Circumcision and AIDS, medical community gives a verdict~

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
this is interesting.... Circumcision may increase HIV risk in WOMEN..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070307/...oNOu3y7VJRI F

Few days late
winks.gif

Were already discussing that hehe...

And realistically, I dont think it's the circumcision that increases womens HIV, it's the sheer stupidity of having sex with an open wound.

The problem is, many(all?) women in Africa dont have the right to say, "Hun, your penis isn't healed yet, can we do this in a week or two when it is?"

Or more importantly, they dont have the right to say, "Hun, your HIV positive, I'm not having sex with you."

You can compare this to:

Men who engage in sex with their female partners with open sores from Herpes, are more likeleye to infect their female partners. It's common sense. If you have a open sore, you dont have sex until it's healed because your very high risk of transmitting the virus with an open wound. Maybe they just lack common sense over there?

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Yeh, I would totally end a relationship over circumcision. I'm totally grossed out by a un-cut penis lol.

Ditto!!!!! Eeew, uncut is so incredibly nasty. Why deal with all that cheesy, smelly, funky stuff in the first place? I thought everyone just got c'd. Totally makes sense about HIV. All I gotta say is uncut=no oral sex!

redhed13

I don't think that people are born with body parts that they are not supposed to have. I had a boyfriend that wasn't circumcised and he never smelled and he wasn't ever dirty. It felt alot better too.

tsukiyomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I am VERY much against cirumcision, male and female. It is another forumanother forumanother forumilation, on a person who is not in a position to consent (if done on a baby). There is no reason to circumcise men unless they do have a problem with their foreskin being too attached, but that is actually pretty rare.

I've been with both uncircumcised and circumcised males and tbh, I also prefer uncircumcised. Circumcised penises just look weird to me, and they aren't as much fun to play with. The lack of a foreskin can also lead to desintizing of the head, as it's always exposed.

As to uncircumcized penises being gross, that is definitely not true. Like someone said, it all comes down to personal hygiene, and as long as the guy washes his knob well, it is totally clean and doesn't smell. An circumcized pen0r can smell just as bad if it's not cleaned propperly.

And yes, I do think it is barbaric, and causes the child EXCRUTIATING pain. Even if he doesn't remember the pain as an adult, the child (unless under narcotics) screams and wails with agony. Some babies even pass out with the pain. I saw a video once that documents a normal circumcision proceedure, and it was so terrible, I couldn't even finish watching it.

Personally I think it shouldn't be allowed at all. It still is another forumanother forumanother forumilation no matter what angle you're looking at it from, and unless it's consensual like an adult saying he wants to get it done, it's physical violence, imo.

Also, saying it's for medical reasons to prevent something pre-emptively, can be compared to cutting off a girl's breasts to prevent possible breast cancer when she gets older. So that argument is totally invalid.

I TOTALLY AGREE. I will never circumcise my son if I have one. To me, it's legal genital another forumanother forumanother forumilation.
ssad.gif

tsukiyomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by little teaser
both of my sons and husband are circumcised.. i have dated a guy once that wasnt and i can def say that when there not it gross and smells not clean at all.. i can see how it harbor germs, i would def never be with some one or have sex with someone that was un circumcised unless there was two condoms on there and def no oral.. ewww

Don't know it unless you have tried it. Sex is actually better with a circumcised man. :p

tsukiyomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurian
Oh good LORD! The vast majority of males on this planet are not circumcised -- the US is the only country that routinely allows this for non-religious reasons. There is no solid evidence that circumcision has any medical benefit at all, and most doctors today will tell you as much. How any mother can opt to have their newborn's genitals surgically modified FOR NO REASON is beyond me... To think that they cannot feel it is absurd, and to think that it cannot cause them irreversible harm is absolutely ignorant.

Personally, having been with men who were both circumcised and not, I have to say that I very much prefer the latter, and that an uncircumcised penis is no more unhygienic than a circumcised penis -- it is all about personal care habits. Consider how comparatively disgusting women's genitals must seem :p We all know (at least I hope we do) that it's important to keep clean and so do most uncut men. Furthermore, many women prefer sex with uncut men for a number of reasons, myself included. AND there have been studies done that indicate that uncircumcised men are LESS likely to acquire a variety of STDs, because secretions beneath the foreskin have antibacterial and antiviral properties, much like in a healthy female's vagina. Although, considering the number of advertisements I see for douches, feminine deodorant sprays and yeast infection treatments, it would seem to me that most women don't know what a healthy vagina is. IMO common sense regarding our own health has gone completely out the window and this is just another example.

I anxiously await the day that the practice of circumcision becomes illegal.

I totally agree! Foreskin is there for a reason!! The glans is meant to be internal, like the clitoris.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiyomi
Don't know it unless you have tried it. Sex is actually better with a circumcised man. :p

I've tried it.
It's not, imo.
I didn't like it, to be honest. Sex wasn't 'bad' but I didn't like the foreskin, and I HATED giving head, which is odd because that's something I love doing.