Chess - the Musical

Kitty Kitty

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help but I'll give it a shot.

I'm a m/u artist in Australia and have been asked to do the makeup for a production of "Chess - the Musical". I haven't seen this production and don't really know what it's about (am about to go research the content) and have been trying to find some pics of the makeup styles for it. Has anyone had any theatre experience with musicals? Any help you could give would be appreciated.

May thanks,

Kitty.

Calhoune

"The story involves a romantic triangle between two players in a world chess championship, and a woman who manages one and falls in love with the other" -wiki

The makeup should be very very easy, since this isn't a flashy or extravagant musical at all. All of the characters are dressed low key.
There have been many different versions of chess, and different choices for the costume design, but all in all, it has never been any thing crazy just formal suits and dresses. Some productions have been more modern, and some have had a 50's theme. The Brodway version was slightly more extravagant.

Some version have some really crazy costumes, and there have been some version of chess put up where there isn't a single costume change, so it's hard to say...
I have no idea what type of chess that you've been asked to work for, but I think you'd have no problem.

http://www.eltham-college.org.uk/Get...cal/chess1_jpg
endgame.jpg

merchandiser.jpg

molokov.jpg

quartet3.jpg

Kitty Kitty

Great - thanks for your help. I'm having a trial run with the players of the characters in a couple of weeks so I'll have a good idea by then.

Thanks again.

Kitty.

jodipo

Hi kitty, my names Jodi. I have also been asked to do the makeup for a Chess production in Ireland and am having difficulty finding any images of make-up. It seems pretty basic apart from the Bangkok scene. Have you had any luck since your request. Love to hear from you. My email is [email protected]. thanks.

Latest posts