Clear lipgelee

wolfsong

Ive seen a few of these around, and im always curious as to whether they are authentic or not. One of the auctions i have viewed showed the back of the product, which clearly showed 'Clear Lipgelee' on the back (in the correct place, with correct writing/batch code stamped etc). Yet the product is obviously not clear - to me it looks identical to Cool and Aloof, though wouldnt it say this on the back rather than 'Clear'? Im aware though that MAC has a tendency to use poetic license when it comes with naming...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MAC-Lip-Gelee...QQcmdZViewItem

Bigger photo:
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...ats=0&format=0

If anyone can shed light on it that would be great - and tell me if you can still get them from MAC (i dont see it on the website).

wolfsong

icon_bump.gif

HOTasFCUK

It looks like dame in a drss to me....i'm seeing gold for some reason. Honestly, i don't trust anything MAC from Australia or Asia! But anyways i don't there is a clear lipgelee. The only one would be cool & aloof but that is almost like a silver or clear with sparkles, not just a complete clear. If you want a really glossy, clear lipgloss you gotta get the clear lipglass in the squeeze tube! But all three of the lipgelees from Lingerie (Dame in a dress, cool and aloof, and who's that lady) were all friggin' beautiful and worth it!!!

ash10spro

this is a scam and i would trust the seller. the title states "RRP $33" but lipgelee tubes only sell for $14.. and i don't think there ever was a clear one to my knowledge.

MACATTAK

These can be fake! I know because I bought some before (thankfully got a refund) not from this person though, someone in the US, so those can be fake too. It was funny because I won 3 different colors...all colors came with the same name on the back. They also were larger than the authentic ones that I have. It does look like Cool and Aloof & I don't think they ever made a clear lipgelee. Also, on the fake lipgelees the names were printed on the actual tube, but my authentic ones have a sticker with the name on them. The only ones with the name printed on them that I have are the mini ones from a set.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash10spro
this is a scam and i would trust the seller. the title states "RRP $33" but lipgelee tubes only sell for $14.. and i don't think there ever was a clear one to my knowledge.

This may be the Australian retail price. I don't trust this either and all my lipgelees have a sticker as well. Try finding a seller in North America or check the for sale section here! I saw some lipgelees!

wolfsong

Thanks for the info - as long as the lip products i want are available through the MAC website i dont have any reason to buy from ebay (and to be honest im a novice when it comes to spotting the good fakes of MAC lip products!) I wouldnt like to risk getting something that has been used/very old (you cant tell with the tubes as long as you wipe them off etc, and you dont know if they have gone bad), and the counterfeit ones could contain poisonous/toxic ingredients.

Does your Cool and Aloof one have 'Clear Lipgelee' printed somewhere on the back? Ive seen an auction that looks identical to Cool and Aloof, but has the above printed on it - if the people i have seen with these are selling fakes, then their other products could be fake also (ive seen one or two up on the USA site in the last day, so it would be good to know).

Latest posts