Chrome Yellow help.... PLEASE!!!

Julia Vanhorn

I just got my Chrome Yellow e/s in yesterday and I decided to test it on my eyes and see how it looks. It was very sheer and I did not get the color effect that I was hoping for. What would you recommend to make it more vibrant. Is it normal for the e/s to be like that? Do you just have to keep building it on to get it to show really well? What are some of the trick that you use when applying Chrome Yellow? TIA I would love to love this color since it so pretty.

Miss_Behave

I don't have chrome yellow, but bitter and the same problem. there is only one way bitter shows up on me: Artdeco Eyeshadow Base!

here is a pic from MUA with and without. I'm sure it would work the same with chrome yellow

290260.jpeg

scrapbookromance

I use a concealer brush for both chrome yellow and bitter to really pack a lot on and get the most out of the color. I also put Bare Canvas paint under chrome yellow to get more to stick, and Chartruese (sp?) paint under bitter.

Hikaru-chan

I don't have a problem with Bitter, I find it goes on very pigmented and smooth.
Chrome yellow doesn't show up well without a base (usually I will use a shadestick).

YOOTOPiA

i use either corn shadestick or sweet n sour paint (dc) underneath chrome yellow to have that a higher color pay off. without any base though, i find a denser brush helps pack it on better. a sponge tip applicator or just your finger is another great way for it to show up. hth

MAC_Pixie04

corn shadestick or baselight paint, and i pack it on with a 242 brush.

i promise corn shadestick really helps! if my camera wasnt broken I'd swatch it for you.

user2

Yeah I have the same problem with Chrome Yellow.....everytime I use it I scratch off some e/s from the surface and apply it with a brush!

LatinaRose

I've been wanting to try this shade but have no idea what to pair it with. What do you like to use with it??? Also, I almost always wear black eyeliner, does that look bad with yellow e/s?? I really want to experiment with this, I've played with every color except yellow!!