Cheating

shygirl

I'm curious.

When you buy something(s) from a new collection, how soon do you play with it? How long do you use the stuff from your new haul before a new collection comes out?

Basically, how often do you cheat on, and then, dump your new-old stuff?

lol.gif

Vicious cycle!

farra712

I was just thinking about this yesterday! It seems like I just like to have things to look forward to sometimes, since I got all my Lure stuff and loved it and used it, and then some lipsticks I bought arrived and I only wanted to use them! It is sad...so on my days off, sometimes I find myself taking my makeup off in the middle of the day and doing a different look just to get some use out of the old stuff! It really is sad. When I get the new pigments, I know that my other eyeshadows are going to cry....I feel so greedy!

princess

I tend to keep the new stuff for a few weeks first before using them.
No idea why, I just like the idea that I have brand new, untouched stuff for me to use.
tong.gif

zwfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712
I was just thinking about this yesterday! It seems like I just like to have things to look forward to sometimes, since I got all my Lure stuff and loved it and used it, and then some lipsticks I bought arrived and I only wanted to use them! It is sad...so on my days off, sometimes I find myself taking my makeup off in the middle of the day and doing a different look just to get some use out of the old stuff! It really is sad. When I get the new pigments, I know that my other eyeshadows are going to cry....I feel so greedy!

it's exactly the way i do!!!!!
lol.gif

lola336

i try to use right away..lol..cause i know if i dont ill forget about it later on..hahaha...but yea once new stuff comes out u tend to forget...i was loving sweetie cake until i got my paws on sex ray..lol!

glittergoddess27

I can barely get out the door before playing with stuff,.. Usually my friend Jess (IndyEMSkitten) and I go to eat afterwards and spread our crap out on the table and play until the food arrives and we have to put everything away,... I try to mix and match all my stuff together after about a week,.. but I notice that I tend to neglect certain color groups more than other,.. which means,. NO backups of greens, purples, or blues,.. I just dont go through those fast enough.

d_flawless

HA, cheating, i love the analogy
smiles.gif

i tend to use the product the day it comes out and then maybe again once or twice over the weekend (since most collections come out on thursdays) and then i'll break and bring it back like a week or two later
someone recently posted a d'bohemia look and i can be like that too, going a very long time before i'll bring it back out...depends on how much i love something!

bellaetoile

i use it right away. in fact, sometimes i'm guilty of breaking into the black bag on the drive home, lol. but once i get home, i throw everything in my traincase, and just integrate the new stuff into my old routine. i like using it right away, because in the off chance i want to return/exchange something, it just makes it easier to do it immediately..

Parishoon

haha that's funny
I get the new stuff, rip it open & swatch it, if it's pigment, I put it in sample jars (i'm petrified to spill a jar) & label it, then put it w/ the others, and I open the drawer & say aaaahhh my precious, then i close the drawer & do a happy dance in my head. the very next day i'm back to my plain ol' routine

Shavwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by farra712

yup - I do the same thing too. I buy something adn love it until I get something else new
smiles.gif

Cool Kitten

i try to use everything i have just because i feel so guilty leaving my old stuff
winks.gif

So i'm trying a rotating schedule-using each color i have at least once every couple of weeks. Of course when i get something new i use it every day for a few days until i get tired of it.

Dizzy

I sort of fade-out my stuff. The old collections get replaced slowly with the new ones, then they end up in a drawer to be used for special occasions or when I run out of something and need a substitute. It's not cheating, it's playing the field.
tong.gif

Since I live a little far from the closest MAC store, I'm a UPS Fan. Him and I are on a first-name basis, and his wife is a MAC obsesser too, so he'll sometimes be like "see ya again around the fifteenth!"

pugmommy7

i bust into the bag as soon as i can.
usually my best freind and i will take our kids to the little indoor playground at our mall and take turns checking the kids wghile we swatch and try stuff on
smiles.gif

then when i get home i depot and intergrate the new with the old. that way i will look at things objective. i tend to stay in collection for a few weeks then i mix them up however I want to
smiles.gif

then if something looks neglected and/ornever worked for me, it gets put up for sale. only the ones that I just "know"...esp those items with little color payoff. i have no paitience for that! I like the idea that they will have a new home with someone who loves them.
the thought of taking/sending things back makes me very sad...so i always offer it up for sale here first. but if it doesn't move right away I do take it back b/c I want something I will like too
smiles.gif
It is like I have MAC credit
winks.gif