Cheap routine for falsies?

aggrolounge

I want to try using false lashes more often. Has anyone found good deals on lashes, adhesive, the whole bit?

As much as I'd love to get my hands on some 35's, I just can't afford to be doin' that!!
nonono.gif

Brittni

https://www.beautyshopoc.com You can buy bulk Red Cherry lashes, like 12 for $12.50...Great price and good quality.

Duo Adhesive you can find a lot of places cheaper than MAC's website.

If your lashes stay on for a week without having to retouch too much, then investing in more expensive pairs and keeping 'em clean isn't really soooo bad... but yeah

MissResha

i buy my red cherry lashes from mscuppycakes.com for 2 bucks a pop
greengrin.gif
bought my DUO glue at Kmart for 4 bucks.

aggrolounge

I'll check out those links! Thanks guys!

EDIT:
Oh, and how in the world do you keep eyelashes on for a week? Do you not wash your face O___O

shyste

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrolounge

EDIT:
Oh, and how in the world do you keep eyelashes on for a week? Do you not wash your face O___O

I was sondering this as well...I take mine off at night gently, clean/santize them,put them back...I mean if you are wearing makeup everyday..to me taking it off would ruin the lashes..jmo....

Brittni

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrolounge

EDIT:

I personally don't know...I take mine off whenever I wear them since it's not a daily thing for myself, but I've read on this forum and know people IRL who somehow wear them for a week at a time. I know a lot of African American women go to this one beauty shop around here and get "eyelash extensions" that are glued on and stay on for a while? I suppose for people who don't wear eyeshadow, etc. it's a bit easier to keep them on...
th_dunno.gif

inconspicuous

Eyelash extensions are actually individual hairs that are glued onto your individual lashes, not the same as falsies being just glued on for a week. I totally want to get some but need to find somewhere that does them and some time to get it done first, sigh.

Also, back on topic, does anyone know any UK based sites where we can get cheaper but decent quality false lashes? I'm new to falsies and would like to test run some cheaper ones instead of splurging on expensive ones and finding out it's not gonna happen.

Thanks! xx

Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
Eyelash extensions are actually individual hairs that are glued onto your individual lashes, not the same as falsies being just glued on for a week. I totally want to get some but need to find somewhere that does them and some time to get it done first, sigh.

Also, back on topic, does anyone know any UK based sites where we can get cheaper but decent quality false lashes? I'm new to falsies and would like to test run some cheaper ones instead of splurging on expensive ones and finding out it's not gonna happen.

Thanks! xx

Iwould try eBay and get some Ardell lashes - they are much cheaper than Mac and good quality. I recommend the Wispies!

I know your asking for deals but the HK lashes that are long at the end and start to get shorter more towards your corner eye are off the hook. Even tho there is no discount, if u take good care of those then u can reuse them. just make sure to put mascara on your own lashes and not the false ones and take off the dried adhesive when done using.. oh yea and place them back on the packaging that way it doesnt loose its curved shape of the eye then your fine. lol. I know it sounds like alot but if u have nice or limited edition this is what needs to be down to maintain false lashes.

inconspicuous

Haha, I have the HK lashes but I want to test run with some cheaper ones so I don't wind up ruining them.

They are super adorable though <3 And also because I don't have any adhesive, which I didn't even think about until a week after I got them, lol.

Quick question: what's the best way to take them off? Do you just peel them off gently and then remove the adhesive? Or do you have to like dissolve the glue with warm water or anything?

The only false lashes I've tried to date were some individual ones with some crazy-ass glue that I had to steam my eyes for an hour to get off without pulling off my eyelids, so I guess what I'm asking is, the DUO lash adhesive isn't that much trouble, is it?

(on a sidenote, I think the individual lashes/glue messed up a couple of my lashes, and were a huge pain in my ass, which is why I'd much rather just try using strip-falsies)

Yushimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
Haha, I have the HK lashes but I want to test run with some cheaper ones so I don't wind up ruining them.

They are super adorable though <3 And also because I don't have any adhesive, which I didn't even think about until a week after I got them, lol.

Quick question: what's the best way to take them off? Do you just peel them off gently and then remove the adhesive? Or do you have to like dissolve the glue with warm water or anything?

The only false lashes I've tried to date were some individual ones with some crazy-ass glue that I had to steam my eyes for an hour to get off without pulling off my eyelids, so I guess what I'm asking is, the DUO lash adhesive isn't that much trouble, is it?

(on a sidenote, I think the individual lashes/glue messed up a couple of my lashes, and were a huge pain in my ass, which is why I'd much rather just try using strip-falsies)

Lolz no Duo isn't that bad. Not that I know of. I've been using them for about...2 years now?

I usually gently, GENTLY, GENTLY, pull the corner of the falsies from the outer corner and move towards the inside. I use a tweezer to pull off the glue afterwards and store them back into the box/case it came with
smiles.gif

Latest posts