Children Attempt to elope to Africa

abbey_08

i thought this story was really cute especially the suitcase bit! they was only 6 and 7!

this is from msn news....

"Two children tried to leave the cooler climes of Germany to elope to sunny Africa, but only got as far as the local train station.
The pair aged six and seven were planning to get married in Africa and brought the girl's five-year-old sister along as a witness.
They left their home in the city of Hanover, which they shared with the boy's father and the girls' mother, early on New Year's Day as their parents slept.
Police spokesman Holger Jureczko said: "The children wanted to do something really special for the New Year.
"They had it all planned out. They had three suitcases, filled with food, swimming costumes, a lilo and even sunglasses".
Mr Jureczko said they took a tram to the central station and were about to board a train to the airport when police stopped them.
"They said they wanted to go to Africa 'because it's so nice and warm there'," Mr Jureczko said.
The boy had once been to Italy and convinced the girl that Africa would be even warmer, he said.
The police told the trio that it would be difficult to get to Africa without money or tickets and instead gave them a tour of the police station before handing them over to their parents."

gabster_7

awww. that is so cute
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

I'm sorry, I don't think it's cute. I mean, the puppy love thing is cute, but the whole running away thing, not so much.

Where were mom and dad? We all make mistakes, no one is a perfect parent, but they made it pretty damn far.

MzzRach

Yikes, they are so young to want to run away. I wonder what is going on at home?

It's sweet that they want to be together, but again, they are small children. Something seems very off here.

florabundance

Lol I found this so weird. How did they know to have witnesses and stuff? When I was 5, I was content to run around all day, colour, read and sleep.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I'm sorry, I don't think it's cute. I mean, the puppy love thing is cute, but the whole running away thing, not so much.

Where were mom and dad? We all make mistakes, no one is a perfect parent, but they made it pretty damn far.

I think it's cute, I don't think we can blame the parents I know great parents that their kids can get out of their homes, plus with bedrooms on different levels etc I can understand how a child can get out of a home with no alarms

abbey_08

i think its the cute in the respect it was quite romantic they wanted to go to africa to get married cos it was hot there. they werent running away because they was sad at home. maybe their parents dont lock their doors, kids can get out easily if they know how

Blushbaby

Wow ...at that age I had more common sense to know my ass would get a beating the min I got "back from Africa" so I wouldn't have even bothered!

Seriously though, how did they get out of the hse with their suitcases and not be heard?

They're lucky their exploring asses weren't picked up by a friggin' paedophile. It wouldn't have been so 'cute' then.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
I think it's cute, I don't think we can blame the parents I know great parents that their kids can get out of their homes, plus with bedrooms on different levels etc I can understand how a child can get out of a home with no alarms

Whenever a child does something, the parent is ALWAYS to blame, maybe not completely, but the blame is always there in some form. We're the first and last in the line of responsibility, that's how it is, and that's how it should be.

Like I said, I agree with the love story and choosing Africa because it's warm being cute; but there is nothing cute about children getting out of their house, traveling alone, and not having a responsible adult to accompany them.

metoyou123

I must admit i did think this was cute but i do agree with every one how did they manage to escape without being noticed .. i mean where did they get the idea from and why Africa very strange
yes.gif

redambition

i think it's adorable.

in the version of the story published here, it was explained that they snuck out of the house in the early hours of the morning while the parents were still asleep.

i don't see how a parent can be irresponsible if it's the early hours of the morning and everyone is meant to be asleep.

abbey_08

they are lucky a peadophile never got them, i didnt really think of that aspect, just thought it was cute they wanted to elope! i didnt really think of the bad aspects just that it was cute of them!

mafalda

Actually, they gave it one more try a couple of days later - dad caught 'em right at the bus stop...

Latest posts