Choosing and applying concealer - HELP!

anaibb

I've been through a big fight with concealers in the last weeks. I got the stick concealer from Sephora wich I use under the eyes and turns out to be very tough, cakey and filling the small lines I have there. I also tried to apply it with a concealer brush but no way. I think it even got worst. The only time I tried to apply some kind of powder on my face, I got the notion that all the powder was attracted by it and I looked as if I had suck my head in a flour jar!
On the other hand, I also have Touche Eclat from YSL, which is not a concealer on its own terms. It works out ok, tough but I can still "see" it after applying it.I really don't know what to do about this. I probably need to pick up a creamy/liquid concealer or learn how to apply it.
What do you ladies say?

Kiseki

I use Estee Lauder's Re-Nutriv compact duo concealer, it's creamy and blends really well.

Everyone raves about Cle de Peau's stick concealer or Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer which are my next purchases.

If you want something along the lines of Le Touche d'Eclat, I prefer La Prairies, longer wear, slightly more coverage and doesn't set in my fine lines like Le Touche d'Eclat.

anaibb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
I use Estee Lauder's Re-Nutriv compact duo concealer, it's creamy and blends really well.

Everyone raves about Cle de Peau's stick concealer or Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer which are my next purchases.

If you want something along the lines of Le Touche d'Eclat, I prefer La Prairies, longer wear, slightly more coverage and doesn't set in my fine lines like Le Touche d'Eclat.

I think we can't get either Clé de Peau or Kevin Aucoin in Portugal yet, right?

newagetomatoz

I personally love liquid concealer, and this it works the best for undereye circles. For the rest of my face, I flip-flop between stick and liquid. For both I dab it on the spot and then spread it out in all directions, or I put a bit on my finger and "roll" my finger over the spot. HTHS!

Dreamergirl3

Sometimes when my concealer is hard to blend, I'll mix in a teeny bit of liquid foundation with it using my fingers on the back of my hand and then apply

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaibb
I think we can't get either Clé de Peau or Kevin Aucoin in Portugal yet, right?

You can get Clé de Peau at Strawberrynet.com (they ship to Portugal), as for Kevyn Aucoin, you can try ebay, I'll probably be shipping it to a friend's house and have him send it to me or pick it up the next time I'm in the US.

I didn't even notice you were from Portugal, sorry, welcome to Specktra.

Latest posts