Clarisonic Mia.. questions about using it

MsButterfly

I purchased the above product 4 days ago. It should be charged and ready to use in the next few hours. I've heard a few different ways of using it. Some say they actually wash most of their face makeup off first with a cleanser before using the mia. Then use the mia with more cleanser to remove any leftover makeup.. Others say they use the mia to remove it all and don't prewash their face. ??

The mia I bought only comes with the normal brush. She said Sephora (Canada) you have to buy the sensitive brush as an extra.

My skin is sensitive and she said some people with my type of skin have had no problems using the normal brush.

MsButterfly

Thanks! I removed my face makeup first then used the Mia. I followed the number of seconds per area. My face is quite red in the cheek areas. It came with the normal brush. The sensitive replacement brush costs close to $30 at Sephora.

Mac-Guy

You need to replace the brush every three month anyway. So maybe get the sensitive one or the extra gentle one - can't think of the name right now. And only use the Mia sparingly on your cheeks.

LMD84

i have the normal clarisonic and i still take my makeup off before using it :) some makeup is left on my face of course but most of it gets removed before - esp eye makeup because you can't use the brush on your eyes! and yes teh brush must be replaced every 3 months which means in about a week i need a new brush for mine!

Mac-Guy

You need to replace the brush every three month anyway. So maybe get the sensitive one or the extra gentle one - can't think of the name right now. And only use the Mia sparingly on your cheeks.

O.k. I had to look it up, but the brush for extra sensitive skin is called "delicate." If you order it only, you can get a twin pack for 40 bucks. I did not find that much difference between the various brush heads, and the sensitive one is certainly a good fit for most skin types.

MsButterfly

Thanks! After I used it I did apply moisturizer. My face felt dry. The redness has subsided and my face does feel smoother. I phoned Sephora and they do sell the Delicate brush, singles only. I will look for the twin brush replacements online. I'm hoping to find a place that ships to Canada or within Canada.

I'm debating as to whether to keep this product.

Before purchasing the Clarisonic I used a glycolic exfoliator cream(NeoStrata smoothing cream level 1) twice a week at bedtime. My sensitive skin could handle this cream. I'm wondering if the Clarisonic and this cream are similar in benefits?