Cheap hollywood-style mirror made with stuff from IKEA

beautycool

All this vanity stuff is too much for me lol to organise and to organise my make up knowing what I need etc As need some plastic storages etc for my alex etc I love seeing pics of vanitys though :)))) I haven't a clue what my lighting strip is Called I will try n look later I am not sure if it begins with L I THINK my bulbs the ones that stuck out And I haven't a round plates thingy Otherwise that would of been another job for the hubby to do I have no patients lol Plus I think they are both led lighting strips I'm only having two though bought one already so expensive 42 or 48 uk pounds Each strip Nightmare Let me know what you go for in homebase But you can't beat ikea quality either chik :)

dancewithme

It's definitely a mission trying to come up with a new vanity set up! I'm currently trying to work out which muji combo will suit me best and leave me with some room to grow too. Don't expect my mirror to be completed any time soon (I swear he spends most of his DIY time sighing and scratching his head instead of doing any actual work!) but I've asked him to take some pics along the way of making it!

beautycool

Hi just looked at my ledsjo lighting OMG no wires came with none at all Omg the lady in ikea months ago told me that's the best lighting to go with And because my mirror is a kojala one it goes straight flush to wall Hubby's asking me where does he put the wires :( omg Anyhow I have gone off the idea ATM I cannot be bothered with it It can stay down on the floor for now Not important x

beautycool

6d8f4762_image.jpeg
Here's mine with mirror up now :))))

Jollee

Hi Hun yep x love it Thanks for the pic Is your chair a plastic type one with a rug over Hun One of those lovely ghost chairs x[/quote
Hi Hun yep x love it Thanks for the pic Is your chair a plastic type one with a rug over Hun One of those lovely ghost chairs x
Ghost chair is so expensive for me. Mine is $34 chair from ikea. It is one of their swivel chair. It has pink plastic on top and white legs. Because my table is so tall so this chair with adjusable height will be fit. I want it match my white table so i bought the white sheep rug from ikea for 12.99$ and the fur pillow from ross for 5$ For decoration. I love your vanity too.

beautycool

Ghost chair is so expensive for me. Mine is $34 chair from ikea. It is one of their swivel chair. It has pink plastic on top and white legs. Because my table is so tall so this chair with adjusable height will be fit. I want it match my white table so i bought the white sheep rug from ikea for 12.99$ and the fur pillow from ross for 5$ For decoration. I love your vanity too.
Gees so cheap and gorgeous Hun Love it And thank you for liking mine :)))) I still need a two more lighting strips and a chair and stuff I love your chair idea Hun That chair from ikea I bet it's more dearer here I know the rug is prob double that too :( Love it though️perfect your set up

Jollee

Gees so cheap and gorgeous Hun Love it And thank you for liking mine :)))) I still need a two more lighting strips and a chair and stuff I love your chair idea Hun That chair from ikea I bet it's more dearer here I know the rug is prob double that too :( Love it though️perfect your set up
Really?Dont you have ikea in your area? I check it online and yes rug is really expensive. Ikea has the one for $25 with fluffier and softer fur but i guess the $12 one is not that bad. If it is too expensive in your area you can just buy a white stool which probably cheaper and still very cute, you can slide it under your table when you dont use to save space.

beautycool

Really?Dont you have ikea in your area? I check it online and yes rug is really expensive. Ikea has the one for $25 with fluffier and softer fur but i guess the $12 one is not that bad. If it is too expensive in your area you can just buy a white stool which probably cheaper and still very cute, you can slide it under your table when you dont use to save space.
Oh don't get me wrong we have a ikea but few miles out I can shop online with a delievery fee lol But everything in uk is too over priced See 12 dollars is maybe £8 here I bet the rug is like £18 pounds over here Hun That's all I really love your bits I may have a look later on ikea site )

Jollee

Oh don't get me wrong we have a ikea but few miles out I can shop online with a delievery fee lol But everything in uk is too over priced See 12 dollars is maybe £8 here I bet the rug is like £18 pounds over here Hun That's all I really love your bits I may have a look later on ikea site )
Oh i see. Yes ikea delivery fee is ridiculous. They charge delivery 99$ for 20$ chair here in us. And it is only 15 mins drive away. I heard that uk has expensive makeup too. However, i still think ikea is the cheapest place for furniture because everywhere else will be double their price. If my table wasnt too tall, i will def so with the stool since it will be more elegent look. Like those stool with leather on top. Ikea has one chair called tobias clear chair which 79$ here in us, i think it look very cool too. They could be alone or with rug over. Like these picture.
Prettier than the ghost chair.

beautycool

Oh i see. Yes ikea delivery fee is ridiculous. They charge delivery 99$ for 20$ chair here in us. And it is only 15 mins drive away. I heard that uk has expensive makeup too. However, i still think ikea is the cheapest place for furniture because everywhere else will be double their price. If my table wasnt too tall, i will def so with the stool since it will be more elegent look. Like those stool with leather on top. Ikea has one chair called tobias clear chair which 79$ here in us, i think it look very cool too. They could be alone or with rug over. Like these picture.
Prettier than the ghost chair.
Hi oh yes thanks for posting Yes my friend has these chairs for her see through table :) I do like them Thank Hun if I ever get there with hubby which we prob won't I have a look :)))))))

xkassx

I'm going to be getting the Musik wall lights just wanted to know what Light bulbs do i get for it ? I'm in the UK and all the ones I keep finding are warm white, and don't you need cool daylight light bulbs for the best makeup application? Are the light bulbs they recommend in IKEA any good ?

beautycool

I'm going to be getting the Musik wall lights just wanted to know what Light bulbs do i get for it ? I'm in the UK and all the ones I keep finding are warm white, and don't you need cool daylight light bulbs for the best makeup application? Are the light bulbs they recommend in IKEA any good ?
Hi there I'm in the uk my lighting is ok for make up application I have the other brand which is much better than the other You don't have to fiddle taking the round plates off the back either . :) I'm not sure if you can get any other bulbs to fit apart from the ikea ones tbh . But ikea may do other bulbs have you looked on the website ? There's a difference bewteen the ones your going to buy and my one I have in ikea the lady told me to go for the other ones x

beautycool

If you look above ^^^ also my pic of my set up is there :) you can see my mirror and light I need another 2-3 though but very very expensive Let me know if u find any other bulbs I haven't heard any of the ladies complain whom have the ikea one you are getting or the one I have got tbh . Lots have them on insta

xkassx

Hi there I'm in the uk my lighting is ok for make up application I have the other brand which is much better than the other You don't have to fiddle taking the round plates off the back either . :) I'm not sure if you can get any other bulbs to fit apart from the ikea ones tbh . But ikea may do other bulbs have you looked on the website ? There's a difference bewteen the ones your going to buy and my one I have in ikea the lady told me to go for the other ones x
Oh have you got the ledsjo one that already comes with the lights ? I was looking at that one as it comes with LED lighting but again it's warm lighting, I didn't know If the other one was easier as you could change the bulbs i did have a quick look in IKEA but noticed most of them are warm white 2700k. It's so hard to find daylight bulbs in the UK :( x

Latest posts