Chemical peels at home?

ashk36

Yeah look at that website and it seems like nobody has posted in a few months. I found a couple interesting things, but not much on chemical peels.

luxury

ash I am three days post peel and this is what I have noticed!

I have acne scarring, black heads, and acne.

After the first night I woke up and had some darkened dry patches around my face. Wore some makeup to cover it up. the next day it started peeling and i've been peeling since. just about done now.

One of my newer scars literally dried up and peeled off. The newer skin is so soft and glowing. My face is less oily and my blackheads are less noticeable. I will definitely be doing it again next week.

ashk36

Wow, luxury!! That's awesome! Could you tell me what exactly you ordered and where you ordered from? Sounds like you and I have similar skin issues. Glad to hear you got some decent results. I am definitely ordering SOMETHING tomorrow!

ETA: Nevermind, I'm an idiot! I shoulda read your previous posts first, huh? I was just looking at OSS a couple days ago, trying to decide what I want. I'm planning to take some before and after photos, but I am not posting them until (IF) I see some results cause it's really embarassing.

luxury

Ash I really liked ordering from them. I got a free sample of microdermabrasion crystals and she even signed the invoice with a smiley face in CRAYON! I loved that, lol. All of the instructions are very clear too.

ashk36

I like that!! I'm not sure which peel I want to order, though. I emailed customer service, hopefully I'll get a good response by tomorrow with some suggestions. I read the Jessner's Peel is really good for acne scars, but I did a little research and I read that one of the ingredients in it is derived from phenol, which can cause some really bad side effects for some people (as in heart problems, yikes!!) and there's no way to test for allergies. I might try the Alpha Beta Peel as well, just want to see some results!! Keep us updated on your progress and how it's working for you. I'm excited for you!!
smiles.gif

ashk36

Woohoooo free shipping!!! I got an email back from OSS today and Julie suggested the Jessner's peel. I'm a little scared, but I said fuck it and ordered it, along with some Emu oil because I've been wanting to try it anyways and I think it will help with the healing process. I'm pretty sure the Jessner's will make me peel a lot, and that's kind of what I want. It's good for acne, too. I don't really have any active pimples right now which is nice, but this peel is really good for cystic acne and uneven skin tone and scars. I think I'm going to test this out on my chin before I go and do my whole face. I want to see what I'm getting myself into, especially if I'm going to be peeling a lot. Better just my chin than my whole face falling off. I'm excited and nervous, and I'm trying not to get too high hopes for this, but I will be so happy if by this summer I can go to the beach without makeup. That is my number one goal. Keep your fingers crossed for me, ladies.

luxury

hey just updating I skipped last weeks peel because I think with using the acne stop my skin was peeling like crazy! once it stopped a bit I used the microdermabrasion crystals and exfoliated manually (which I was told I shouldnt have done) but my skin didn't react badly. Only reason I haven't peeled again is that I don't want to be peeling over Vtines Day weekend.

Overall I liked the results from just one use. My skin is clearing rather quickly and my skin is brighter.

ashk36

I did my first Jessner's peel last night. I don't think I used enough solution. Instead of pouring a bit in a glass bowl, I put the gauze in the bowl and poured just enough on top to wet it. It wasn't dripping wet though. I only frosted a little on my forehead and between my eyebrows, I think because that's the first place I applied and that's when the gauze was the wettest. I left it on for 5 minutes, didn't sting too bad at all. Added a second layer to my cheeks and left on for 3 minutes. Rinsed, took a shower, and my face didn't feel any different. Not sore or anything. Today I'm just shiny, and my forehead feels a tiny bit dry, but I'm not sure if I'll see any peeling at all. I'm an idiot and forgot to take a before picture. I'll be sure to get one before my next peel.

ashk36

On day 3 I finally did start to peel, but not a whole lot. I was just super flaky, and I still am. Basically it just looks like really dry skin. I don't want to do it again too soon because my next one is most definitely going to be stronger. I know what I'm getting myself into, and I know not to be so skimpy with how much I use. I think I'll probably do another one in the middle of March. Have you tried the microdermabrasion crystals yet? I used a tiny bit yesterday and I really like how fine they are. Definitely better than my usual apricot scrub...such a difference in texture. And you only need a tiny amount of the crystals, which is great.

As far as my skin goes, I don't see any difference in my red marks. I didn't really expect to after this first try since it was such a light peel. My skin isn't 100% back to normal yet though so I don't know my full results yet. But I did have a massive pimple right between my eyes that I feel would have been there a lot longer had I not used the Jessner's. To sum it up, I'm ready to do it again...except next time I'm pretty sure I'm going to be dealing with a bit more than just some flakey skin.

lexijojohnson

I've just started doing peels at home. I have sensitive skin, so I was worried. I also have problem skin - I just know that my pores are clogged and need to get crap out NOW! So, I ordered the MUAC 25% Mandelic Acid peel, and also a peel from MyChelle - the Incredible Pumpkin peel. I've been rotating them throughout the week. I've had some purging, as is expected, but my skin does feel smoother, and the blackheads/pores on my nose are getting a bit smaller. The MyChelle is really great.

Latest posts