Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

elegant-one

My Sunset Lover lipstick arrived the other day. The color looks nothing like what is on the website. It’s not peachey pink. On my no color lips, it’s a very unflattering light orange. Back to CT it goes. Judging by some of the reviews on her site, I’m not the only one who is disappointed with it.

You're kidding!!! It totally did not look like that in the photos. That stinks! I didn't order it but was going to.

fur4elise

This is dupe post from the HAA ~ Coz', you know it belongs here too! ;)

Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold Trio

• The Original Gold – the ultimate classic for an instant touch of light
  • New Rose Gold – for a soft rosy goddess-blush tone on the skin
  • New Gold Bullion – for glowy bronzing, perfect on a sun-kissed complexion

charlotte-tilbury-bar-of-gold-trio-palette-review-4-650x437.jpg
charlotte-tilbury-bar-of-gold-trio-palette-swatches-650x459.jpg
charlotte-tilbury-bar-of-gold-trio-palette-review-650x434.jpg

(reallyree)

Last edited:

boschicka

This is dupe post from the HAA ~ Coz', you know it belongs here too! ;)

Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold Trio

• The Original Gold – the ultimate classic for an instant touch of light
  • New Rose Gold – for a soft rosy goddess-blush tone on the skin
  • New Gold Bullion – for glowy bronzing, perfect on a sun-kissed complexion

View attachment 64356
View attachment 64357
View attachment 64358

(reallyree)

Happy to see it's in proper packaging this time! :p

MaryJane

Just got an email to purchase the bar of gold trio today. If you sign up to be on the waitlist on her site you should get the early access email.

elegant-one

I didn't like the palette when I swatched it. The blushes seemed off shade wise & were powdery. They might look different on the skin.

MaryJane

I didn't like the palette when I swatched it. The blushes seemed off shade wise & were powdery. They might look different on the skin.
I thought the same thing when I swatched it on my hand but the colors apply beautifully on the face. I'm wearing the powder, blush, and bronze shade from the palette along with the rose gold from the bar of gold trio and the blushing dream lipstick. I don't think the blush formula in the palette is the same as her individual blushes, they seem to have a little more kickback but the pigmentation is there so I can't complain.

Monsy

oh no

I don't have much from her, only two blushes so I thought it might be a good deal to get the palette and try more stuff

elegant-one

I thought the same thing when I swatched it on my hand but the colors apply beautifully on the face. I'm wearing the powder, blush, and bronze shade from the palette along with the rose gold from the bar of gold trio and the blushing dream lipstick. I don't think the blush formula in the palette is the same as her individual blushes, they seem to have a little more kickback but the pigmentation is there so I can't complain.

How does the bronze shade look on you? It was so pale when I swatched it.

All shades look much better when applied on the face as compared to a hand swatch. :D

So maybe I should try it lol. Nordies does not have the best makeup lighting either.

Did you get any of the TF lip sculpt pencils?

Haven

So maybe I should try it lol. Nordies does not have the best makeup lighting either.

Did you get any of the TF lip sculpt pencils?

I passed on the TF pencils. They were ok, but I was not wowed by them. For that price I need to be wowed.

Also I have a lot of lip pencils from MAC and other brands that are cheaper and work well.

I used the CT palette again today. So far I like the bronzer/contour and the blushes. Not thrilled with the highlighters yet. Need to work with them some more. I am very fair so all of the products show up on my skin. Not sure how it would look on deeper skin tones.

Eta Overall I am happy with the palette and the lipstick set. Really like both.

Last edited:

MaryJane

I'm an NC20 or Armani Luminous Silk #4 and I find that it's sheer but can be built up. I do think it's the lightest of all of her bronze palettes. If I remember correctly, the Beauty Look Book has comparison swatches of the CT bronzers. I bought the palette more for the blushes and highlighters than the bronzer and I am very happy with them. As Haven mentioned the lip set is a win as well!

Icecaramellatte

I really wanted to get this palette! I'm NC43/44 but the 2 left shades just swatched blah on me. I'm pretty sure I could wear the other four shades. I really like the highlighters though. I hesitated because I wasn't sure if I really liked the palette or the idea of the palette. Decided to pass for the time being. I was going to get the skin care set but decided to just go ahead and get the full size night magic cream since that is what I really wanted and I've had a sample of the magic night cream and just used it up anyway. I did get a chance to chat up an MA who is a CT national makeup artist. I wanted to know when the new cream shadows were coming to stores in the US and he seems to think fall. I wonder why so long. I'm debating making a first order on the CT site but then again fall isn't so far away so maybe I'll wait.

Latest posts