Claudia Stevens Eyeshadow Primer review

Daphne69

I found this at Sally Beauty Supply, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to UDPP, other than Loreal De-crease, which I don't care for.

This comes in a no-frills looking white plastic tube, with a wand applicator. You get .33 fl. oz. for $4.99 though right now it's on sale for $2.59. For the past 2 days I used it on one lid, with UDPP on the other lid....I deliberately used a cheaper shadow, one that does way better with a primer, WnW's Mega Eyes in Fine Wink.

This product did the job, no difference between the eye with it on it and the UDPP eye. I am not really crazy about the texture of it, though. It is thin and white, goes on clear, but has a sort of fine grainy feel to it, which isn't cool for rubbing on your eyelids. UDPP is smooth, creamy, and has color to it, evening out the eyelid skin tone - however, since the area gets covered with shadow anyway, so what, right? The Claudia Stevens also takes a few seconds longer to dry. Still, it works, so for the price, there are some things I can put up with. I also had no burning, stinging or otherwise ill effects from the product.

I may go back and buy a few more tubes while it is $2.59.