Christian Louboutin Beauty -- COMING SOON?

elegant-one

And congrats elegant one you be a great nanna
smiles.gif
I reckon too Hun
Aww, thank you my dear!!! I'm so excited about it.
friends.gif

tobysmama

Not sure if this has been asked before but I really want to buy a lip liner that would best match Tutulle and Just Nothing. Really can't get the matching liner (weapon looking liner Loubi).

Sugar & Spice

@medgal07 Have you decided on another lipstick yet? I ordered Torrera. Since the only thing I'm getting from the holiday collections is the TF eyeshadow duo, might as well get all the CL lipsticks I want and make CL my holiday. Torrera was the only other one that caught my eye since I already decided to order Rococotte. Hopefully both will work out as I'm done now.

Winthrop44

Thanks for all the condolences. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Between this and the smell of my TFs I think I'll probably just stick with Chanel. I'm looking forward to their holiday collection.

elegant-one

Thanks for all the condolences. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Between this and the smell of my TFs I think I'll probably just stick with Chanel. I'm looking forward to their holiday collection.
amazed.gif
Do you have a bunch of stinky TF lippies??? So far I still have just the one. Geez, I don't want to have to worry about smelling them all the time at that price point
sigh.gif

elegant-one

Not exactly but I did swatch it on my wrist after picking it up. It's a pretty color that I think I would like on, looked to have a little more pink in it than I expected.
I had visions of me trying to get it from under the fridge, wiping it off & trying it on right away to see if I liked it
girlhaha.gif

Winthrop44

amazed.gif
Do you have a bunch of stinky TF lippies??? So far I still have just the one. Geez, I don't want to have to worry about smelling them all the time at that price point
sigh.gif
Yep, half of my Boys smell like they're about to go. Not opening my back up Addisons that are still boxed because I'm too scared. I'm going to make a point of wearing the full sizes I bought more recently (Forbidden Pink, Something Wild, So Vain) a lot in case they don't last that long.

elegant-one

The microbiologist in me just couldn't do it, especially because it did roll under my island and came up with a little dust on it. Couldn't do it.

Yep, half of my Boys smell like they're about to go. Not opening my back up Addisons that are still boxed because I'm too scared. I'm going to make a point of wearing the full sizes I bought more recently (Forbidden Pink, Something Wild, So Vain) a lot in case they don't last that long.
amuse.gif

Oh no! I'm going to go through mine right now
cry.gif

Sugar & Spice

amazed.gif
sigh.gif
I check mine weekly. My SA will accept any I bring back that have gone bad, so that's a relief and a few days ago when I went to take back Pure Pink which I got in April and has already went bad. The TF rep was there and we were talking about this issue and the TF rep told me that the ingredients that are used in his lipsticks are very sensitive to extreme weather conditions whether it's cold or hot weather. The lipsticks are majority made up of natural oils which is why they're so moisturizing. However that makes them not equipped to handle extreme weather conditions. If you were to take the natural oils you cook with and place them in extreme heat or freeze them, the oils would go bad instantly.

It's the same case for the lipsticks and the issue is that the lipsticks are already in extreme weather conditions long before they get to the store or are delivered to you. So there's no way to know how much longevity the lipstick you purchase has left when you purchase it. It's not even advised to have lipstick shipped in the summer because there's a good chance the lipstick will be melted when you receive it. So whether or not your lipsticks have longevity is going to depend on the region and time of the year you are getting your lipsticks. Which is why some people have this issue and others don't.

elegant-one

I check mine weekly. My SA will accept any I bring back that have gone bad, so that's a relief and a few days ago when I went to take back Pure Pink which I got in April and has already went bad. The TF rep was there and we were talking about this issue and the TF rep told me that the ingredients that are used in his lipsticks are very sensitive to extreme weather conditions whether it's cold or hot weather. The lipsticks are majority made up of natural oils which is why they're so moisturizing. However that makes them not equipped to handle extreme weather conditions. If you were to take the natural oils you cook with and place them in extreme heat or freeze them, the oils would go bad instantly.

It's the same case for the lipsticks and the issue is that the lipsticks are already in extreme weather conditions long before they get to the store or are delivered to you. So there's no way to know how much longevity the lipstick you purchase has left when you purchase it. It's not even advised to have lipstick shipped in the summer because there's a good chance the lipstick will be melted when you receive it. So whether or not your lipsticks have longevity is going to depend on the region and time of the year you are getting your lipsticks. Which is why some people have this issue and others don't.
Thanks!
noworry.gif
I just checked all mine & they are all still good except for the one nude. Mine are in a temperature controlled no light environment.

DLuxJessica

This makes me feel like I need the makeup equivalent of a humidor or wine cellar!

Medgal07

Torrera was the only other one that caught my eye since I already decided to order Rococotte. Hopefully both will work out as I'm done now.
No----I'm still mulling it over and wearing Zoulou practically every day!
girlhaha.gif
No rush! What shade is Torrera, and is it a satin? Rococotte is really pretty
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

Totally plausible-----and why we've seen issues across several brands----not just CL. This does beg the question why they decided to launch in even the summer.
shrugs.gif

Latest posts