Cheap but good foundations/concealers (uk)

lindas1983

Hi all,

I've just started a makeup course tht i'm doing more for fun rather than getting into the business i've got loads of eyeshadows, eyeliners, blushes, lip sticks etc (colour side of things) to get me through it but i've only really one colour of foundation/concealer as thats all i've ever really needed for myself.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some cheap but good foundation/concealers as i'll need to invest in a few shades of each but after the course is done they'll never be used again so i dont want to invest too much in them.

Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

I find that Maybelline do good foundations in all shades (from porcelain to shades for Indian and black ladies) and in all different sorts of finishes too.

I personally love Bourjois foundations, their concealers are too light for me so I don't know how good they are.

I would recommend Rimmel concealers as their colours do tend to cater for white - Indian - Chinese ladies. I have never seen Rimmel foundation or concealer which would be useful for a black lady. Having said that, the Rimmel translucent powder is brilliant for all skintones and I would think it would be a good addition to your case.

Collection 2000 also do some good ones too so check them out.

What I would suggest is making a list of ones which you like (Read reviews etc..) and stalk Boots/Superdrug and when you see them on offer, buy them as both stores often run promos where you get the concealer free if you buy the foundation.

starlaj

I second that Boots ,superdrug ect.. are the places for the £5- £15 foundations.
You can have a look online for swatches but if you go into store youll be able to try some and choose your shades, as everyones skin is different when it comes to the cheaper variety of product you will have to try some out and choose for yourself which you think is right for you.

xx

dietcokeg

iam not joking but primark do a concealer, its a pink pen like thing and let me tell you something it goes on like a dream and lasts all day. i only bought it to try it out i had zero expectations but i was seriously surprised. the only down side is that theres only one colour 'light' but it works for many skin tones iam nc37 and its perfect for me but it wouldnt work for nc/nww 42 or darker. try it out, you have nothing to lose its under 2£!

RedRibbon

Another product which is currently getting a lot of love in the RedRibbon household is the MUA pressed powder from Superdrug.

It weighs in at a colossal £1 and stays good all day. By "good", I mean it gives flawless skin and doesn't ball up near the mouth and nose area which I find a lot of other powders do.

ThePowderPuff

I looove Maybelline Superstay 24hr. It's a nice foundation and it lasts for hours and hours on my skin, whick normally eats up foundation. It lasts far better than MAC Pro Longwear for instance. It's definitely my HG foundation.

saizine

I absolutely adore the Barbara Daly for Tesco concealers and foundation! There isn't a huge color range (just light, medium, and dark, I believe), but the concealer is my HG, and I prefer it to MUFE and Bobbi Brown.

ButterflyKeeper

If Maybelline is affordable where you are (unlike here in NZ) you should try their Mineral Power range. Awesome stuff.

Latest posts