy! Did she think it was worth it?

Latest posts