Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

nphernetton

Hey kiddies, who has seen the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

I just got back from it and its AMAZING. Its very different from the old Willy Wonka movie because this version is based on and follows the original book almost exactly. I recommend it, but you have to watch it with a very open mind and not expect it to be a tribute to the old movie.
greengrin.gif

Spam.n.Rice

I love this movie! I kinda missed the way the original oompa loompas looked though. But yeah Johnny Depp did a great job as Willy Wonka.

Juneplum

i wanna go see this one but i'm a little nervous being that the willy wonka movie with gene wilder is my all time favorite movie... i know the one with johnny depp is more like the book, BUTTT i just can't bring myself to see it yet.....
oh.gif
ops:
th_confused_new.gif
th_dunno.gif
since 1st saw that movie when was like FOUR, i loved it...hmmm... who knows
th_dunno.gif

glittergoddess27

I am still singing the puppet song,.. "Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka, the amazing chocolatier,... Willy Wonka Willy Wonka,...." I love how it still keeps the same feel of you never know whether it is magic or genius,... and yes the darker satirical side of the movie appealed to me as well as seeing the kids after they leave the factory and the finding of the Oompa Loompas,... I told my 11 year old son that there were actually two books and now he is planning onreading them for school credit this coming year,...

ilovedisneyland

haha it was amazing. i love fastpace-modern movies like that. it was so fun and the music that the umpa lumpas sang was great.

Hawkeye

im still on the fence on this. I mean. I loved Johnny Depp in it but at the same time I don't know. I can't decide if I liked it or hated it.

kimmy

i loved it.

i went with three of my absolute favourite people haha so that made it even better.

but the actual movie was righteous. i love love love the imagery in it. of course, it's a burton film so i was naturally attracted to it haha. but wow...johnny depp was amazing was he not? he's such a chameleon when it comes to acting i swear that man can pull of ANY part abosutely flawlessly.

Latest posts