Chipping nails.....

jess98765

weeping.gif
ok, so i need a bit of advice here.
My nails are forever chipping- not the nail polish, but my actual nails. i can't grow them like 2mm without them just breaking. its driving me nuts! i apply a coating of OPI nail strenghtener every week but still no luck. i don't do anything rough with my fingers or anything!!
So any good products you've used/ advice you can offer to help maintain nails???
Thanks chickas
thmbup.gif

xbeatofangelx

I have that problem too.. So weird!! But it only happens for me when I don't have polish on. I try to paint them once every week or so, and there's no breakage as long as they're painted.

It must be some kind of vitamin deficiency we have =[

CincyFan

Sometimes it's just genetics. I would suggest taking Biotin or a Hair Skin and Nail supplement.

You might want to consider a different nail strengthener. My problem isn't the same as yours, my nails split and peel but I like Sally Hansen and Nail Tek products. Nail Tek can be pricey but you can find it online for less at these sites:

www.head2toebeauty.com
www.8ty8beauty.com

mistella

Mine chip all the time too! I can never keep them super long or 1 or 2 of em will chip and then the rest of my nails look all uneven. what I've noticed that helps though is Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle (in the gold bottle); it doesn't really help make them grow but it keeps them strong. and Nail, Hair & Skin pills (i get mine @ GNC); I bought these to make my hair grow faster but I noticed my nails growing soo fast. They were a lot stronger too.

Ciara

There is a product which i know of that is imported from Colombia. This stuff really works!!!!

Its called "Quimica Alemana"...you can find it in some beauty supply stores.

I found some on ebay.... check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Original-Qui...QQcmdZViewItem

Its def. worth it. I was using acrylic nails for i think more than 10 yrs....i never would thought i could grow my own nails. I wish I knew about this stuff years ago!!!

My best friend is Colombian. She put me on to this stuff. She actually brought me some from Colombia.

Ive been using it for almost a year now..I have my mom using it and 3 co-workers of mine...and they love it.

MzEmo

i heard your nails chip because the chemicals in nail polish makes your nails turn bad. but i have o clue if its true. i also have the same problem but like you guys i just paint my nail and the chipping stops.

Selene

I recommend using a glass nail file. That's what really helped me. It makes nails much less snaggle / chip prone, and it can stop a small chip from turning into a bigger one.

Latest posts