Chicago & MAC

ledonatella

I'm going to Chicago next week for vacation and where's the best place to scope out some MAC? Is there a pro store or just a freestanding? Are they nice there, etc? Thanks!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
I'm going to Chicago next week for vacation and where's the best place to scope out some MAC? Is there a pro store or just a freestanding? Are they nice there, etc? Thanks!!

It depends on where you are going to be. If you are going to be "in" Chicago the only MAC stores are downtown. Marshall Fields on State Street, Nordstrom on Michigan Ave, Marshall Fields in Water Tower Place, MAC store on Oak Street.

There is no pro store yet. There are freestanding stores in Oak Brook, Woodfield and at Oak Street.

I have been to all of them. And there are nice MAs at all of them. Ericka (Erica) is the manager at the store on Oak Street and she's very nice and helpful. Kat (MelodyKat here at Skecktra) is the manager over at Water Tower and she's really cool. Karin, Sandy, JB, Ryan, Dana, and a couple people who's names escape me at the moment all work at the Fields on state and they are really cool. Also, there are two counters at the Fields on State.

Hope that helps.

Designergirl9

I would hit up the one at the water tower or marshall field's. Marshall Fields is just fun to walk around in and worth it alone to see such a large store. THe water tower offers alot of great shopping to.

I used to live across the street from fields..I miss that area so much.

Have fun!

dirtygirl

If you're not going to be in downtown chicago, i recommend the oak brook freestanding store. the girls there are absolutely phenomenal. tina and georgie are my favorites, but all of them are lovely (check out sam's FANTASTIC natural lashes!). when i go to the counters, i never receive the kind of help that i do at the oak brook mall store. it's also less hectic than the water street and state street locations, although the girls there are lovely as well!

p.s. i wouldn't go to the nordstrom's counter at oak brook mall.. the girls there pale in comparison to the freestanding location, and they're in the same mall.

dirtygirl

if you need a shopping buddy for downtown or suburbs, feel free to hit me up! i live in the burbs and work in the city
smiles.gif
and i LOVE to shop! (especially for mac!)

pinkfeet

I second the Oak Brook store, i despise the Woodfield store - its hard to get service, they can ignore you forever it seems and its always crowded and even when its not crowded they tend to ignore you and seem indifferent.

Everyone at Oakbrook is nice and friendly. While Woodfield is a much closer I find myself going to Oakbrook more - I have never been to the newer store in Deer Park though, thats the newest store.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Mel (MelodyKat here at Skecktra) is the manager over at Water Tower and she's really cool.

Is that the same 'Mel' that worked at the Oak Street store?? I remember a very sweet & helpful person named Mel when I went there last summer, as a matter of fact, I have her card right here! I don't think I have ever had as good of service as I did with her. Oak Brook always rubs me the wrong way. If you don't have your LV purse or fur coat, you have to do a cartwheel to get their attention.

**edit** just looked at her profile and its not the same person. There is a Mel at the Oak Street store that is a sweetie!

ledonatella

I'm gonna be right by Michagan Ave. so I guess the freestanding store would be best, I wasen't thinking I can't use my pro card at the counters. But thanks for the help! If anyone knows of cool places to eat, visit, etc. feel free to PM me. I've been there a few times but everytime I go, there's something new I haven't seen
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holstrom4
Is that the same 'Mel' that worked at the Oak Street store?? I remember a very sweet & helpful person named Mel when I went there last summer, as a matter of fact, I have her card right here! I don't think I have ever had as good of service as I did with her. Oak Brook always rubs me the wrong way. If you don't have your LV purse or fur coat, you have to do a cartwheel to get their attention.

**edit** just looked at her profile and its not the same person. There is a Mel at the Oak Street store that is a sweetie!

Sorry. Her name is Kat. I am so slow. Wrong name. LOL.