Cinnamon lipbalm recipe?

capspock

Hey gals! Do any of you perhaps have one of those good homemade recipes for lipbalm using cinnamon essential oil? I know I have to be careful and do a test before using on my lips etc (certain people have allergic reactions to it), but I want to try.

I love cinnamon scent and I read it can help enhance lips (the cinnamon eo).

Links to these recipes will also be great. Thanks a lot!!!
winks.gif

maxcat

Too busy/lazy for my own concoctions... but if you want something to tide you over I'm IN LOVE with the Philosophy Cinnamon Buns lipbalm. Smells exactly as billed and makes lips feel fabulous.

Jaim

I just googled it!

INGREDIENTS:
1 -Tbs Beeswax (Freeze beeswax & then grate)
3 - Tbs Sweet Almond Oil
½ - tsp Alkanet Root (For ruby red color)
12 - Drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
1 - Capsule Vitamin E Oil
8 - Lip Balm Containers
Small piece of wax paper

TO MAKE:

1. In a double boiler or small pan, gently heat oil.
2. Add beeswax and alkanet root to oil.
3. When the beeswax is entirely melted, pull pan off of heat.
4. To ensure that your lip balm is the consistency that you like, put a large drop of mixture onto wax paper and put in freezer. After a couple of minutes, test the consistency on your hand or lips. Add more beeswax if you would like it harder. Once you have a good consistency, follow the next steps quickly so that the mixture does not start to harden.
5. Strain oil into an easy pour measuring cup, removing alkanet root from the mix.
6. Puncture Vitamin E capsule and add to oil/beeswax mix.
7. Add drops of Cinnamon oil. Note: If you would like super hot lips add more drops of Cinnamon, such as 5 to 10 drops. Stir well.
8. Pour melted mixture into lip containers being careful not to overfill. Pour extra mixture into a favorite container for yourself.
9. Allow to harden, and then put lids on and label lip balms.

Latest posts